Crown Princess Mette-Marit's Eveningwear Part 2: March 2009 - July 2010

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
MM is one of those who has always come up with good quality and suitable evening gowns and this one is no exception. She might be a poor daytime dresser but MM's evening wear usually hits the mark.

Mette-Marit looks gorgeous. :queen:
I love the gown (although I’d prefer it without the belt-like extension) and her harstyle. The amethyst parure goes nicely with the ensemble.
The natural make up finishes the overall perfect look. :)

Last edited:
I love this gown, the colour looks great on Mette Marit :flowers:
Jewels and hairdo are amazing. She looks perfect.

This is a great look - hope she'll wear the dress in future.
This is color that usually makes a woman pale even if she has not a pale skin. But this time it worked perfectly for CP Mette-Marit.

I like the Prada clutch also - but she uses it almost with every evening gown :ermm:

The colors were even more beautiful on a tv screen. CP Mette-Marit look wonderful! I'm not one of those who ripp out my hair over the CP wearing a lot of dark colours, but I'm happy this dress was in soft and light colors. It goes well with her skintone. The cut on the dress is wonderful to her body shape. :flowers:

Really nice dress and the color was great for CP Mette-Marit. Dress is elegant, and cut well for her. Perfect with the amethysts.

The colors were even more beautiful on a tv screen. CP Mette-Marit look wonderful! I'm not one of those who ripp out my hair over the CP wearing a lot of dark colours, but I'm happy this dress was in soft and light colors. It goes well with her skintone. The cut on the dress is wonderful to her body shape. :flowers:

Couldn't have said it better. :flowers: I really adore these colours on Mette.

This is one of the loveliest evening gowns I have ever seen Mette-Marit wear. The soft colors and the draping style look so beautiful with her skin and body type. I am not crazy about the ringlets in her hair (they remind me of a little girl), but her dress and jewelry are gorgeous.

IMO she has done a "letizia" and had a re-make done of her lovliest gown ever, the one shoulder greecian style gown she wore for the concert for King Haralds birthday.

http://img264.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91766_12b_122_387lo.jpg
http://img157.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91770_12_122_394lo.jpg
http://img190.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=92105_69_122_753lo.jpg
the color, the fabric, the flowing and style of the skirt and the way it is made is the same, it looks like they have made a more modest top of the excess fabic she was carrying over the arm in the first picture and put the white sash aorund the waist, maybe to disqusie some of the work that needed to be done.

Yes indeed, I think you might be correct.
I don't share the view of most others who seem to find this 'new' dress remarkable - it's good to hear that it had a nice fluidity to it when seen in live footage, but there's nothing special about it, while the 'Grecian' dress was simply great.
If Mette-Marit performed the same kind of massacre with this dress as Letizia did when she slaughtered her beautiful silver gown, then a perfectly beautiful design was turned into a perfectly ordinary one, and that's a sin.

IMO she has done a "letizia" and had a re-make done of her lovliest gown ever, the one shoulder greecian style gown she wore for the concert for King Haralds birthday.

http://img264.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91766_12b_122_387lo.jpg
http://img157.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=91770_12_122_394lo.jpg
http://img190.imagevenue.com/img.php?image=92105_69_122_753lo.jpg
the color, the fabric, the flowing and style of the skirt and the way it is made is the same, it looks like they have made a more modest top of the excess fabic she was carrying over the arm in the first picture and put the white sash aorund the waist, maybe to disqusie some of the work that needed to be done.

Well,I hope this "scenario" isn't true, simply because both gowns are gorgeous! :flowers:

The dress is pretty, it has small stones on the neckline which arent to flashy. The coat over it looks nice and the length is okay. The overall is ruined by the stockings and the black necklace/piece under the white dress which is covering her top part.
Hair and make up are really nicely done.

What I don't understand is that she has super legs so why the thick hosiery for an elegant evening occasion?

This is one of MM's typical minimalistic looks. I really liked it this time. You can never go wrong with black & white I guess. She looks beautiful!

I really wasnt a fan of this look. Much preferred Q Sonja's outfit at Mama Mia! Guess Im in the minority. Crown Princess M-M is so tall, I always forget that about her.

I quite like it and I like it better than Sonja's outfit. I'm not so sure if I like the cut of her jacket but the overall look is okay.

I think that I would have liked the MammaMia outfit better is she had a high wasted black belt on. The dress looks a little "poofy" and the belt would have helped with that. Other than that, I think it's good, the tights actually work with this outfit.

Nov 19, 2009 - MM in a grey dress with an elastic band under her bust. The dress color looks really nice on MM, the style and cut do nothing for her body shape but it doesnt look bad at all. The hair is lovely done so is the make up.
The really dark tights dont work for me.

Full View ** Close Up

The dress is actually quite lovely (and not black) but the tights spoil the look. Wish she had something lighter on, like Mary's.
Great hairstyle and make up.

colour looks great on her , but I agree too , that lighter tights would of been better .

I thought the hair and dress were a little girlish. Color was great on her perfect skin.I agree with the tights..too dark. Her hair during the day was pretty.

I adore the color and the dress. Too bad about the tights! One thing that I have to comment on, is what a blond beauty MM is. Simply stunning, cheek bones, hair, eyes, all a wonderful package. I have often looked at some of her pictures and thought that with that face she could rival any top model out there these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom