Earl and Countess of Wessex and Family Current Events 4: August 2008-October 2009

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pics 4.11.2008

Sophie, Countess Of Wessex attends the Dyslexia Awards Dinner
at The Dorchester on November 4, 2008 in London, England

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 ** Pic 3 ** Pic 4 **

Good to see Sophie get out there to support her charities. That said, I can't claim to be fond of the dress she wore.

Last edited by a moderator:
She looks beautiful.

She is very beautiful but sorry the dress is horrible. It looks about 2 sizes too small for her now.

:previous: While the colour is fantastic I think the shade and the sheen on the satin accentuates the wrinkles or crumples which is not helped by the little gathers on the sholder and the front of the jacket. :rolleyes:

That's my opinion as well. Satin is a hard fabric to wear, I think; and Sophie's colour is delicate. I found that she was a little overwhelmed by the electric blue.:ermm:

According to the British Monarchy website they attended the Diplomatic Reception at Buckingham Place last night, which is a State Occasion, along with the Queen and Prince Phillip. Does anyone have any pics as I would love to see what tiara Sophie was wearing?

It's been 3 years since Sophie last attended the Reception for Diplomatic Corps and sadly, there have not been any media coverage at all, angela. :ermm:

I do like the blue dress, although the colour is a little bit to much for her. I also think she doesn't look her age. She definitely looks younger than she is. Nice lady

Sophie's dress is terrible, but she herself looks amazing!
I can now see the wonderful benefits of am almost year-long maternity leave!

Agree with previous. Sophie is beautifuk woman with fashion style good for older woman.

But it's good to see her on events like this.

Edward must however be having a good laugh at the fact that he completely bamboozled many photographs, journalists and military commentators this weekend.

A number of photos credited Edward as Harry until they were made aware of their mistake. Several commentators even talked about Harry role in Afganistan while they were actually talking but Edward.
One member of the TA were walked pass the cenotarph has noted that he was shocked as he believed it was William at first that was saluting them at Horse Guards untill he met him later. He noted that Edward "looks 20 years younger with a hat on, flawless skin, no winkles or blemishs. Just a bit pale. He looks like he just started shaving." :)

Every programme here correctly identified Edward, apart from anything else at each of the events where he was photographed, they were given the attendees beforehand.

I am truly puzzled by your report from a TA member, he would have seen both William and Edward in attendance and known the different cap badge and rank insignia. Contrary to the commonly held belief, TA members are not thick and are fully trained up members of the forces. The RF had all retired into Whitehall before the march past and unless the TA members were in uniform, they would neither have given nor recieved a salute from an officer in uniform.

The TA marched pass him at horse guards ? possible before or after the centarph ceremony. He was the only member of the RF there along with the minister of defense. I am currently looking for the blog that reports it. BBC World was among the group that said he was Harry, when the Duke of Kent was laying his flowers they corrected themselves.

Part of source I'll continue looking for rest.
Richard's writings and rantings: Meet me under the clock at Waterloo

There is a strong resemblance between Edward and Harry apart from the colouring, and it's particularly noticeable from certain angles.

Edward must however be having a good laugh at the fact that he completely bamboozled many photographs, journalists and military commentators this weekend.

It must be another blog as this one you have given does not mention this.
One member of the TA were walked pass the cenotarph has noted that he was shocked as he believed it was William at first that was saluting them at Horse Guards untill he met him later
It is certainly a weird blog and as you know, the salute is given to the monument but unless the participients are in uniform complete with headgear (and some of them are), a salute should not be given nor received.

No matter, but I would be interested to read of someone who became confused between William and Edward or Harry and Edward, IMO they look nothing alike.:flowers:

Sorry can't find the other news article. It was in the Cape Argus. Anyway I think the event was at Horse Guard not the centarph.

Apparently one man in uniform looks exactly like a man in another. Maybe these people simple don't know what the royals look like to beginning with. The possiblities are endless.

This is good news! Edward seems to have found his niche. As President, will he chair the annual meeting? That's not an easy role to play, especially if things get heated--as they often do at meetings.:flowers:

I doubt it is any sort of achievement. Apparently all the Duke of Edinburgh's partonages will be moving to other royals. He is getting along in years and need to scale down that is all. I expect the other royals to also pick up several ones - no doubt Charles is already petitioning for the World Wildlife Fund.
th_whoopdedoo.gif

It seems appropriate that this particular charity went to Edward, though, because of his involvement in the Duke of Edinburgh's scheme and other groups involving young people.

I really enjoyed reading this story. I wonder how long it took him to fix the shoes?:)

I just love Sophie blue really suits her and the article was cute. Thanks

The story of the countess and the cobbler. Lovely stuff.

Edward and Sophie are unlikely to have a party to celebrate their 10th Wedding Anniversary as the Queen has called for a halt to all royal parties.

Edward and Sophie are unlikely to have a party to celebrate their 10th Wedding Anniversary as the Queen has called for a halt to all royal parties.

When was that announced?

Not announced simply implied.
Due to the impending global financial woes, the Queen has order all the members of the royal family to cut back on all expenditure and appearances of extravagence. Everything from travel expenses to clothing allowances will be reduced.
I don't think that the royal family will be celebrating any other milestones this years - besides Edward and Sophie's anniversary.

10th Anniversaries usually haven't been 'big' celebrations anyway from my memory.

I family dinner, with maybe some of the wedding party, would be normal I think and no one would expect them not to have some acknowledgement.

Even the Queen's 60th was really only a church service and a family dinner. The planned more elaborate dinner was cancelled earlier this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom