Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 2: March 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm not sure, if this look indeed isn't a bit too girlish... Though I like the hairstyle, together with the dress its a bit too much. The dress itself has a wonderful colour, which suits Mette perfectly. The tights are too dark and ruin the look for me. However, Mette looked lovely, very happy and relaxed. :flowers:

I love the dress, the hairdo is also pretty, but the tights look awful, especially with those shoes.

Nov 19, 2009 - MM in a grey dress with an elastic band under her bust. The dress color looks really nice on MM, the style and cut do nothing for her body shape but it doesnt look bad at all. The hair is lovely done so is the make up.
The really dark tights dont work for me.

Full View ** Close Up

I love the outfit, she looks very nice. :flowers:

She looks lovely.
In this grey dress she reminds me the ice princess.

I think she looks wonderful and fresh. And thank goodness she's not wearing all
black!

Nov 19, 2009 - MM in a grey dress with an elastic band under her bust. The dress color looks really nice on MM, the style and cut do nothing for her body shape but it doesnt look bad at all. The hair is lovely done so is the make up.
The really dark tights dont work for me.

Full View ** Close Up

I couldn't agree more. MM has a great deal of potential but she continues to come up short. She's rather thick through the waist so shouldn't wear anything high cut ... looks liker her boobs are hanging and don't have any support. The dress would have looked better if she hadn't worn those horrible black tights that she seems to favor. :bang:

I liked the silver/grey metalic flame stitch fabric on CP Mette-Marit, and was so delighted that she chose NOT to wear black for once! Most of the other Royals chose very dark ensambles, which I did not like.

The Braid in her hair looked juvenille, IMO, but that may be a cultural thing in the Scandanivan Countries for formal evenings that I am unaware of?

Another horrible outfit. Does she has this grey dress from her grandmother. And again these horrible black stockings. Who ever is selling her these kind of clothes must really hate her.

A woman who is reprensting a country should take care at first about her apprearance and especially clothes. MM seems to be a nice person, but by representing her country she always has this " country-miss" appearance to me.

When this woman will finally look for a fashion stylist.
Also if you have some pounds more one can cloth very tastefully. At this event even 20 year old Maria-Therersia (who is also not a slim woman) looked better than MM.

First of all she should rid of her usual belts and that black stocking. Wearing more colourful and not "Grandmother style" clothers. Hair shorter and the use of some make up.

Also if you are not born in royal circles one can learn some important things when you are reprensting a county. All other crownprincesses have made great effort. Unfortunately Mette Marit decided that the first impresion and the arise you have from her is: Peasent Woman.

At this event you have see it cleary, especially when MM and Mary had been pictured together. Mary has style, glamour and taste. All this is what I a missing at Mette Marit.

Another horrible outfit. Does she has this grey dress from her grandmother. And again these horrible black stockings. Who ever is selling her these kind of clothes must really hate her.

A woman who is reprensting a country should take care at first about her apprearance and especially clothes. MM seems to be a nice person, but by representing her country she always has this " country-miss" appearance to me.

When this woman will finally look for a fashion stylist.
Also if you have some pounds more one can cloth very tastefully. At this event even 20 year old Maria-Therersia (who is also not a slim woman) looked better than MM.

First of all she should rid of her usual belts and that black stocking. Wearing more colourful and not "Grandmother style" clothers. Hair shorter and the use of some make up.
Also if you are not born in royal circles one can learn some important things when you are reprensting a county. All other crownprincesses have made great effort. Unfortunately Mette Marit decided that the first impresion and the arise you have from her is: Peasent Woman.
At this event you have see it cleary, especially when MM and Mary had been pictured together. Mary has style, glamour and taste. All this is what I a missing at Mette Marit.

You repeat yourself on the various threads! This is a complete wast of space! You have stated your points again and again. Please leave it to that!

Patricia1966, your repetitive criticism of Mette-Marit is all over this forum indeed - just how many times will you repeat the 'Peasant Woman' expression under different topics here?
I find this redundant rant rather annoying.

Actually, I don't happen to be a fan of Mette-Marit's very individual style at all - but I always appreciate it as such when a person does find an individual style of his/her own. Too many just follow the fashion flow, while MM's look is unmistakably hers.
The worst thing about it is her liking for the omnipresent black stockings, which too often look like leggings.
They do not look too good here either, but her cocktail dress itself is very nice, in an interesting fabric with beautiful detailing, and with a very good color for her.

I even do like the black stockings, with normal stockings, the whole outfit would not be as interesting as it is now.

First of all, I think Patricia1966 is entitled to her opinion like we are all are. It may get boring if you're not sharing the same opinion, but you could say the same about other posters who perhaps don't forget to mention all the time, how they love one Royal's style.

However, I too like Mette's individual style, I always prefer that more than the style of people who just follow the fashion flow, as Boris said it so well.
I'm a fan of glam and aplomb in fashion and I don't think Mette-Marit really has that. But otherwise I just like Mette for her natural, uncomplicated look. :flowers: Only her black period hopefully will find an end now.

Honestly all the CP's can wear pajamas to an event and I won't care b/c they represents her country so well! So what if MM doesn't have Mary's style or Diana's, Caroline's and Grace's? She has her own sense of fashion and feels good about it. Part of being a fashionable woman is being comfortable in your own skin and confidence which she has.

gorgeous gray gown tonight with ringlets in her hair.

Honestly all the CP's can wear pajamas to an event and I won't care b/c they represents her country so well! So what if MM doesn't have Mary's style or Diana's, Caroline's and Grace's? She has her own sense of fashion and feels good about it. Part of being a fashionable woman is being comfortable in your own skin and confidence which she has.

I agree with you! :flowers: It would be so boring if the CP's all had the same style. ;)

I love this blue gown. I could've done without the frilly straps (it makes it too much going on) but it's still a gorgeous gown.

When looking at this gown in these pictures, I don't like it at all.

I watched her live on tv earlier tonight, and when she was moving the dress was beautiful. She was beautiful.

The back view of it as I saw it on tv was interresting. It looked too old fashioned for someone at CP Mette-Marits age.

I have a hard time to decide if I like it or not. It is a good thing that it is in a bright color. I think it is the ruffles on the skirt that bothers me, and that I think that a front view and a back view to me seems like it is two different dresses. The ruffles wasn't that obvious in the back of it when I saw a back or sideview of it.

I hope to see more pictures of it soon.

MM looks stunning!!! The color looks so beautiful on her!

I wonder if this is a Valentino gown? Anyone know?

I love everything ! This dress is a real dream come true for me !

I am disappointed with Crown Princess Mette-Marit's gala dress. There was something incredibly refined in her choice of soft blue colour. However, the overembellishment (a ruffly neckline and draping on each side) absolutely spoilt this look for me. A sleek updo would have suited her busy ensemble much better.

I love the dress! :kiss: The colour is gorgeous on MM.
It would be great to see this dress with a tiara.
This dress is really... well, "princessy". ;)

http://www.nettavisen.no/imagecache...archive/00744/Kronprinsesse_Met_7445533x4.jpg
Bildeserier
http://i45.tinypic.com/315fvat.jpganp

Dress is by Valentino Resort 2009

The dress is a stunning piece, the color and all the detailing going on in the cut. It is a very flattering dress and I thought the embroidery was just perfect, nothing too much.
One of her best looks.

First off, let me start by saying how much I love the color. Its a nice refreshing shade of Blue. But, I am on the fence about the dress itself. I think the concept was wonderful but somehow the execution fell short of a complete WOW!

I really liked the detailing around the v-neckline but the ruffles just don't do it for me. The hair was nice but I agree an updo would have had a more stunning effect. Mrs. Obama actually impressed me more in the hair department.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom