Crown Princess Victoria, Current Events Part 7: March - December 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
On 7th May 2008 the crown princess attend years celebration friends of Nordisk and Skansen Museum and 8th May 2008 she attend Globe Forum at Stadshuset!

ruthieviews

I'm curious. Who is the man with the yellow tie sitting next to CP Victoria in the first picture? They seem to be enjoying the conversation. She doesn't usually sit this close to someone unless she knows them.

Ålandtalk

Did you read the Ålandstidningen-bloggpost from 12.32? Jenny Alexandersson from Svensk Damtidning talks:

Ålandstidningen följer kronprinsessan Victorias dag - Ålandstidningen

Klockan 12:32 Jenny Alexandersson från Svensk Damtidning berättar: Victoria bor officiellt ensam i Sjöflygeln, två rum o kök, på Drottningholms slott. Men Daniel Westling är där mest hela tiden. Han är helt accepterad av kungen o drottningen.

Last edited:
My Swedish isn't what it used to be.. could anybody translate the headline?

From finnish magazines:
Iltalehti/Säteilevä Victoria ihastuttaa Ahvenanmaalla/Radiant Victoria charms in Åland
Iltalehti tells, that there was a funny moment at a high school, when the a girl and a boy, who came to give gifts to Victoria, were absolutely stunned. The boy hugged the crown princess spontaneously and gave her a kiss on the cheek. Victoria smiled to this surprising moment of tenderness. She said: This is a lovely school and I´m sure that it is very nice to have looong lessons here. I´m so glad that I can now visit Åland. I have wanted to come here for a long time.
Iltasanomat/Hyväntuulinen Victoria hurmasi Ahvenanmaalla/Cheerful Victoria charmed in Åland
Helsingin Sanomat/Victoria kiersi Ahvenanmaata koleassa säässä/Victoria visited Åland at a chilly weather

Crown Princess Victoria receives flowers (Primula veris) from Emma, Meja and Cassandra in the city of Mariehamn the capital of Aland. Crown Princess Victoria made a one day official visit to Aland which is an Aland is an autonomous and unilingual Swedish region in Finland.
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria with a medieval guardsman in in the city of Mariehamn,
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria with the Chairman of the Aland Parliamen, Mr Roger Nordlund.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria during a vist to a local school in the city of Mariehamn
ANP Beeldbank
Victoria hugs the Aland born children Victor, left and his sister Olivia during the welcomes ceremony of her official one-day visit to the city of Mariehamn.
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Last edited:
I always knew CP Victoria is a great person with warm heart. I can imagine the situation and her reaction to boy's hug. :wub:

LadyFinn, thanks for the story.

It's nice to see shift dresses, or a variation thereof (Globe Award event) making a comeback. Princess Diana always looked so great in them, and now CP Victoria looks youthful, simple and elegant. It is a great choice, and I like the short sleeves. Then she does not need a jacket or shawl to cover her arms and it can have the formality needed for the event. She has such a nice figure, slim and feminine (just as Princess Diana did), and always looks so spontaneous in her reactions. That type of personality would have been called Mediterranean, and she is Swedish ! Go figure !

Last edited:
Is it just me or did she cut her hair. The ponytail looks shorter. Anyway I liked it with the side swept bangs.

Thanks for sharing that anecdote LadyFinn!

Victoria looks lovely IMO, not so much by the clothes but she simply seems to glow, like here.

Here´s the young man, who hugged Victoria:
Iltalehti
This young man, August, laughed that he is now treated like a hero. Not every young man can hug a real princess.
Helsingin Sanomat/Video - Victoria at the castle of Kastelholma

Photo gallery/Svenska Dagbladet

Ålands lyseum photo gallery/Victoria at the High school

The visit of the crown princess was a real success. She was so nice, spoke so kindly with those little children, who gave her flowers (and there were a lot of children giving flowers). I saw it on the finnish news.

Information of Victoria´s visit, in swedish and english:
Svensk Damtidning/Jenny Alexandersson´s blog

Photos:
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank
ANP Beeldbank

Photo/Hufvudstadsbladet
Photo/Hufvudstadsbladet
Photo/Hufvudstadsbladet
Photo/Hufvudstadsbladet

Last edited:
Waouh she's great!!!

I hope she'll have a baby soon! she will be a very good mother!

Considering the Stromsholm Palace is called a palace, does anybody know which royal lived there and when? I can' t recall ever 'hearing' about the palace before.

It was built (or ordered built :whistling:) by the Queen Hedvig Eleonora Hedvig Eleonora of Holstein-Gottorp - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia, and later given as a wedding gift to Gustav III and Sofia Magdalena by Riksdagen.

King Gustav Vasa ordered around 1550 the building of the Palace. Much of that Palace was demolished around 1660. Strömsholm at that time was part of the appanage of the Queen Dowager, Hedvig Eleonora, and it was "on her orders" that the old Palace was pulled down and a new Palace "began to be built".

The Palace was mainly completed as the architect Nikodemus Tessin the Elder had intended, but work on the interiors came to a standstill. In 1741 the architect Carl Hårleman completed the chapel.

In 1766 the heir to the Swedish throne, Gustav - the future Gustav III - married Princess Sofia Magdalena of Denmark and the Riksdag presented her with Strömsholm as a wedding present.

Strömsholm was never a permanent royal residence. It was used for royal accommondation on journeys to the south of Sweden.

More Information:History - Kungahuset [NS4 version]

I visited Strömsholm Slott in Summer 2006. What I mainly remember is the well cultivated park and the chapel "on the top" of the Palace which is used often for weddings.

Last edited:
Thanks for the link! I loved specially the pretty little dresses...Time flies and goes away. :rolleyes::flowers: There's something bittersweet about it...

Vanesa.

Nice to see so much links from Victoria, she is very busy,thanks.

Nice photos. I like the way her hair is off her face but framing her face. Very simple white sheath speaks volumes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom