Crown Princess Victoria's Daytime Fashion Part 11: June 2016 - May 2017

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The white Ralph Lauren is excellent. The necklace pairs well with the dress although it's too big for me. Remove the shoulder loops and maybe the last chain on the edge. CP Victoria's hair ornament and updo are nice from the side/back. I wish her hair had more volume on top.
I don't mind her usual scraped-back-bun style for everyday events.

The dress is stunning but I dislike the necklace.

The white Ralph Lauren dress is very beautiful and nicely moving as she walks.
I think that it was right choice to add that necklace on her shoulders because without it she would have totally blended in with the white backround and carpet but now it added interesting twist to her dress.

I have to admit that I dislike her hairdo! From the front her hairdo looks pretty similar to that of Daniel's -- tightly slicked back and down. Victoria's hairdo works only from the side/back but from the front it looks too low and slicked back and not flattering at all (its good that she's not blonde or she could appear bald). I want something more different for a change! Have more volume on top!!! [Okay, sorry, my yammer over :p ]

But otherwise lovely look for Victoria.

Last edited:
I am surprised that I actually like her outfit, it is different but I think it works. Without the necklace I think Victoria would be in danger from disappearing into the backdrop in some of the photos or of looking like a bridesmaid. I am not a fan however of her earrings.
I quite agree (except for the earrings - the jury is still out on them). It seems that Victoria always uses the Polar Music Prize to push the envelope and try a little more 'cutting edge' to her entire ensemble and this year is no different in fact, it seems that that Sofia is following her lead.

I don't love the necklace but it worked. The dress is beautiful. Her hair and earrings were nice but the hair ornament was overkill

The necklace was just way too much! I agree that she needed something to make it outstanding, but the beautiful design of the the dress doesn't need that overkill. The slicked back hair didn't help... Victoria really needs to soften her look as it's way too harsh.

:previous: I agree, I also thought Victoria's necklace was a little too big. I loved her dress however, it was very stylish and elegant.

The necklace was just way too much! I agree that she needed something to make it outstanding, but the beautiful design of the the dress doesn't need that overkill. The slicked back hair didn't help... Victoria really needs to soften her look as it's way too harsh.

Agreed. The dress is beautiful; the necklace- and I really hesitate to call it that- was overkill. Too big. And too white. I'd have gone with a much simpler necklace with some color.

Agreed on the hair too. Softening her look would be nice. Madeline's hair is styled so beautifully in a way that suits her.

July 14:

1 2
The dress is very beautiful and elegant. She looks radiant.

Victoria's white dress first impression was a nurse outfit which had been dressed up with the belt and wedges.
I dont like the ruffle on her dress. The wedges look like something Letizia would wear. Hair do looks great.

The look was disappointing to me.

Victoria's white dress first impression was a nurse outfit which had been dressed up with the belt and wedges.
I dont like the ruffle on her dress. The wedges look like something Letizia would wear. Hair do looks great.

The dress is nothing special, and her hair is awful!
Her features are irregular and she needs a style that will soften and flatter, not something extremely severe.

Totally agree!!! Very disappointing!

Here are some pictures that show the dress to better advantage:

Swedish Royal Family Celebrates Crown Princess Victoria’s 39th Birthday

Especially love the one of Victoria and Estella strolling away. Estelle's posture and her steps exactly mimic her mother's!

I, too, sometimes wish that Victoria's hair was less severe- but when she wears it down, she looks a bit too glamourous- I think she prefers to appear businesslike.

I think that today Victoria looked lovely. I wasn't expecting anything glam or chic, as she usually wear rather casual or informal outfit on her birthday. I would say she makes a fine choice, as it results in being more approchable with people in Solliden.

The dress was just meh to me. And I totally dislike the shoes; they look so heavy and clunky to me. Her hair is the same old severe "do". I love her beaming smile and she radiates happiness!

That Oscar is just the best accessory. I am seeing a lot of his Mom in him and he clearly has a very kissable head. And a very cute Yawn! |-O
I think a white shirt-dress can be difficult out of doors in the summer because it photographs fairly flatly and styling details can get lost in the glare off the white.
The hair was normal, I thought.
The shoes made sense when I saw the belt - both a bit heavy, which is a trend, if not to all's taste. I thought it worked as holiday princess wear!

I thought she looked,great in the dress and shoes. Modern, approachable and elegant. Little oscar's looks are adorable

I thought she looked lovely. The dress wasn't exciting but for a simple courtyard event, didn't need to be. It was fresh, I even like the ruffle which gives some detail. The belt is a fantastic addition and while I don't like the wedge part, the shoes I love. Its the kind of dress I have come to expect from this type of event.

I still find it odd only her and her mother where the traditional dress at the concert. If anyone should be able to get out of it, its the birthday girl. She looks odd next to Maddie and Sofia in modern clothes.

I thought the same thing - when she was carrying Oscar, who covered her belt she looked like his nurse.

Dress is very simple and needs some accessories, I neither like the belt nor the shoes.

I liked Victoria's white dress. I only wish she had choosen different belt and shoes to go with it. That brown belt looked too heavy and those shoes were awful, so the overall look was kinda bulky and quite strange, but manly! Her hairdo didn't help either - its just too tight and severe with her features! She needs softer hairstyles!
Not the worst look by her but not the best either (I liked her last year's look much better). https://www.google.ee/url?sa=t&rct=...OkOnHnqaG1pjlP5RbNjb7Q&bvm=bv.127178174,d.bGs

The dress is beautiful and summery and just the right choice to an event with meeting people at a courtyard on a sunny summer day. The belt and shoes were a great choice, their different style gives edge to the dress's romantic style. And wedges are a good choice to walking at a grass. Victoria's hairdo was gorgeous, like always, the bun was so beautiful. Victoria's hairstyle is just the right for her, it looks so good on her.
And it's also good that she recycled this dress from the National Day photos.

Last edited:
I loved the dress, simple yet summery, highlights with the belt and shoes. Perfect for the occasion!
Bye Bine

a sweet anecdote: estelle and oscar's nanny was seen today wearing a dress which was previously worn by victoria. whether they both have the same dress, we don't know, but we can speculate that it is likely that victoria lent her nanny her dress - i thought this was sweet and showed victoria's approachable demeanor and humbleness.

Estelles barnflicka bar kronprinsessans klänning | Kungliga modebloggen

victoria wearing the dress
Yes I believe that Victoria is a very warm and generous natured woman and it's moments like these when we see evidence of our "assumptions". We have even seen her beautiful evening gowns on both family and friends.

. . . . . I think a white shirt-dress can be difficult out of doors in the summer because it photographs fairly flatly and styling details can get lost in the glare off the white.
The hair was normal, I thought.
The shoes made sense when I saw the belt - both a bit heavy, which is a trend, if not to all's taste. I thought it worked as holiday princess wear!
You nailed it. It is essentially summer holidays and her dress was perfectly lovely and feminine although the jury is still out on the belt. Her shoes, while not a favourite of mine, are actually pretty sensible for gravel and grass and pick up the theme of her belt.

As to Victoria's hair, well it was quintessentially Victoria and I thought the low bun was very flattering. Victoria has never been one for masses of loose hair and when it's down it's lovely and flattering. But who's going to take a chance on the wind coming up causing a mess or the absolute certaintly that Oscar would make short work of any 'loose curls' around her face let alone totally loose.

a sweet anecdote: estelle and oscar's nanny was seen today wearing a dress which was previously worn by victoria. whether they both have the same dress, we don't know, but we can speculate that it is likely that victoria lent her nanny her dress - i thought this was sweet and showed victoria's approachable demeanor and humbleness.

Estelles barnflicka bar kronprinsessans klänning | Kungliga modebloggen

victoria wearing the dress

The dress is much shorter on Adeline than on Victoria. And the slip is much shorter than on Victoria's dress. It doesn't look like Victoria's dress at all, although it is similar.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom