Duchess of Cambridge Jewels 3: January 2016 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The earrings for tonight's evening Photography event - do we love them or?

I can't decide which wins - the way they seem to match the buttons and florals on the dress or the way they match. Is it too much or just right? And where the heck do you find earrings to match the shiny bits on that dress, anyway?

They are costume, right? Never before seen?

I will say that the earrings with the hair are great. That hair can carry off a bold drop earring like this! I'm just not sure if they are great with this dress' baubles. (I do like the dress, though).

:previous:
Both the dress and the earrings are by Erdem, which is why they match.

Yes, costume and yes, new.

I’m not a fan of them personally.

The earrings for tonight's evening Photography event - do we love them or?

I can't decide which wins - the way they seem to match the buttons and florals on the dress or the way they match. Is it too much or just right? And where the heck do you find earrings to match the shiny bits on that dress, anyway?

They're also Erdem, made to match.

I love them, they are so eye-catching!

That could be a match! This one hasn't be seen for ages, or am I mistaken? The Queen once again has been generous with her loans to Catherine!

Catherine is wearing Queen Mary's Lover's Knot Tiara, Princess Diana's Collingwood Pearl Drop Earrings, and Queen Alexandra's Wedding Necklace tonight for the state banquet.

Yes It's Queen Alexandra's wedding necklace ....GORGEOUS! Looks like it goes perfectly with the Cambridge Lover's Knot tiara.

LaRae

Lovely to see another new loan to Kate. I think this combo with the CLK is perfect.

Fabuloso glorioso!

The Duchess looks impressively bejewelled.

Absolutely stunning jewels on the Duchess tonight the Lover's Knot Tiara looks stunning with the earrings and necklace.

Queen Alexandra's wedding necklace has not been worn since The Queen Mother.

Wow. Fabulous necklace. Glad to see it out of the vaults.

Catherine wears that tiara so well.

No surprise concerning the tiara as it remains a beauty. The rest is also stunning. Some magnificent pieces she's wearing tonight.

I don't think anyone has worn the Cambridge Lover's Knot better than Catherine. It suits her perfectly, and she can carry off the size and shape of it. Plus, I think it looks best on dark hair. Queen Alexandra's necklace is beautiful on her, I hope she is able to wear it again for other appearances--one of my favorite necklaces that she has borrowed.

I am just as excited as the rest of you to see The Duchess looking so lovely in those spectacular jewels. Especially as we know the pearl necklace so well as it was a favourite of The Queen Mums.
The Collingwood earrings are a beautiful pair. All combined with the Lovers Knot tiara and Catherine really shone on this night.

I think the pearl necklace works better together with the Lovers Knot tiara then with the Honeycomb tiara which is the combination in which the Queen Mum used to wear it. Wonder why the Queen has never worn it together with the Vladimir tiara since she inherited it from her mother.

I think the pearl necklace works better together with the Lovers Knot tiara then with the Honeycomb tiara which is the combination in which the Queen Mum used to wear it. Wonder why the Queen has never worn it together with the Vladimir tiara since she inherited it from her mother.
You have a point there, the pearl necklace is kind of perfect for the lovers knot tiara. Let's hope that she'll wear the combo more often.

Over the years, the Queen has worn very few of her late mother's jewels, especially the bigger ones. She has worn a few brooches, the oriental circlet only once, the fringe two or three times... She has stayed with her old favourites mostly.

The pearl set is absolutely stunning . A wonderful jewelry appearance.

This is the best earring/tiara/necklace combo I've seen her wear since she became the DoC.

LaRae

The tiara, necklace and earrings are gorgeous. Love this combination.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom