Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 9: Sept 2012 - May 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for that Sun Lion and Dazzling. It is a lovely gown and I always look at the background of photos. I am especially interested to see how the rooms in her new palace turned out with furniture in them. Seems they have a mix of old and new pieces.

:previous: Thanks Polyesco,

Why on earth have we first got these pictures now? And they're even in galla and uniform and look splendid. I wondered why we hadn't got pictures Saturday night, but thought that there probably hadn't been any press access as there stood in the royal calendar.

Anyway, better late than never. Thanks.

:previous: Thanks Polyesco,

Why on earth have we first got these pictures now? And they're even in galla and uniform and look splendid. I wondered why we hadn't got pictures Saturday night, but thought that there probably hadn't been any press access as there stood in the royal calendar.

Anyway, better late than never. Thanks.

agree. its frustrating.
but hey, a picture of Frederik in uniform can never be passed on, no matter how late it is ;)

Mary looks wonderful

I was beginning to think we would never get any photos from this event. Many Thanks Polyesco for the links. Mary is wearing a gown worn at least twice before, but a very long time ago.

agree. its frustrating.
but hey, a picture of Frederik in uniform can never be passed on, no matter how late it is ;)

Mary looks wonderful

Frederik is wearing the mess uniform of the navy.

Summary of article in Billed Bladet #12, 2015.
Written by Trine Larsen.

Last Saturday M&F were the guests of honor at the cadets ball at the naval academy.
The naval academy is 314 years old and as such the oldest naval academy in the world. (You may recall that the Danish navy is 500 years old).
The 80 cadets go through a 4½ or 5½ years education, depending on the line the choose.

Wearing a strapless gown from Heartmade and with Frederik by her side, this was the second time Mary and Frederik had attended this ball together.
There were 235 guests, some of them foreign military attaches. (But more on that in a later post).

After the dinner les lancier was danced. (A kind of menuet, and despite the French sounding name, it's actually a Danish dance). The party ended officially at 01.00, but M&F went round 23.30.

Last edited by a moderator:
Then rejoice my dear Polyesco :) Here is more of Frederik in his mess uniform:
https://app.box.com/s/lik3i40xayo1v8soxp9esqias35q5yab
Now this is for uniform nerds like me. Notice that the British and American military attaches were invited as well. Being military attaches they are considered a kind of foreign aide-de-camps and as such wear a variant of the adjutants cord around their left shoulder.
But the head of QMII's staff of adjutants was there too and being adjutant for a head of state or as in this case the royal family, he wears his adjutants cord around his right shoulder.

https://app.box.com/s/sxcjweihiddzt4zf70r1jd0jet5z6shr

Tonight, actually right now, our beautiful Crown Princely Couple participate in gala celebration at Hotel d'Angleterre on the occasion of the hotel's 260 year anniversary,
Copenhagen:

Many people have showed up and BB tells F&M took good time to both the professional photographers as well as for the many tourists who took pictures with their mobile phones.

First glimpse:
https://fbcdn-sphotos-d-a.akamaihd...._=1440575069_6e392fd980ef521118541947850c7b81
http://imageshack.dk/imagesfree/Jjm90146.jpg

BB article:
http://www.billedbladet.dk/kongelig...g-kronprins-frederik-til-fest-paa-dangleterre

Last edited:

Speculative posts have been removed - thanks for your understanding!

i like her dress, although i am surprised it dates from 2013 - has mary worn this before or has it been sitting in her closet all this time for a good time to wear it?

It has not been seen in public but could have been worn to a private event.
I would think she has many opportunities to were a gown like that.

Looks like we only get pictures of their arrival.

It has been some hectic last weeks and weekends for F&M, I think today Sunday will be a real 'we are going to doing absolutely nothing Sunday' for the Crown Prince family.

With alll this rain over Copenhagen today it also calls for homely comfort. I already miss the spring weather ;)

It's great seeing them together at an evening event. Mary looks great in black though I am not a big fan of the dress.

A nice little Royalista article: Mary and Frederik shine at Hotel d’Angleterre gala | Royalista

Observe how Frederik keeps his hand dry by putting it in his pocket. :p

Hotel D'Angleterre is considered the most posh hotel in Copenhagen.
One naturally stays there when one is visiting Copenhagen, especially if one wish to be let it known publicly that one is in Copenhagen incognito...
There is some affiliation between the hotel and the DRF, apart from being an institution in its own right. Each time the DRF ride a carriage the route always takes them past Hotel D'Angleterre, and each time the DRF are presented with flowers. That also happened when QMII turned 75 and it happened IRRC when M&F got married.

Last edited:

Thank you. :flowers:

Isn't that delightful? :) Observe and admire how Joachim interacts with the younger generation and how he by skillfully placing his hand in his pocket seem less awesome to those he talks to.
That is style! :cool: - It's what a true gentleman do.

(When you come up with a reply, write it on a Christmas card :p)

Last edited:
Isn't that delightful? :) Observe and admire how Joachim interacts with the younger generation and how he by skillfully placing his hand in his pocket seem less awesome to those he talks to.
That is style! :cool: - It's what a true gentleman do.
Where in those 2 pics can you see "interaction"?
And Joachim isn't a gentleman, hands in the pocket or not.:cool:

Where in those 2 pics can you see "interaction"?
And Joachim isn't a gentleman, hands in the pocket or not.:cool:

Eh, Ricarda :)
You do realize this is a part of an ongoing banter? :p
Having said that, you are more than welcome to join in. The more the merrier. :D

Banter is IMO better and more fun than "my favorite royal is better than your favorite royal" arguments. ;)

- However, if your post was meant as a jest, here is the perfectly rational explanation: If you look at the faces of the students they are clearly in awe. :eek: Being in the presence of a true well attired gentleman does that to you. It's no doubt a revelation for them. They now have a new aim in life: Aspiring to be a gentleman like Joachim. :cool:

Joachim is certainly well dressed. He could give Prince Charles some serious competition in that area, except for the occasional ''unusual'' dinner jacket, that is.

The hand-in-pocket thing must run in the family. :)

Thanks for all the added pictures :flowers: They are a beautiful couple together.

Last edited:
Last edited:
Summary of article in Billed Bladet #18, 2015.

Wearing a dress by Ole Yde, Mary and Frederik went to the 260th anniversary of the posh Hotel D'Angleterre. Out to greet them was the chairman of the board (of the hotel management) Else Marie Rammen, who acted as host at the party.
Despite rain quite a lot of people had shown up at the hotel and when M&F arrived they were cheered.

180 guests were present. As far as I can tell from pics and captions in the article it wasn't the usual circle of people M&F see. In fact it seems no one from M&F's circle of friends were present. Not that I know of that is.

The party ended around 02.00.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom