Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Nice show Kate, the necklace is simply stunning!!

VERY rarely do separately created pieces work quite so spectacularly well together..

Really it IS *perfection*.

How wonderful to see the necklace again and indeed a perfect match with the tiara. The cut of the dress also made sure the necklace was shown at it's very best.

The tiara is wonderful, but after seeing the original Cambridge Lover Knot tiara on the Fuerstin of Waldburg-Zeil a few days ago in Tegernsee I can not help but hope that some day in the far future the Duchess will add the pearls back on top.

Last edited:
VERY rarely do separately created pieces work quite so spectacularly well together..

Really it IS *perfection*.

Good point. They go perfectly together.

And she wears all the pieces very well.

This is the best earring/tiara/necklace combo I've seen her wear since she became the DoC.

LaRae

I think you’re right. It’s just perfect.

One of the perks of being royal HAS to be the jewelry access.

One wish I would have would be to get to spend the day in the Royal Vaults just looking at everything...

LaRae

Princess Catherine looked beautiful at the state dinner; I loved her blue gown and she's wearing an heirloom necklace that the Queen Mum used to wear. I think it's really important for the royal rocks to be worn by different generations because it gives a picture of continuity which is one of the few pluses that a monarchy has. The Duchess of Cambridge looked every inch a real princess and I wish I'd seen a better glimpse of her diamond bracelet, worn on her right forearm.

Princess Catherine looked beautiful at the state dinner; I loved her blue gown and she's wearing an heirloom necklace that the Queen Mum used to wear. I think it's really important for the royal rocks to be worn by different generations because it gives a picture of continuity which is one of the few pluses that a monarchy has. The Duchess of Cambridge looked every inch a real princess and I wish I'd seen a better glimpse of her diamond bracelet, worn on her right forearm.

I was so transfixed by the tiara/necklace/earrings, I completely missed the bracelet! Wow. She really went all out. None of the pics I have seen have properly caught the bracelet yet.

The jewels are simply stunning.But why that gown.......

Vault

One wish I would have would be to get to spend the day in the Royal Vaults just looking at everything...

LaRae

I have to agree. Although it might take more than a day to see it all. And to think someone has the job of cataloging all these pieces, keeping them clean and maintained.

There is a famous quote by Queen Juliana at a gala event just after WWII. She said, "och how dirty all these jewels look tonight." Because Europes finest jewels had been locked away and probably hidden for over five years while the war raged through Europe. The ladies had not had the time to get them cleaned before this particular event. Sorry but I can't remember which event it was.

Never been a huge fan of the tiara. Not my favorite and I don't think suits her.

But the necklace and earrings are stunning on her. Happy to see necklace out.

Simply amazing. Is it just me or does it look like one of the pearl drops on the left is missing. There is a centre drop and one on the right. It looks unbalanced?

Last edited:
So wonderful to,see the pearl necklace paired with the lovers knot Tiara. Has she worn the earrings before?

Yes she's worn the earrings before ..a few times. They were Diana's, presumably gifted to Kate by William.

LaRae

I think that Catherine is wearing a default parure. Hanging pearls on the Cambridge Lovers Knot tiara, the Collingwood pearl drop earrings and now the historical Queen Alexandra's necklace, the jury is out on the bracelet as I haven't chance to get a good look at it.

It was clever to put all these pieces together. This makeshift parure is better than a lot of the predesigned ones.

Simply amazing. Is it just me or does it look like one of the pearl drops on the left is missing. There is a centre drop and one on the right. It looks unbalanced?
I noticed that as well. Maybe the pearl is caught behind the rosette? I actually think that they should remove the side dangling pearls, and just leave the center one as the side ones just don't hang straight.

The jewels are simply stunning.But why that gown.......

Actually the jewelry just totally stuns and draws the eye so not so much focus is put on the gown. That's a good thing. She wore it all amazingly well.

Actually the jewelry just totally stuns and draws the eye so not so much focus is put on the gown.

If it's a close up (waist above) I would agree with what you say, but with the whole dress it's distrasting especially the skirt :bang:.

I am thinking that since the DoC is being loaned significant jewellery from the Queen's collection, the less we will see her wear anymore of Princess Diana's jewellery other than what she wears now.

Actually, I think we will see both. Diana, Princess of Wales' jewelry was very much a part of British history as are many pieces in the vaults and I think we'll see a good mix of all of them appear on Kate as the years pass. Eventually, as Queen, Kate will have the full run of the vault and have her own favorites just as the Queen does today.

She has access to whatever part of Diana's jewelry that William inherited ...that doesn't mean she likes it all or will ever wear most of it. We may see Charlotte wear some or even the wives of her brothers if we are all still alive at that point!

LaRae

I noticed that as well. Maybe the pearl is caught behind the rosette? I actually think that they should remove the side dangling pearls, and just leave the center one as the side ones just don't hang straight.

Agreed. Even in the photos of the Queen Mother, they did not always hang straight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom