Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 13: January 2018 - September 2018

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I like the vibrancy of red on Victoria and the trouser suit is really nice and professional. Pairing it with a feminine blouse with a ruffle just takes the edge off.

This is one of most beautiful dresses I have ever seen on Victoria, she looks just fabulous, and very regal! And the perfect hairdo completes the look.

The dress is okay...it doesn't really jump out at me as being that great. Wish she would wear her hair down though.

LaRae

The dress is okay...it doesn't really jump out at me as being that great. Wish she would wear her hair down though.

LaRae

I also thought it would have been nice to see her with her hair down. She's not working, it's not an official representation - so let your hair down, girl :)

The dress is nice, but it doesn't pop out. On the other hand, I think it's nice that she's not drawing that much attention to herself with her dress. She's just one of the guests at a friends today.

To me it's an evening dress..not a daytime wedding dress. Something more summery ..less formal? I think it would work better.

LaRae

To me it's an evening dress..not a daytime wedding dress. Something more summery ..less formal? I think it would work better.

LaRae

Well, since they're going to an evening party afterwards (without changing clothes, I presume), the dresses they wear have to be both daytime and evening dresses. So I don't think there's nothing wrong with the dress. Perhaps a bit more formal/evening than some other dresses, but it works.

LaRae

And if Victoria would have worn her hair down, the press would have written only about it. The main persons at this wedding are the happy couple - and Madeleine and Leonore as bridesmaid and flower girl. They should have the headlines and photos this time, not Victoria's hair.

At this photo we can see a glimpse of Victoria's hairdo.
https://f.cdn-expressen.se/images/f0/a2/f0a22d58b7784516aa498f0ea6259ccc/16x9/1264@60.jpg

Last edited:
Yes the dress seems very formal for a day, but that is pretty customary. Not just royal weddings in Sweden. Whenever we see the Swedish royals at a wedding, they seem to be in full gowns. Makes even more sense if there is no time to change before an evening reception. I would have been shocked if we saw her in something like what the guests at the British wedding wore. British weddings call for day dress and hats. Like Edward's wedding, Swedish weddings seem to call for more evening looks.

I love the dress. The color is very subtle, as not to draw attention. But there is beautiful detailing to it. Her hair looks lovely :flowers:

Missed a few looks it seems:

I really love the color and pattern of the dress she wore to the WWF event.

But the red suit was fantastic. Great color. Love the softer blouse with it :flowers:

The pink gown is absolutely stunning and elegant. Beautiful color.

Yes the dress seems very formal for a day, but that is pretty customary. Not just royal weddings in Sweden. Whenever we see the Swedish royals at a wedding, they seem to be in full gowns. Makes even more sense if there is no time to change before an evening reception. I would have been shocked if we saw her in something like what the guests at the British wedding wore. British weddings call for day dress and hats. Like Edward's wedding, Swedish weddings seem to call for more evening looks.

I love the dress. The color is very subtle, as not to draw attention. But there is beautiful detailing to it. Her hair looks lovely :flowers:

Missed a few looks it seems:

I really love the color and pattern of the dress she wore to the WWF event.

But the red suit was fantastic. Great color. Love the softer blouse with it :flowers:
Swedish weddings in general are afternoon to evening affairs who often end very late. Often the dress code ranges from suits, black tie (or a mix thereoff) to white tie. Regardless of dress code the ladies are most often in evening gowns all day.
My brother's wedding was dark suit & uniform (he's in the military) and the ladies wore either short cocktail dresses or long gowns. Since we'd all stayed overnight and had to get to the church by boat we were all dressed by noon. The wedding ended around 4 AM after a night barbecue at which time the bride and most female guests had ditched their shoes hours ago.

Do we know what time the wedding actually was? This time of year the sun doesn’t set until quite late, so it’s hard to tell if it’s afternoon or evening.

Do we know what time the wedding actually was? This time of year the sun doesn’t set until quite late, so it’s hard to tell if it’s afternoon or evening.
The wedding ceremony started around 16.00.

Late afternoon. So by the time the wedding was over, it was definitely headed into evening for the reception.
My guess is that the ceremony took about an hour followed by a drink, transportation (by boat) to the place of the dinner, more drinks to give the newlyweds time to get photographed... I doubt if dinner was earlier than 20.00.

Great outfit for Victoria, the pale pink dress is classy and my favourite of the wedding outfits.

Lovely girly dress that is good for romantic and fancy wedding. For me it gives Fadi El Khoury vibes. I also like her hairdo, with more volume on the top and well styled from the back.

Last edited:
Lovely pink dress on the Crown Princess one of her nicest looks and no doubt one of the best dressed at the wedding.

I think Victoria looked amazing. The gown was feminine without being fussy and the colour is definitely one she loves and fortunately suits her. She looks absolutely perfect for the occasion, not having to dress down so as not to become the focus. These are friends, generational friends and everyone is who they are.

I love Victoria's beautiful updo, with it's softer look around the face and more height. She just looks so natural and happy and that always makes her look beautiful.

Victoria in a white suit at the inauguration of a memorial to honor the 543 Swedish victims of the 2004 tsunami disaster in Thailand at Royal Djurgarden, Stockholm today, June 5:

** Full view ** Full view 2 ** Upper part **

Victoria looks really amazing. I think she is one of the few royal women who look really good in all white and wearing trouser suits. She seems to be changing the style of her official wardrobe and moving to a more personal look as opposed to professional.

Except for her hair (as usual) I love the look on her!

LaRae

She looks wonderful :flowers:

Letizia and Victoria are two of few women I find all white suite on attractive.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom