Crown Prince Frederik and Crown Princess Mary, Current Events 7: Nov. 2007-Nov. 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Mary is aging fast and she's wearing a lot of makeup.

Looks like he started colouring his hair

Mary wearing a lot of makeup and Fred colouring his hair.............:confused:

Well looking at the pictures and video it looks as if Fred to has begone to wear makeup:rolleyes:.

As I don't think he has - I think the explanation is that the event took place in a cinema. The light in cinemaes are shadowy which make photoes turn out with strong contrasts between colours and strong contrasts between illuminated and dark areas.

I have to agree when you say "Mary is aging fast", I think if we see the other pictures of her wearing the dress we can see a mucht younger Mary:ermm:

I guess I have to disagree. 4 years ago she looked like a fresh young girl ... not anymore. Mary is aging fast and she's wearing a lot of makeup. I have given up on the idea that Fred might be wearing a fitting suit one day ... it's not meant to be I guess. Looks like he started colouring his hair or have the grey areas disappeared during the holiday?

I personally like the dress very much and for all who want to see the difference between Sept 2008 and Sept 2004 here we go:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Thank you for the link. The commentary about aging fast: I thought so as well but realised that she probably feels the burdens of her situation more and more, while having to raise two small kids is a situation in which most mothers feel older than their age, even if she is only working half-time. It's a bit like queen Silvia who lost a lot of her sparkle as well when the kids were small but regained it once her childraising times were over.

But yes, in 2004 she looked much more carefree than she does today.

Duke of Marmalade: I agree with you.. I don't even think I've ever seen Mary without make-up..

Although it is Hugo Boss it's not my favourite dress at all. Those graphic flowers remind me too much of 70ties wallpaper or tablecloth..

Great pictures. Its always good to see the two at events like this. Fred's suit looks tight/size too small & Mary looks tired/pale. Loved her hair-do & the dress.

Two pictures and a picture of the couple from the royals blog

:eek: Too tight is right. Poor guy. As for the movie, hopefully the movie will come to the Arclight movie house in the future because I would like to see it.

Mary and Frederick's appearance

Does anyone know when they returned from Australia.? Maybe they are both very tired and suffering from the effects of jet-lag, and the effects of a lot of travelling in Australia, not to mention the strain of the press pack in pursuit.
Now they are on the verge of a very formal and exacting visit to Bulgaria.
I really think they both look great, and I too am glad to see the dress again. I don't recall many photographs being published at the time..

Taree

Just Me!

This is my first post. I have always loved the black shoes that Mary wore in the 2004 photos and I have to say that black shoes look much nicer with the dress. The grey shoes tend to die out in the photo and the dress pattern overpowers the shoes.

Mary is so beautiful. I love this dress so much.

i don't mind that mary never leaves home without make-up. she looks pretty and adequate like a princess should look.

Duke of Marmalade: I agree with you.. I don't even think I've ever seen Mary without make-up..
What kind of comment is this?!?
You'll never spot me outside my house without make-up, not to mention a party, a visit to cinema, at work etc. etc., and I'm not a crownprincess, no photographer waiting for me to take my picture

I completely agree with you Jinigirl! I would never leave my house without make-up, and I am a nobody.

:eek: Too tight is right. Poor guy. As for the movie, hopefully the movie will come to the Arclight movie house in the future because I would like to see it.
Just back from the in -laws spoiling him with homecooking:ROFLMAO:

I guess I have to disagree. 4 years ago she looked like a fresh young girl ... not anymore. Mary is aging fast and she's wearing a lot of makeup. I have given up on the idea that Fred might be wearing a fitting suit one day ... it's not meant to be I guess. Looks like he started colouring his hair or have the grey areas disappeared during the holiday?

I personally like the dress very much and for all who want to see the difference between Sept 2008 and Sept 2004 here we go:

Getty Images - Unsupported browser detected#

Mary is aging fast? True, there are a few laugh lines around the eyes, and her face is filled out a little, but I'd hardly call that aging fast.

And by all means, disagree. It's my own and professional opinion, that Mary is now better fitted to the dress than she was in 2004. Motherhood has done her justice and from every HQ photograph of the Crown Princess I've seen, she looks every bit the 36 years "old".

We can't expect her to look 32, because she isn't.

I think that one of the major diffferences also is that in 2004 she was married less than a year and finding her feet in a new role (Princess), new country, media spotlight etc.
She now looks far more 'at home' in the role, probably is more comfortable etc

And also, as Madame Royale pointed out, she is now a mother and I'm not saying that I think motherhood has aged her, but I do think that there are differences in her face between now and then.

Ithink it is unreasonable to compare her with how she looked in 2004, I don't look as I did in 2004, do you?

With two children and a few years of course she has added a bit of weight. But she really hasn't packed on anything significant. She still fits into the dress!!!! She is thin. And after two kids! She prob has a bit of a bump in the middle. It's hard to get rid of that fat completely. Her face is a bit fuller. For women this is a normal part of aging.

She has no more wrinkles then when she was married. But she takes care of her skin. I don't have anymore wrinkles than 4 years ago either. Her makeup is actually a lot lighter than in the very beginning. Also remember when you are photographed you usually always wear heavy makeup or you look washed out. If you look at her press conference in China she is wearing very little makeup.

Ithink it is unreasonable to compare her with how she looked in 2004, I don't look as I did in 2004, do you?

I think it is only unreasonable if you dont expect changes ;)
But for what its worth, I think that any changes are favourable. :)

I know it's been a while, but did anyone notice that in the family pictures from Australia Isabella has a whole in her shoe? I spottted it because a German tabloid wrote about it.

I know it's been a while, but did anyone notice that in the family pictures from Australia Isabella has a whole in her shoe? I spottted it because a German tabloid wrote about it.
yes it is discussed a little in the Aus visit thread:flowers:

Mary is really good with her grooming and her make up application is perfect.

Fødselsdagsfest for The Prince of Wales
Torsdag 13. november 2008 kl. 18:30
Kronprinsparret deltager i 60 års fødselsdagsfest for The Prince of Wales på Buckingham Palace.

TRH the Crown Prince and Princess of Denmark will attend the Prince of Wales' 60th birthday celebrations at Buckingham Palace

:)

Looking forward to this event. Mary must be quietly excited that she will finally be meeting the queen of England.

Stella

Neither can i should be a fun occasion :)
Hopefully she'll were a new gown time for new fashion I think :D
x:flowers:

Looking forward to this event. Mary must be quietly excited that she will finally be meeting the queen of England.

Stella

Mary has never met Queen Elizabeth?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom