HSH Prince Albert Current Events 5 : May 2005

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I was reading what sriwadee said
1. I think Prince Ranier and everyone in Palace already knew about Nicole and her son. I think Prince Albert told his father and his sisters, later Prince Ranier changed the Constitution that allow woman to be throne. The law changed in year 2002 which is Prince Albert told his father that Nicole having a baby with him.
I posted this on May 7, 2005

According to the article she became pregnant in December 2002 and he was born August 24, 2003. If that is the case Alexandre wasn't a full 40 week term pregnancy to be so she conceived around the week of November 10-16, 2002 after the changes in the Constitution so that blows the theory out of the water that it was changed due to not wanting her baby to be Albert's heir. Whoever said it try again. The changes to the constitution were underway for six years so Monaco could become a member of Counsel of Europe I believe it is called.

The woman was said to be American he was with at the Princess Grace awards and a model.

I just watched the tape and some words are different but its close.QUOTE]2. I remember that Prince Albert gave an interview to Larry King that he already has someone who will wed with him when he is 50 yrs. old. And he gave another interview that he already has a date with African woman. Both interview might refered to Nicole. [/QUOTE]
From Larry King Live interview transcript
You remain single, age 46, no children, never married. Plan to?
ALBERT: Obviously, yes. No I'm...
KING: What's taking so long. As your mother Grace might say, Albert?
ALBERT: Yeah, it's probably taking me longer than most but I met someone the other day who is happily married at the age of 50, so ...
KING: You mean recently happily married?
ALBERT: Yes. Mm-hmm. And I don't go usually by that kind of example. But if I stick to a gameplan I still have four years, but ...
KING: Have you come close?
ALBERT: There have been some relationships where had they gone on a little bit more they would have headed that way. But I think it's -- it's so much your own timing and your own agenda and the person you want to be with ...
KING: Is it important that there be an heir?
ALBERT: It is, but not as important as it used to be because the order of succession has changed, the law has changed in Monaco so you can actually...
KING: Who would succeed you if you didn't...
ALBERT: It doesn't have to go through a male heir.
KING: It can go through your sister's children?
ALBERT: Yes.
If all reports are Albert was mad by what Nicole did then its my hope that they can work through it for the sake of the child.

sirwadee
do u think u are giving albert to much credit to do all this plainning for nicole devulge albert as alex's father? so the guy watches law and order and csi so do i but dont do a lot of plainning like that

Perhaps Albert had assistance from his advisors.

its possible and im sure the ratings for both law & order and csi will go through the roof :)

Last edited:
This thread got quiet after the article was posted that said the DNA test showed Albert was the father.

LATEST: PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO is launching legal action against a
newspaper and two magazines following revelations he's the father of an
ex-flight attendant's son.

NICOLE COSTE, 33, told French publication PARIS-MATCH the 47-year-old
prince - who took over the regency of Monaco shortly before his father
PRINCE RAINIER died last month (APR05) - signed the child's birth
certificate, confirming he is 20-month-old ALEXANDRE's dad.

However, furious Prince Albert is disgusted at the media for delving so
deeply into his personal life - so he's suing British newspaper THE
DAILY MAIL, German magazine BUNTE and Paris-Match for breach of privacy.

Albert's lawyer THIERRY LACOSTE has confirmed that DNA tests have been
carried out - and prove the royal is the father.

Coste revealed she met Albert on a French flight from Paris to Nice in
July 1997, and gave birth to Alexandre in August 2003, after the Roman
Catholic monarch persuaded her to keep the child.

Tosca said:
LATEST: PRINCE ALBERT OF MONACO is launching legal action against a
newspaper and two magazines following revelations he's the father of an
ex-flight attendant's son.

NICOLE COSTE, 33, told French publication PARIS-MATCH the 47-year-old
prince - who took over the regency of Monaco shortly before his father
PRINCE RAINIER died last month (APR05) - signed the child's birth
certificate, confirming he is 20-month-old ALEXANDRE's dad.

However, furious Prince Albert is disgusted at the media for delving so
deeply into his personal life - so he's suing British newspaper THE
DAILY MAIL, German magazine BUNTE and Paris-Match for breach of privacy.

Albert's lawyer THIERRY LACOSTE has confirmed that DNA tests have been
carried out - and prove the royal is the father.

Coste revealed she met Albert on a French flight from Paris to Nice in
July 1997, and gave birth to Alexandre in August 2003, after the Roman
Catholic monarch persuaded her to keep the child.
I must admit while I understand law and am all for Albert sueing if Nicole went to the press as stated she did I can't see where he will have grounds after confirming he is the father since she freely gave the information and Alexandre is her child. That sounds like a battle between the parents. Does that make sense to anyone else?

"If" Albert is the father, what do you think he should do?

Sorry, I've been absent...I had to finish up school. I'm finally done forever and ever. On to Albert...

I don't think Thierry has announced that Al is the father. I doubt that contact music is a very reputable source and after doing a search, I haven't found that any other newspaper reported the same thing. That being said, taking legal action on privacy grounds and not on factual ones seems to indicate that the story is true.

Good points, Pallas Athina, & Congrats on finishing school. :D

pallas athina said:
Sorry, I've been absent...I had to finish up school. I'm finally done forever and ever. On to Albert...

I don't think Thierry has announced that Al is the father. I doubt that contact music is a very reputable source and after doing a search, I haven't found that any other newspaper reported the same thing. That being said, taking legal action on privacy grounds and not on factual ones seems to indicate that the story is true.
Thanks that was what I was thinking. I was under the understanding nothing would be announced on paternity one way or the other until after July 6 at the end of the mourning period. I still can't figure Nicole out in doing it as she did. She was lucky such a beautiful little boy and Albert was taking care of her and her other children as well. Not a lot of woman get that. In my country you get support based on the childs needs and income of both parents.

Freedom said:
Good points, Pallas Athina, & Congrats on finishing school. :D

Thanks!

LadyMacAlpine said:
Thanks that was what I was thinking. I was under the understanding nothing would be announced on paternity one way or the other until after July 6 at the end of the mourning period. I still can't figure Nicole out in doing it as she did. She was lucky such a beautiful little boy and Albert was taking care of her and her other children as well. Not a lot of woman get that. In my country you get support based on the childs needs and income of both parents.

I've read on other boards that she didn't recieve money for her interviews. Apparently the editor of Bunte said they at least didn't pay her. As I've said before, it really doesn't make sense unless Albert has done something to her we don't know about.

I think that he should take responsibility. As to how much, I'm not sure. I hope he is able to do what ever he feels he naturally wants to. If he wants close contact with the child, I hope he is permitted to maintain it.

If I were him, I'd provide for the child, his siblings, and the mother to have a secure home, security when they need it, and tuition to the best schools. I would not let this be a free meal ticket for the woman though, especially since she 'forgot' to take her pill.

I know we don't know why she decided to divulge to the world the way she did, but I agree with what Athina said. You know the saying: "Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned". Maybe she told him she wanted to get married for Alexandre's sake?

Last edited:
I hope Albert has a good support system to get him through this rough period.:(

True, true. But doesn't she have two other children? Does anyone know their ages? I'm sure he took very good care of them also.

michelleq said:
True, true. But doesn't she have two other children? Does anyone know their ages? I'm sure he took very good care of them also.
They meet 8 years ago when she was 25 and getting a divorce. So the youngest needs to be atleast 8. Seems every woman he dates falls in love with him. Maybe since she seemed to have the longest affair with him while he was dating all those beautiful woman like Angie, Alicia, and Tasha she must be the one he hid from his Dad and cared about the most to have gone against his Dad's wishes. I read today Rainier thought Alicia was charming. I know how that feels that Daddy doesn't appoved of the one you like the most and likes the ones you are just dating. I wonder how many of those private summons Albert got of he didn't approve. I don't think he gives his heart easily. I have a feeling Albert has a surprise coming for everyone.

JackieP said:
I know we don't know why she decided to divulge to the world the way she did, but I agree with what Athina said. You know the saying: "Hell hath no fury for a woman scorned". Maybe she told him she wanted to get married for Alexandre's sake?

well, if she did want to get married, she should have waited until after the three months of mourning before coming public with this. and she certainly should have talked to albert first. doing something like this is not going to be good for her or her son, or any of her children, in fact. Right now I'm torn in believing her and not, but I'll just wait to see what Albert says. it's a sad situation, really.

LadyMacAlpine said:
They meet 8 years ago when she was 25 and getting a divorce. So the youngest needs to be atleast 8. Seems every woman he dates falls in love with him. Maybe since she seemed to have the longest affair with him while he was dating all those beautiful woman like Angie, Alicia, and Tasha she must be the one he hid from his Dad and cared about the most to have gone against his Dad's wishes. I read today Rainier thought Alicia was charming. I know how that feels that Daddy doesn't appoved of the one you like the most and likes the ones you are just dating. I wonder how many of those private summons Albert got of he didn't approve. I don't think he gives his heart easily. I have a feeling Albert has a surprise coming for everyone.

Well, I would love to be his surprise!

Not quite yet!!!

I adore your post!!! We seem to think somewhat alike.

Hi I'm new to the Board and Have a Question regarding

Prince Albert.

Though he is now Sovreign Prince he is still a "A Serene Highness"-is Serene Highness a lesser title than Royal Highness and does it mean that he is not entitles to the bows and curtsies that a Prince Charles or William would get even though he is a Prince-Ruler.

I hear it said that Princess Caroline outranks him because she is a Royal Highness but he rules so how is that possible??

Thank you

LB:)

Last edited:
I agree it is sad. She waited all that time you would think two more months would not have killed her.

GömdNatt said:
well, if she did want to get married, she should have waited until after the three months of mourning before coming public with this. and she certainly should have talked to albert first. doing something like this is not going to be good for her or her son, or any of her children, in fact. Right now I'm torn in believing her and not, but I'll just wait to see what Albert says. it's a sad situation, really.

Last edited:
Queenie said:
Prince Albert.

Though he is now Sovreign Prince he is still a "A Serene Highness"-is Serene Highness a lesser title than Royal Highness and does it mean that he is not entitles to the bows and curtsies that a Prince Charles or William would get even though he is a Prince-Ruler.

I hear it said that Princess Caroline outranks him because she is a Royal Highness but he rules so how is that possible??

Thank you

I believe he outranks his sister because, one, he is a sovereign. Sovereign princes outrank royal highness'. Also, per certain patents, her husband is technically not a Prince of Great Britain, and technically, all titles in Germany are void, yet the German Royals still use them. Again, I may not be completely right, but I believe this is why.

Queenie said:
Prince Albert.

Thank you

Albert is now the Sovereign Prince, I believe it is His Most Serene Highness Prince Albert II of Monaco. He out ranks her as a Monarch he doesn't have to bow nor would his wife have to curtsy but I read Princess Grace still did. I believe his sisters on certain occasion would have to curtsy to him. And welcome to the group.

Thank you for the welcome, I was wondering though

if people would have to bow and curtsey to him or is that a protocol only given to Royal Highnesses.

I remember once Reading that the late Queen Maryof England hated being HSH Princess Mary of Teck before her marriage because as a Serene Highness she was not entitled to bows and curtsies.

Seems kind of dumb a Prince is a Prince. Besides the Grimaldi's have reigned and ruled over 700 years that makes them pretty royal. It just seems the "Serene Highness" title is considered lesser in some circles.

Sorry for so many questions LB

Queenie said:
if people would have to bow and curtsey to him or is that a protocol only given to Royal Highnesses.

I remember once Reading that the late Queen Maryof England hated being HSH Princess Mary of Teck before her marriage because as a Serene Highness she was not entitled to bows and curtsies.

Seems kind of dumb a Prince is a Prince. Besides the Grimaldi's have reigned and ruled over 700 years that makes them pretty royal. It just seems the "Serene Highness" title is considered lesser in some circles.

Sorry for so many questions LB
Yes, they are suppose to and always have. Larry King Live see if it explains your question
KING: But do you say to yourself someday -- by the way, why isn't he king? Albert: Well, that's historical fact. We were given the title -- or, we were recognized by King Louis XV of France so in 1641, by treaty the Grimaldis were only lords of Monaco so we were granted the title of "Prince" by the then King of France.
In some circles the Grimaldis are seen as lesser however over the years it has changed some. I expect to see things change even more from all I have heard. He has been better trained over the years then even his father was for the postion.

You know I don't see why PRanier would nto let his son marry who he liked, cuz after all PaALbert probably panned to marry the one he loved after his dad passed away.

Thank you for clearing this up. I figured as a reigning

Monarch he was entitled to bows and curtsies. I do believe the idea that Serene Highness is lesser only prevails in Great Britiaqn where George V forbad any legitimate member of the Brit Royal family to be called serene highness because the German royal family always used it.

He was also the one who changed the family's name trying to cover their German roots-didn't work everyone still knows:) Ergo the thought in Britian that HSH is somehow lesser than HRH.

LB

Nicole

This is what I thought.. P.Albert may want to get married with Nicole when he turns 50 yrs. old (as he gave interview to Larry King), but it might possible that his father told all servants (assistants) to do anything to against him to get married with Nicole because P. Ranier might think that if he pass away, his son must get marry with Nicole. Then, all servants (assistants) might talk something private to Nicole but not let P. Albert know. For example, servants (assistants) might want to give her big money and let her go away from P. Albert. Then, Nicole got angry so she picked up the phone and talked to Paris-Match. .....because she said she is not a gold-digger.

Or...P.Albert might want to get rid of her and do something that cause Nicole get too angry. .... because she said Albert wants to keep their relationship as friends.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom