Crown Princess Victoria's Eveningwear Part 7: March 2017 - August 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
There is nothing strange at Victoria's outfit yesterday evening, she likes to wear edgy clothes at events connected with art. We have seen that for instance at Polar Music Prize. And when we look at the outfits the other guests wore yesterday, Victoria's outfit isn't strange at all. Victoria dresses often very businesslike, so it is easy to understand that sometimes she likes to have fun and choose surprising clothes.
I liked the top, the skirt wasn't a good choice. And I liked the ankle boots.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Victoria's ankle boots are Lykke Boots from swedish Rebecca Björnsdotter.

Is she impersonating Cookie Monster? :eek:

The ankle boots worn with trousers or with a short skirt and black tights would be nice. But worn like she did.... Catastrophy

Crown Princess Victoria's outfits and styling were quite dismal to disastrous this week the unflattering cheap leather skirt with the slit and those boots was an unimaginable royal fashion horror at its worst.

Victoria looking fabulous in recycled gala wear in the official photo on the occasion of Bernadotte anniversary
http://www.kungahuset.se/images/200...G_KRPRV-A_FotoThron_Ullberg_Kungahuset.se.jpg

I don't think it was recycled. I could be wrong, but the photos were likely taken before the nobels. Wouldn't be the first time, they used other portraits from the nobels previous years to update their photos on the court website.

Anyways lovely photo. She looks lovely in blue. The tiara I prefer on Madeleine but still stunning.

Crown Princess Victoria's outfits and styling were quite dismal to disastrous this week the unflattering cheap leather skirt with the slit and those boots was an unimaginable royal fashion horror at its worst.

Agree, none of her outfits from the Cambridges visit was good. What a pity!
BYe Bine

I don't like the blue gown. I the high neckline ruins the look.

What a lovely dress, and great to see this colour on Victoria! I love the lenght and neckline of the dress. Victoria was especially radiant this evening. The dress is from H&M Conscious Exclusive Collection 2018. The collection will be on shops on 19th April.
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0366683947/profimedia-0366683947.jpg
https://api.profimedia.com/data/large-preview/4/0/0366683183/profimedia-0366683183.jpg
https://media1.popsugar-assets.com/..._300dpi_PR/i/HM-Conscious-Collection-2018.jpg

When creating the collection, the design team has drawn inspiration from the arts and crafts movement in 19th century Sweden, paying homage to the creative couple Karin and Carl Larsson. This dress has got inspiration from Carl Larsson's painting.
https://assets.vogue.com/photos/5a7...ster/pass/hm-conscious-collection-2018-03.jpg

Last edited:
Ah..sorry not a fan of that at all.

LaRae

I agree, lovely color, but overall not my favorite look of hers.

I love the green print fabric. I'm not sure about the hemline-I think I like it for something different.

I love th dress. She looks wonderful.

Victoria's green dress goes well with her dark hair but overall design looks like something from my granny's wardrobe. This dress makes her look bigger and I hate the way the material is gathered around the neck.

Victoria's green dress goes well with her dark hair but overall design looks like something from my granny's wardrobe. This dress makes her look bigger and I hate the way the material is gathered around the neck.

I for one think it's okay to wear things that make one look bigger. :flowers: That is not a negative imo. I would like to start seeing more curvy ladies challenging the camera lens! ;)

P.S. I admit a bias: I hate the way we are slaves to what the camera sees! :huh: I rebel!

Last edited:
Beautiful color but I dislike it.

Oh my...that just looks awful on her. Looks like it's too big/ill fitting and it's not a good color for her. Very matronly.

LaRae

I, for one, really like what Victoria is wearing. The colour of her dress suits her in particular. She looks good.

The colour is very pretty on her and I’d like the whole look if it weren’t for the sleeves.

I like it all----a different look for her with the long necklace and monochromatic done well---very elegant.

Dislike the overly long sleeves and ugly necklace. That color is not for her, a real miss imo

Not sure..but someone is responsible for all the awful outfits she's been wearing here lately.

LaRae

I don't even like the color, the entire look is blah. The sleeves are horrid.

Sorry but Victoria's overall look is soo bland and boring. If I ignore those overly long sleeves, then this dress would have looked okay if it had been made of some richer color or had she used some pop of color to enliven this ensemble but now everything was so ....beige. Plus that tightly pulled back granny bun and randomly hanging long necklace.
I like MARG's description: "a symphony in beige". I suspect this overall look was intentional but its kind of nauseating :eek:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom