Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News and Events 2: Sep 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
257px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_Kingdom_%28Tudor_crown%29.svg.png

Arms of The United Kingdom

Welcome to the Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor News and Events thread, Part 2

Commencing September 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited:
Lady Frederick Windsor attended a dinner hosted by the Marchioness of Bath and Wes Gordon to celebrate Carolina Herrera New York at Sir John Soane's Museum in London yesterday, October 25:

** Pic ** gettyimages gallery **

Lady Frederick Windsor has written an article for the Spectator magazine on December 17:

** spectator.co.uk: The uncomplaining bravery of the senior royals **

"I cherish my growing closeness to the senior members of the royal family who are so hardworking, uncomplaining and brave in the face of relentless and brutal media attention, criticism, lies, undermining and fictional TV programmes – and always so good to me that I’m honoured to know them."

Despite the 'never complain, never explain' motto of the BRF, i bet when they are amongst the family, they very much have opinions on certain shows, series and regular and social media :flowers:

Lord and Lady Frederick Windsor and Family News 1: September 2009-

"I cherish my growing closeness to the senior members of the royal family who are so hardworking, uncomplaining and brave in the face of relentless and brutal media attention, criticism, lies, undermining and fictional TV programmes – and always so good to me that I’m honoured to know them."

Despite the 'never complain, never explain' motto of the BRF, i bet when they are amongst the family, they very much have opinions on certain shows, series and regular and social media :flowers:

I have no doubt they do have their opinions- and when they’re in a trustworthy environment- share them. I like their motto of “never complain, never explain.” Most of the time it works. Every now and again- something does need to be explained, but not most of the time.

I DO like reading this from her though. She was the perfect person for this. I can think of a few things off hand she was no doubt referring to. And she folded it in nicely into an article where she was talking about a variety of subjects.

Last edited:
I have no doubt they do have their opinions- and when they’re in a trustworthy environment- share them. I like their motto of “never complain, never explain.” Most of the time it works. Every now and again- something does need to be explained, but not most of the time.

I DO like reading this from her though. She was the perfect person for this. I can think of a few things off hand she was no doubt referring to. And she folded it in nicely into an article where she was talking about a variety of subjects.

Good for her!

I thoroughly enjoyed Sophie's article. She deftly covered a variety of topics and even poked a little fun at herself over her fundraising efforts. I wouldn't mind reading more articles from her.

I enjoyed it except the royal part. You know the exploiting royal connections for readers. Pot calling kettle black putting it nicely.

I enjoyed it except the royal part. You know the exploiting royal connections for readers. Pot calling kettle black putting it nicely.

Eye of the beholder...
I see it as the difference between "exploiting" and "appreciating."

Eye of the beholder...
I see it as the difference between "exploiting" and "appreciating."
As do I. ? I believe her comments to be sincere especially in light of the support she and her family received after her terrible accident in 2017.

How is she exploiting? She’s quite a well-known actress and her sister is a well known celebrity in the U.K, most people forget she’s married to a member of the BRF. She’s not bad-mouthing and she doesn’t constantly talk about the BRF.

How is she exploiting? She’s quite a well-known actress and her sister is a well known celebrity in the U.K, most people forget she’s married to a member of the BRF. She’s not bad-mouthing and she doesn’t constantly talk about the BRF.

But name dropping your royal connection gets more attention.

[.....]

Last edited by a moderator:
Absolutely! And Lady Frederick isn’t a royal, in spite of some media referring to her as such. She’s the daughter in law of the King’s second cousin. That doesn’t make her royal by any stretch of the imagination.

[.....]. However there could be a number of programmes she’s referring to in the article. The Crown for one, as parts of that are certainly fictional.

[.....]

She has mentioned her family in one paragraph in a positive way.

[.....]

Absolutely! And Lady Frederick isn’t a royal, in spite of some media referring to her as such. She’s the daughter in law of the King’s second cousin. That doesn’t make her royal by any stretch of the imagination.

[.....] However there could be a number of programmes she’s referring to in the article. The Crown for one, as parts of that are certainly fictional.
I don’t believe that at all, for one thing, she is simply speaking of her experiences and that is all she can speak of. The media may paint her as royal, but she isn’t and I’m sure she knows that she isn’t. She hasn’t said anything negative or even dropped hints about the other couple so I don’t see how she’s referring to them.

[.....].
She’s quite well known in the U.K and her sister, Claudia Winkleman even more well-known so she doesn’t need to fluff out her connections to the BRF to the public or media at large. I don’t see any hints at the other couple who are doing much worse in exploiting the BRF and I doubt Sophie is getting paid for this. Plus very few people remember her as Lady Frederick but Sophie Winkleman who was on Peep show. Plus she still acts.

I don’t believe that at all, for one thing, she is simply speaking of her experiences and that is all she can speak of. The media may paint her as royal, but she isn’t and I’m sure she knows that she isn’t. She hasn’t said anything negative or even dropped hints about the other couple so I don’t see how she’s referring to them.

Yes. From what I read she is referring to television programs and doesn't mention [.....] any of the royals by name except the late Queen.

At this point no one should need reminding, but mention of the Sussexes on any thread but their own will result at the minimum with the post being deleted. Let's move on.

:previous: Great news. I'm so very glad that she has continued to work after recovering from her terrible accident.

Lord Frederick Windsor attended the B London VIP launch party in London on March 16:

** Pic **

Lord and Lady Frederick attended the V&A 2023 Summer Party at The V&A yesterday, June 21:

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

According to Sophie, Princess Michael chose her (Sophie’s) wedding dress for her. She looked fabulous, however. Does anyone but me recall the dress Princess Michael chose for herself? :shock:

I think it was fashionable at the time. Marie-Christine also has a ver particular style. I think she looked great but probably other women wouldn't have been able to rock it.
Sophie's dress I didn't like AT ALL.

Nice to see she keeps working, she was absolutely DELIGHTFUL in Sanditon.

Like the Prince of Wales has done before, Lady Frederick has sold copies of the Big Issue magazine in the streets of London:

** dailymail article **

Back
Top Bottom