Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 7: March 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I actually like the assymetrical aspect of the dress. But I hate the sleeve side. It ruins the look. It would have looked much better if it had just been a wide strap on that side, and ended at the shoulder.

But I don't like the odd length of the dress. And the shoes are hideous. :sad:

Last edited:
I think Victoria's outfit is fine too, I quite like the design.

I don't mind the length or color. The asymmetrical sleeves and T-strap shoes are making me twitch.

Exactly. Especially the sleeves. Pick one or the other.

I like T-strap shoes, but not these. And especially with tights.

I like edgy dresses and Victoria can pull them off. Alas not this time. Her overall style was all over the place --- her left bare arm looked weirdly naked compared to her right side, those shoes were hideous with her black stocking, length of the dress made her look short and stocky and black didn't look good with her pale skin. Sorry but wrinkly and badly designed dress are not my cup of tea; perhaps if it had been of some other color I would have liked it better. Her hairstyle look good from the side but from the front, the same&usual flat and tight :ermm:

Last edited:
One time I definitely thought the men looked much classier then their wives.

I like edgy dresses and Victoria can pull them off. Alas not this time. Her overall style was all over the place --- her left bare arm looked weirdly naked compared to her right side, those shoes were hideous with her black stocking, length of the dress made her look short and stocky and black didn't look good with her pale skin. Sorry but wrinkly and badly designed dress are not my cup of tea; perhaps if it had been of some other color I would have liked it better. Her hairstyle look good from the side but from the front, the same&usual flat and tight :ermm:
Couldn't have said it better. Agree with all your points.

:previous: Terrible look. The skirt especially should go straight to the trash

I have to agree with many of you, this is awful! That skirt is just cheap looking and the shoe booties with that skirt just make it worse.

Oh God what is the Crown Princess wearing looks thrown together and a fashion disaster.

That skirt is horrible...the whole look is horrible...and I thought Kate looked bad.

LaRae

Yikes! I love her coat, but that's about it.

No. Simply no. The materials are extremely cheap looking and the BOOTS. They are awesome, but why under a skirt like this?! Any decent stylist would not approve of the footwear tonight. Not to mention the slit just makes it worse.

I like neither the skirt nor the top - but I do have to admire the edge of the overall look. The pop of that blue clutch against the black and red made it for me. And, I am finally at peace with short boots.

I could not call it "royal" And it is nothing I would wear (that red shirt!). But I do think it fun and risky without being inappropriate or too young.

I still think she and Kate made a pact to wear gutsy choices together and to share the fallout. We can remember it as "that official visit with the wacky evening wear."

Starting to think Victoria and Kate made a pact to look like their stylist went on strike :whistling:

This is bad. The skirt is cheap. The slit is horrible. I don't mind bare legs, but it looks horrible here.

I like the top, the pop of read but doesn't save the look at all.

The boots wouldn't be bad with a pair of trousers. But with the skirt :bang:

I've no problem with either of them, I've decided. :flowers: Victoria looks snazzy. The shoes and skirt length are totally okay. I'd wear it on a night out. It's almost as though Victoria is 'breaking out' of the rigid confines of an eternally conservative style, 'mom approved'. Good for her! JMO. ;)

Last edited:
The black skirt just looks cheap to me. Her red blouse and the boots make her outfit look like a costume, does her no favors

They both look like dressed for Halloween :D

Totally agree with you 100%, both ladies tonight look ridiculous and it is a shame that neither could find a chic elegant dress to wear given all they both have in their closets. If this was to get attention, done and all for the wrong reasons. Just horrible dresses on both Catherine and Victoria, what were they even thinking is beyond anyone's guess.

Oh Victoria, everything is clashing:bang:.

Victoria hasn’t really impressed me with her fashion choices the last couple days. The red blouse and black skirt were especially bad.

That being said, especially given that Victoria is the heir to the throne and not a consort, I like the fact that she’s not really a fashionista, (although she often does get things right). Her clothing choices are sometimes beautiful, sometimes not so much, but her wardrobe in general is more functional and focused on being appropriate than on being fashionable as such.

This last red and black outfit looks simply horrid and not something I'd expect from the future queen. That black skirt with high-slit was too tight and looked awful and cheap with that fake fur coat of hers, the blouse looks also weirdly styled, nude tights with boots. Only good thing was red color. And when her hairdresser does her updo's, then please do something about those neck hair of hers, whenever I see side pictures of her and her hairy neck I shudder at the sight...it looks so unkempt :ermm:.
Quite truthfully I was very dissapointed by Victoria's fashion choices during this visit. She could have easily recycled her old clothes and saved money. If she wanted to promote Swedish design, then sadly it failed miserably!

Last edited:
The thing about Victoria is in my opinion that she's not a natural dresser herself and judging from her day off outfits have no real interest in fashion. I think she's very much in the hands of her stylist.

There is nothing strange at Victoria's outfit yesterday evening, she likes to wear edgy clothes at events connected with art. We have seen that for instance at Polar Music Prize. And when we look at the outfits the other guests wore yesterday, Victoria's outfit isn't strange at all. Victoria dresses often very businesslike, so it is easy to understand that sometimes she likes to have fun and choose surprising clothes.
I liked the top, the skirt wasn't a good choice. And I liked the ankle boots.
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010020021U1517509681833390
http://imageupper.com/i/?S1100010020031U1517509681833390

Victoria's ankle boots are Lykke Boots from swedish Rebecca Björnsdotter.

Last edited:
It's all really puzzling .. normally so elegant this is again a totally horrific outfit.. it really is embarrasing

The thing about Victoria is in my opinion that she's not a natural dresser herself and judging from her day off outfits have no real interest in fashion. I think she's very much in the hands of her stylist.

For the past year or so I have been totally baffled by Victoria’s fashion choices. I used to like 90% of her outfits, but now I dislike 90%. I couldn’t understand what was going on. And then a few days ago someone on a fashion blog ‘’introduced’’ me to Victoria’s stylist and it all became clear. I’m afraid I’m not going to like most outfits if this stylist stays and continues with this type of fashion:sad:.

For the past year or so I have been totally baffled by Victoria’s fashion choices. I used to like 90% of her outfits, but now I dislike 90%. I couldn’t understand what was going on. And then a few days ago someone on a fashion blog ‘’introduced’’ me to Victoria’s stylist and it all became clear. I’m afraid I’m not going to like most outfits if this stylist stays and continues with this type of fashion:sad:.

I've felt the same way about Victoria recently. One bad/strange choice after another. It feels like I'm looking at 60+ woman and not at a younger woman who's in her early 40s and has good figure. I used to hate her too harsh hairstyles but now I hate most of her fashion choices that seem to belong to 70s and 80s fashion. If she insist on those classic buns, then better go with classic and clean designs. I guess I'd have to be die hard fan to like this kind of outfits she wears these days, especially that last one :eek: I wish she would try another stylist!

Last edited:
Victoria needs a stylist fast..like last week if possible. There is no excuse for the future Queen of Sweden to go out looking like trash!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom