Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 7: March - December 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I read on line today that the King will not give his permission for Victoria and Daniel's engagement because of the future of the monarchy. The King married a commoner so why won't he give his daughter permission to marry one? Also, if his son was the crown prince, would he allow him to marry his commoner girlfriend? I'm from the U.S. If anyone from Sweden can fill me in I would appreciate it.

I just noticed from the recent photos that Princess Victoria wears her watch on her right wrist. Does she write with her left hand? I don't think I have ever seen a photo of her signing a guest book.

-Ayvee

I just noticed from the recent photos that Princess Victoria wears her watch on her right wrist. Does she write with her left hand? I don't think I have ever seen a photo of her signing a guest book.

-Ayvee
She is right handed. Many of us wear the watch on our right hand - just seems so much more practical than the left even if we are right handed.

Any news or pictures with Daniel? We have not seen much of him this summer and it does not look like Victoria went on any sort of vacation in the South of France or anywhere else.

ah it's great to see her at the paralympics!!!!

thanks!!

Crown princess Victoria gave an interview to Expressen´s Kvällsposten in Beijing.
Kvällsposten/"Det är orättvist mot pappa"
At the interview Victoria was asked about that some commentators have recently also directed criticism against the king, that he is trying to prevent the engagement between Victoria and Daniel. Victoria said that it is a pity. It has become the wrong focus. Many speculations have been written as a fact. It is unfair to her father, in fact. Victoria said that she understands that people are interested in this, but she also hopes that the people will rely on her judgement on this matter.
Victoria was also asked about that Daniel now lives officially in Drottningholm Palace estate. How long it took persuasion? Victoria said that this interview would not be about him, although she must say that he is a very nice person.
Victoria also told that she had bought from Beijing a birthday present to her mother´s birthday, sort of a silly little souvenir, more like an inside joke. She said that she has one of her adjutants, Helena Sigurdsson, with her in Beijing now that Elisabeth Tarras-Wahlberg has left the court.
Victoria will have a course in peace and conflict resolution with professor Peter Wallensteen in Uppsala. She told also that she is looking forward to her first, long trip to India in October.

Swedish Crown Princess Victoria awards medals to Nick Scandone and Maureen Mckinnon Tucker
The official site of the Paralympic Games

LadyFinn, thanks for the links from Beijing and the translation of the Interview. It's nice to hear that the crown princess has a good time during her visit in China.

But it's pitty we see no more pictures from Victoria outside the games. By the Interview she wear a beautiful blouse, but by which event (only for the pressmeeting!)?

Victoria is so funny!
"När vi träffades för tre år sedan, så kom ämnet förlovning på tal. Då var svaret, vänta och se. Nu har det har det gått tre år...
- Är du orolig att de inte vill ha mig, haha. Har du någon kines som du vill förlova bort mig med?"
LOL
But her choice of words suggests there will be wedding and it will definitely be with Daniel. Or am I missinterpreting this?

Victoria is so funny!
"När vi träffades för tre år sedan, så kom ämnet förlovning på tal. Då var svaret, vänta och se. Nu har det har det gått tre år...
- Är du orolig att de inte vill ha mig, haha. Har du någon kines som du vill förlova bort mig med?"
LOL
But her choice of words suggests there will be wedding and it will definitely be with Daniel. Or am I missinterpreting this?

Well, out of experienced experience I must say, that "reading out of the Royal family´s and Mr. Westling´s words" is no form of science. I guess they have already forgotten, what they had actually said or wanted to say about 10min after the interview, while we would still guess weeks after ;)

But yes...all together it sounds, as if there could be...maybe...under certain circumstances...perhaps...an engagement in the closer future (6m)

Crown Princess Victoria during a visit to the so called "White Buses" in Uppsala, Sweden, September 17, 2008. The visit marked the 60th anniversary of the death of Count Folke Bernadotte who saved many prisoners (mostly Scandinavia Jews) from the Nazi death camps during the end of WWII. At right veterans from the"White Buses" Axel Molin, Nelly Nilsen Langholm, Salle Fischerman och Carl Emil Petersen.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
She looks very lovely today.

Crown princess Victoria about the paralympics:
Xinhuanet/Swedish princess praises Games

I love her dress! it's very elegant!!

This is a lovely Princess who takes her role very seriously and does it in such a gracious manner.

This is a lovely Princess who takes her role very seriously and does it in such a gracious manner.
I totally agree with you!!! she's always happy to do what she does! she's a really good ambassador for her country!

Yesterday evening the crown princess attend the 100years celebration "Sveriges Kommuner och Landstings" in cityhall of Stockholm.

Thanks LadyFinn - for the link of the two pics from the event. The crown princess looks beautiful with her open hair!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom