Crown Princely Couple's Official Visit to Bulgaria: September 15-17, 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What a busy schedule!!!

I am looking forward to seeing the photos!

They are going to visit some very beautiful and interesting places:flowers:.

My favorite is the National museum. Amazing expositions.

From the Crown Princely Couple's website, part of the press release regarding the visit:

The Crown Prince Couple visit Bulgaria at the invitation of President Georgi Parvanov to strengthen and expand the ties of friendship between Denmark and Bulgaria as partners in the EU as well as in the political, financial and cultural arena.

Last edited:
Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik (R) and Crown Princess Mary walk out of Alexander Nevski cathedral in Sofia September 15 2008 REUTERS/Stoyan Nenov (BULGARIA)

Pic 1 -- Pic 2 -- Pic 3

Very lovely photos! Is this the first time that they have met the president and his wife? I know that this is their first visit to Bulgaria, but have they met them before?

Very lovely photos! Is this the first time that they have met the president and his wife? I know that this is their first visit to Bulgaria, but have they met them before?

There was a Bulgarian state visit to Denmark in March 2006 so the CP couple met the president and his wife back then. Princess Mary received a Bulgarian order during this state visit.

You can read more and view pictures on this link:
Danish Royal Watchers: March 2006

Best wishes.

No pics from yesterday evening???

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik (R) and Crown Princess Mary (L) walk at an ancient theatre during their visit to the old part of the city of Plovdiv, some 120km (75miles) east of the Bulgarian capital Sofia September 16, 2008.

Picture
REUTERS/Stringer (BULGARIA)

It must have been a private dinner. There did not appear any pictures yet.

According to the official agenda there should have been pictures of the evnt so im guessing we are just waiting for them to be published

Official dinner in honor of HRH the Crown Prince and HRH the Crown Princess hosted by the President of the Republic of Bulgaria and Mrs. Zorka Parvanova.
Administration of the President, Coat-of-Arms Hall

Photo opportunity during the receiving line and toasts for the official photographers only.

Well, the media does not seem to show too much interest in this visit at all. :whistling:
..which is a rare thing when it comes to Mary/frederik-visits. There hardly can be found any pictures of that trip.

Well, we had an overdose with that Australia trip. This is to balance it I think.....

Denmark's Crown Prince Frederik (R) and Crown Princess Mary (L) walk at an ancient theatre during their visit to the old part of the city of Plovdiv, some 120km (75miles) east of the Bulgarian capital Sofia September 16, 2008.

Picture
REUTERS/Stringer (BULGARIA)
I do hope to see some more pictures of this visit to the Theatre ;)

Danish Crown Princess Mary looks on ceramics during her visit in an Art school some 160 km from Sofia, Bulgaria 17 September 2008.

Picture

Danish Crown Prince Frederik(C) and Crown Princess Mary(R) look on icons during their visit in Troyan Monastery some 160 km from Sofia, Bulgaria 17 September 2008.

Picture -- Picture 2 -- Picture 3

Well, we had an overdose with that Australia trip. This is to balance it I think.....

Well, the agencies can't be influenced but this official visit looks much more toned down, maybe a result of the "overdose" you mention sneeuwklokje. Mary is very much in the background, walks consort-like five steps behind Fred, no eye-catching outfit what puts the emphasis much more on Fred than usual. Maybe the agencies find that boring and therefore there are less pictures. Looks like somebody learned a lesson or was keen that the CP couple was seen again associated with business and duty after the whole media tormoil in Beijing and Australia. Looks like finally somebody put his or her foot on the breaks of the Mary PR express.

The ancient theatre is very beautiful. It looks like something that one would expect to see in Greece. This visit seems very low-key, but the CP couple look like they are enjoying themselves.

i almost forgot about the dinner i do hope they publish pix. this has been a very quiet visit! on to thailand in november!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom