Christian, Isabella, Vincent and Josephine, News Part 4: June 2023 - October 2023

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
In fairness to the Crown Prince Couple's friends, the anonymous source who made those comments in that Woman's Day article is described as "Danish", which would seem to rule out Camilla and Charles.

And these "Danish" "anonymous sources" could just as well be articles in the Danish press, simply reporting that Christian was seen with MC.
A Womens Day reporter may simply have called a reporter in DK, and vupti, you have an "anonymous source."

That does seem like a likely explanation.

Hola's run the same story, and so has the Tatler.

It's just the media looking for a story. Christian is 17. He won't be getting engaged to anyone for a long time yet.

To the contrary, the story which ran in ¡Hola! stated the magazine had confirmed the two were not engaged.

The magazine ¡HOLA! confirms, according to close sources, that Prince Christian of Denmark and Princess Maria Chiara of Bourbon Two Sicilies have started a relationship.
Both families have agreed that they will not comment out of respect.
Some media have also come to point out that Maria Chiara would have met Queen Margarethe II, Christian's grandmother, and that they could have engaged, an important step that, second ¡HOLA!, they have not taken.

https://www.hola.com/actualidad/202...-borbon-dos-sicilias-pareja-sorpresa-realeza/

I am certain that the Daily Mail's especially misleading headlines are in no way representative of "the media".

While the Daily Mail's claim that royal watchers have been spreading engagement rumors is obviously farfetched, I don't think ¡Hola!'s report that two people of the same age, one of whom have said they are longtime friends, and who have no other confirmed partners, have started to date should be treated as inherently implausible, even if this particular combination of names is obviously surprising to royal watchers.

Well, the credibility of DM is, to put it mildly, a little low.

Yes, it is, but apart from the headline and the references to "engagement rumors", I don't see obvious factual errors in this particular Daily Mail article. It seems to be merely rehashing the information already in the public domain about the Bourbon-Two Sicilies family: their interviews, their appearances with famous friends, and Camilla de Bourbon's inheritance dispute with her sister.

Last edited:
I don't understand this. It's perfectly reasonable to think Christian and Chiara are dating. But who — royalwatcher or not — would give credence to an underage direct-line heir not even out of high school being engaged? Since when has the DM (even the Australian tabs didn't go this far) become a reliable news source?

This is so stupid.

I don't understand this. It's perfectly reasonable to think Christian and Chiara are dating. But who — royalwatcher or not — would give credence to an underage direct-line heir not even out of high school being engaged? Since when has the DM (even the Australian tabs didn't go this far) become a reliable news source?

This is so stupid.

I don't understand your post. Since you say "It's perfectly reasonable to think Christian and Chiara are dating.", what is the "this" which is "so stupid"? Who - other than the Daily Mail - has claimed that "royal watchers are giving credence to an underage direct-line heir not even out of high school being engaged"? Who has been citing the Daily Mail as a "reliable news source"? It is not cited as a source - reliable or otherwise - for ¡Hola!'s reporting (and it may be worth pointing out that ¡Hola!'s report is the first and only report posted to this thread which actually presents as a confirmed fact that Christian and Chiara are dating).

Last edited:
what is the "this" which is "so stupid"?

That anyone would believe Christian could be engaged.

That the DM is continuing to print things along these lines.

That it is still a topic here days later because of gutter press churning when it would ordinarily seem to cross speculative lines of discussion.

But mostly that anyone would think Christian could be engaged.

Sorry for any confusion or not spelling that out. I thought my post was reasonably clear.

Good grief now this is all over Tumblr...plus some are dragging Mary like she has anything to do with this. Some ultra judgmental accounts on Tumblr that like to look down their anonymous noses at people.

Of course this being reported in trash rags like the Daily Mail (or Fail) does not help. But the will do anything for clicks even if it includes a minor (which at this point Christian still is). How long before the RR are stalking Christian in Denmark?

That anyone would believe Christian could be engaged.

That the DM is continuing to print things along these lines.

That it is still a topic here days later because of gutter press churning when it would ordinarily seem to cross speculative lines of discussion.

But mostly that anyone would think Christian could be engaged.

Sorry for any confusion or not spelling that out. I thought my post was reasonably clear.

Thank you for clarifying that. :flowers: My confusion about your questions on "giving credence" and "reliable news source" was because, from what I have seen, absolutely nobody (not even other gossip magazines, not even the Daily Mail's own readers) believes the Daily Mail's claim that there are engagement rumors.

I could be mistaken, but my understanding is that discussions about the stupidity of Daily Mail headlines ;) and discussions about reports of alleged new relationships involving royals have generally been allowed.

In this case, I still think it is important to remember that the Daily Mail "engagement" ridiculousness is unrelated to the actual source of the dating report, namely the rather restrained article from ¡Hola! which says it has "confirmed" from unnamed sources that the two friends have "started a relationship" but are not engaged.

Last edited:
Good grief now this is all over Tumblr...plus some are dragging Mary like she has anything to do with this. Some ultra judgmental accounts on Tumblr that like to look down their anonymous noses at people.

Of course this being reported in trash rags like the Daily Mail (or Fail) does not help. But the will do anything for clicks even if it includes a minor (which at this point Christian still is). How long before the RR are stalking Christian in Denmark?

I actually feel bad for the girls and the family. Do they seem a bit pretentious? sure however 99% of royals are, but they seem like a close family and I don't think they are bad human beings. Also both are such young girls.

I actually feel bad for the girls and the family. Do they seem a bit pretentious? sure however 99% of royals are, but they seem like a close family and I don't think they are bad human beings. Also both are such young girls.

Going on about how she's related to all the royal families of Europe and she's best mates with Leonor and Alexandra does come across as being a bit pretentious, but she's only a kid.

I hope the press aren't going to drive Christian and the Spanish, Dutch and Belgian crown princesses, who are all a similar age, mad.

I think it’s good that Christian is being allowed to enjoy this time of his life. Music festivals, football games, concerts, having a drink with friends and, yes, probably girls!
Over the next couple of years I assume Christian will be out in the world more, and expanding his social horizons, so he may want take a look at the attention this friendship/romance is getting, and start thinking about how much discretion he’ll ask future friends and especially girlfriends to exercise.
As for Maria Chiara, I don’t see why an 18 year old girl needs to be discussing her personal relationships with various young royals in an interview. I understand she seems to want to be an influencer now, but she also has the option of returning to an entirely private life at any time if she decides she no longer likes the attention, unlike her friends from reigning royal families.

Maria Chiara gave an interview (not mandatory but she did it)

What did she say:
-That she knows since a long time Christian... Absolutely possible, she belongs to a real royal family well connected to all the other RFs and her dad is godfather for Pcs Josephine.
-That she is close to Pcs Alexandra of Hannover. Absolutely possible, both raised in Monaco (small place) and it was Prince Albert who presented her parents for the first time and did the match. Also MCs parents and now the girls are present to almost all the high profile events of Monaco.
That she feels close to Leonor as they share the same passion for football. Personally I never saw the 2 girls together, but we can't deny it.
Also for Prince Laurent kids, why not?
All she said are very possible for such a high royal profile and rich family.

Now for the possible love story. It is very possible that 2 young people fall in love, even if they are not Prince and Cinderella... but Prince and Princess. It could be true... or it couldn't be true.

But I'm strongly persuaded that QMII and Frédéric and Mary take the marriage of the future King of Denmark very seriously. So seriously, that they would never allow a marriage of two young (almost still teens) whichever is the bride. Don't forget the failed marriage of Prince Joackim,which I believe family didn't enjoy....
Being engaged and married young was considered one of the reasons.

Frédéric and Mary took a long time to know well each other before stepping further .... and they were adults not post babies.

William and Catherine also who stated dating at their 20ies.. needed almost a decade to consolidate their relationship.

IMO also Princess Camilla is cleaver enough to understand that the moment is too early, and the risk of failure is very high. Divorce exists actually even among royals.. and the last think she would have at home is a inconsolable failed wannabe CP/queen.....

If this relationship exists.. I think Camilla would do her utmost to slow down things before any official action.

He’s a kid with maybe a girlfriend. Seriously that’s all there is to it.

I'd frankly be concerned if Christian feels some type of like-mindedness with the Bourbon sisters. They're princesses without a kingdom (and frankly, not even a good claim to the throne whose non-existent titles they're appropriating :cool:) who jetset around the world on inherited money without a care in the world or anyone expecting anything from them. He, on the other hand, is going to be a king of a very real kingdom one day, and should be concerned about his image.

So I should hope that if Christian ever feels in need of kindred souls, he'd turn to Ingrid Alexandra or Elisabeth instead.

Well, clearly not the Bourbons as they post pictures of him and talk about him in interviews as they see fit :lol:

That's true.

The father of these Two-Sicilies-Borbone girls , who calls himself Duke of Castro, is the heir of a junior branch of a House whose king was deposed in 1861 and whose kingdom has been non-existent for almost two hundred years. In the Middle Ages these girls would have been shut up in a convent, compelled to become nuns, never seen or mentioned again in public, and would spend the rest of their days cooking, cleaning, sewing, and praying.

Yet nowadays they are referred to as princesses, gallivant about in designer apparel with little or no sense of decorum or even decency , and ceaselessly post on social media pictures of themselves hobnobbing with celebrities and politicians of all sorts. And the modern media is presenting them as potential royal consorts. We truly do live now in disordered and foolish times. They claim to speak Italian, French, English, etc. Can they speak Danish ? Do they know anything about Danish history and customs ? And yet they are a product of their times, and I suppose one cannot blame them. They are young. That is what our world has come to. But a potential Queen Consort needs to have a sense of discretion, intelligence, integrity, and dignity. They don't seem to be displaying any of these qualities. Perhaps in the future they could be considered as suitable brides for Nikolai or Felix. But not for a future Crown Prince.

Last edited:
There are no "suitable brides" for a future Crown Prince; he's 17. He won't be marrying anyone for a decade or more. As long as it's legal, he and she are perfectly within their rights to spend time with whomever they choose. If it gets serious, she can worry about how to be a future Queen, the way his mother did.

I think this sudden negative torrent about Chiara's clothes, family, social media presence, pretense of title and assumed behavior just because she has the temerity to now be "above her station" in dating Christian (or even vaguely chatty) is unseemly, especially for someone who's barely more than a child herself.

That's true.

The father of these Two-Sicilies-Borbone girls , who calls himself Duke of Castro, is the heir of a junior branch of a House whose king was deposed in 1861 and whose kingdom has been non-existent for almost two hundred years. In the Middle Ages these girls would have been shut up in a convent, compelled to become nuns, never seen or mentioned again in public, and would spend the rest of their days cooking, cleaning, sewing, and praying.

Their family descends from a grandson of King Philip V of Spain who, in turn descended from the French royal family, which can be traced back in direct male line all the way to Hugh Capet in the 10th century. And members of her house in the past indeed married into other European dynasties too.

The fact that her ancestors were deposed in 1861 (incidentally by another Italian royal house) does not change their lineage and the fact that they are a branch of one of Europe's oldest dynasties.

Princes and princesses who belong to reigning royal families are just fortunate enough to have been born in countries where the monarchy and, consequently, the constitutional status and position of their families have been preserved. But princes and princesses in deposed royal familes are not less royal or fake simply because their families no longer reign anywhere. Furthermore, their titles, as long as they have been correctly transmitted under the house rules or the rules of their former kingdoms, are legitimate in my view, even if the republics where they now live do not recognize them.

EDIT: As for Chiara being presumably "above her station" in dating Christian, I think that is laughable considering the likes of some of the people who married members of reigning royal families over the past decades vs. someone who is actually of true royal descent like Chiara.

Last edited:
That's true.

The father of these Two-Sicilies-Borbone girls , who calls himself Duke of Castro, is the heir of a junior branch of a House whose king was deposed in 1861 and whose kingdom has been non-existent for almost two hundred years.

True, and it is the same with the rival Spanish claimant (who calls himself Duke of Calabria) to the non-existent Sicilian throne.

In the Middle Ages these girls would have been shut up in a convent, compelled to become nuns, never seen or mentioned again in public, and would spend the rest of their days cooking, cleaning, sewing, and praying.

Possible, but marriage to a foreign lord would have been an even more common career path for legitimate daughters of a medieval Sicilian king.

Yet nowadays they are referred to as princesses, gallivant about in designer apparel with little or no sense of decorum or even decency , and ceaselessly post on social media pictures of themselves hobnobbing with celebrities and politicians of all sorts. And the modern media is presenting them as potential royal consorts.

Well, dressing lavishly and hobnobbing with politicians and the medieval equivalent of celebrities were also included in the social expectations for medieval royalty. ;)

Can they speak Danish ? Do they know anything about Danish history and customs ?

The sisters haven't mentioned Danish as one of the languages they speak. But my impression is (you and others are welcome to correct me) that the Danish public, even today, does not necessarily expect their royal family members to date Danes or people familiar with Denmark.

There are no "suitable brides" for a future Crown Prince; he's 17. He won't be marrying anyone for a decade or more. As long as it's legal, he and she are perfectly within their rights to spend time with whomever they choose.

I don't think it is the case here, but if Prince Christian were hypothetically to date someone whom the Danish public deeply disliked, I think it would damage the monarchy and his own reputation to some extent, even if no laws were broken and marriage was not on the horizon.

But princes and princesses in deposed royal familes are not less royal or fake simply because their families no longer reign anywhere. Furthermore, their titles, as long as they have been correctly transmitted under the house rules or the rules of their former kingdoms, are legitimate in my view, even if the republics where they now live do not recognize them.

If one of those deposed kingdoms turned republics became a monarchy once more, I doubt the restored royal family would recognize the title rules of the former republic as remaining legitimate or recognize the pretenders to the offices of the deposed republic.

EDIT: As for Chiara being presumably "above her station" in dating Christian, I think that is laughable considering the likes of some of the people who married members of reigning royal families over the past decades vs. someone who is actually of true royal descent like Chiara.

I don't agree with the sentiment of "dating above her (or anyone's) station" applied to present-day European monarchy, but I think it is a positive change over the past decades that many members of the public now assess her "station" on the basis of her own life, or the lives of the parents who actually raised her, rather than on the basis of her distant ancestry.

Last edited:
I'm going to try being an advocate on behalf of Maria Chiara. (MC).
And I'm doing it without really knowing anything about her, her family and her current life. I don't even care about her, because so far there is no official love relationship between Maria Chiara and Christian.

Now let's start: She has basically been described as a silly little bimbo. - Who attends university? Speaks several languages? Has had a good education and can speak in coherent sentences.

She's an influencer! :eek:
Well, you can't throw a stone in a pedestrian street anywhere these days without hitting an influencer of some sort. I mean everybody and their pet turtle has at least one account on social media where they tell about themselves in one way or another. Many of them hope to make a living out of it, a few of them actually do. So MC is doing what wrong? She is not promoting conspiracy theories, is she? She is not advocating the killing of all firstborn sons in the world, is she? She does not claim to be able to cure people of cancer by praying for them or doing some magic ritual, is she?

She dresses tacky and way too old (read: daring) for her age! :eek:
- Well, considering how a lot of sixteen year olds dress, let alone behaves, when going to town...
Also, a very significant number of the members here had mothers (even grandmothers perhaps) who wore mini-miniskirts and/or smoked silly weed on a regular basis and when the Pill came, were pretty enthusiastic in regards to the Sexual Revolution. - You know, about the time the song: Harper Valley PTA was a hit...
Has MC got a reputation for being promiscuous? Has she been seen or been reported as being drunk or stoned?

Does she know Danish and Danish culture?
Probably not that much. But nor did Alexandra, our Marie or Mary. Mary who at times acts as Rigsforstander. Acting head of state.
So perhaps MC, like the before mentioned ladies could learn?

In fact, perhaps it's Christian who needs to step up to MC's level? After all, we don't really know that much about him. We will in the coming months, but so far, we don't.

Would M&F allow their son, who is still a minor, anywhere near a young woman, whom they through family sources and other sources can learn a lot about and probably already know about to some extent, if she was wholly unsuited company?

ADDED: I forgot. She spoke to the press! - Yeees, and said what? That she know Christian? That's undeniable. That she know or at least know of, a number of other young European royals? Hardly surprising, is it?
If she had said no comments? Wouldn't the press and us perhaps, interpret that as her and Christian really being in a relationship?

So finally, remind me again: What has MC done wrong?

Last edited:
T

If one of those deposed kingdoms turned republics became a monarchy once more, I doubt the restored royal family would recognize the title rules of the former republic as remaining legitimate or recognize the pretenders to the offices of the deposed republic.

Offices in republics are not hereditary and republics are normally barred from granting any hereditary titles. If a republic were abolished and no other president were elected in that country anymore, there would be no more presidents in the future to be either recognized or not recognized.

Offices in republics are not hereditary and republics are normally barred from granting any hereditary titles. If a republic were abolished and no other president were elected in that country anymore, there would be no more presidents in the future to be either recognized or not recognized.

Not necessarily; there have been pretended republican governments in exile as well as pretended royal courts in exile. Regardless, I doubt the new monarchical regime would recognize even the last functioning president of the deposed republic as still being the president of their country. Nor do I think they would recognize the deposed republic's repealed laws regarding titles (whether those laws banned titles or allowed them).

Exactly. No one knows how this relationship will evolve. Christian and Maria Chiara are still very young and have a lot to live for. It will certainly still have to be at least a decade before Christian's wedding.
If this relationship goes well and they marry in the future, I would say that Maria Chiara may be the right person to marry Prince Christian, because she seems intelligent, has charisma, has known royalty forever, certainly does not mind joining a reigning royal family with all that entails, and belongs to a non-reigning royal family which these days can make a difference in relation to the Christian's congeners who must marry commoners and thus makes the Danish monarchy into something unique in Europe at this time and can be positive and make the monarchy even more popular.

Princess Josephine begins at new school

https://www.kongehuset.dk/en/news/hrh-princess-josephine-begins-at-new-school

There has been an awful lot of school changing and now all 4 children are in different schools? Isabella will be at 3.

Is there a reason she may go to this school. Does it provide specialist support for things like dyslexia or emotional support? I know nothing about this little girl just wondering. Or maybe they just want to split their twins. Any normal family would be having nightmares trying to get kids out to different schools.

:previous: While there was indeed an option for Isabella to stay at Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole for her upper secondary education, it is perfectly common to change schools at the shift between compulsory and secondary education.

The twins have been split from the beginning of their education. Vincent was in the A-class and Josephine in the B-class (just names to distinguish the two classes, not denoting difficulty).

In fairness to the Crown Prince Couple's friends, the anonymous source who made those comments in that Woman's Day article is described as "Danish", which would seem to rule out Camilla and Charles.

Given that M&F's close Danish friends are notoriously tight-lipped, I would maintain that the source is, if not the Castros themselves, someone acting on their request ;)

And I'm doing it without really knowing anything about her, her family and her current life. I don't even care about her, because so far there is no official love relationship between Maria Chiara and Christian.

Now let's start: She has basically been described as a silly little bimbo. - Who attends university? Speaks several languages? Has had a good education and can speak in coherent sentences.

Well, you can't throw a stone in a pedestrian street anywhere these days without hitting an influencer of some sort. I mean everybody and their pet turtle has at least one account on social media where they tell about themselves in one way or another. Many of them hope to make a living out of it, a few of them actually do. So MC is doing what wrong? She is not promoting conspiracy theories, is she? She is not advocating the killing of all firstborn sons in the world, is she? She does not claim to be able to cure people of cancer by praying for them or doing some magic ritual, is she?

- Well, considering how a lot of sixteen year olds dress, let alone behaves, when going to town...
Also, a very significant number of the members here had mothers (even grandmothers perhaps) who wore mini-miniskirts and/or smoked silly weed on a regular basis and when the Pill came, were pretty enthusiastic in regards to the Sexual Revolution. - You know, about the time the song: Harper Valley PTA was a hit...
Has MC got a reputation for being promiscuous? Has she been seen or been reported as being drunk or stoned?

Probably not that much. But nor did Alexandra, our Marie or Mary. Mary who at times acts as Rigsforstander. Acting head of state.

In fact, perhaps it's Christian who needs to step up to MC's level? After all, we don't really know that much about him. We will in the coming months, but so far, we don't.

Would M&F allow their son, who is still a minor, anywhere near a young woman, whom they through family sources and other sources can learn a lot about and probably already know about to some extent, if she was wholly unsuited company?

ADDED: I forgot. She spoke to the press! - Yeees, and said what? That she know Christian? That's undeniable. That she know or at least know of, a number of other young European royals? Hardly surprising, is it?
If she had said no comments? Wouldn't the press and us perhaps, interpret that as her and Christian really being in a relationship?

I think the main answer is that she is indiscreet and seems to travel in celebrity circles.

I don't believe she has actually attended any university yet. Tatler reported that her sister "studied jointly at Harvard and the International University of Monte Carlo, as well as London's Istituto Marangoni." (BTW, that seems very unlikely to me. Harvard, one of the most competitive and highest-ranked universities in the world, would not likely allow "joint studies" with unranked International University of Monte Carlo or a fashion school.)

Absolutely agree to all you said.
Out of what pointed out before I would add:

- some posters talked about MC coming from an hypothetical self called royal family. And so what? Considering that we should judge a person only for its value and not her family, i don't understand why MC should be blamed for her father being a real or self-claimed royal, while actual Royal Families have accepted brides coming from low social levels? Before it was unacceptable to mix levels, and now we don't accept equal levels?
In top of that, MC does not live on public money, so where is the issue?
- MC has an active and glittering Instagram, and so what ? So does Maria-Olympia, Vittoria di Savoia, to call à few. Former Royals are private citizen.. they can live like every private citizen. And use social media ...as almost everyone..
-MC is being judged unsuitable to be a future CP and Queen, while some RF have accepted former drug user to be a future Queen, or a former sport trainer....just to mention a few example. Give people their chance...

Christian and MC are very young, yes. But they are just around one year younger that the couple William and Catherine, who actually is a strong consolidated couple, a lovely family and doing a tremendous job.

We will see if it turns into anything substantial. At this age the odds are not in favor as they are very young and many things will still change. But if it does the press will have a field day with the family, esp. with the Dss of Castro.

The Italian money that finances their lifestyle was made by trading arms IIRC. And the way the Dss has managed to lay her hands on the majority of it - at the expense of her sisters share - has been made public. In addition I believe she went to an event in Florida to support the previous American president, which will not be the most endearing thing to do for the vast majority in any European country.

As lovely as those involved may be in private -and the Duchess seems like fun and intelligent lady who speaks mandarin - as in-laws go they would make quite an embarrassing group at first sight. And as unapologetic one-percenters, a PR nightmare for the court. A 'normal' bourgeoise would be much more palatable for public opinion in any Western/Nordic European county in this day and age.

Of course we can not hold the mother against the daughter in the same way we could not hold Máxima's father against her. And considering the ages of those involved it is likely we will soon not hear anything about it anymore. As said, they are very, very young.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell us a bit more about the school Josephine will be attending and why Vincent apparently remains at their current/previous school?

:previous: While there was indeed an option for Isabella to stay at Ingrid Jespersens Gymnasieskole for her upper secondary education, it is perfectly common to change schools at the shift between compulsory and secondary education.

The twins have been split from the beginning of their education. Vincent was in the A-class and Josephine in the B-class (just names to distinguish the two classes, not denoting difficulty).

Given that M&F's close Danish friends are notoriously tight-lipped, I would maintain that the source is, if not the Castros themselves, someone acting on their request ;)

Or M&F agreed with it ;)
and surprise,
surprise MC will be at the lavish party and the public interest then is at a normal level, imagine nobody had known her and she dropped in for the first time at the party, everybody had gone crazy. Read here members discussing her ability to be a queen already. :lol:

Though we do not see private events, does not mean they don't happen.
It's normal for royalty to mix, say" we don't have friends,we have family"
is actually a whole parallel world with only nobility
where they meet and do "normal" things, good and bad, like any other, holidays, parties for every age group, gatherings, dancing classes, hunting, chatgroups.....
it's a discreet parallel world.
And unless a prince tells the world how he lost his virginity behind a pub,all other young princes and princess' do make their experiences aswell and thanks God more discreet than this british clown.
These closed circles are important and it's their peer group like we are all members of ours.
As simple as this.

Chiara de Bourbon posted a statement on her Instagram today in English, Italian, and French (but not Danish).

https://www.instagram.com/p/Cwh8EK0I8P1/

The English version reads:

I would like to set the records straight with regards to the unfounded rumour that has been circulating about me.

Prince Christian and I share a close friendship.

However, some inaccurate information has been disseminated. At first, this situation has made me smile; however, over time, this rumour has exceeded the limits of common sense and has spiralled becoming at odds with reality.

I believe it is now time to put an end to this rumour.

When important events will occur in my life, I will be happy to share them with you.

While we all enjoy dreaming of fairy tales, what truly matters is reality.

:previous: I wonder if "At first, this situation has made me smile" is an indirect acknowledgement that her earlier interview and her and her mother's earlier social media posts highlighting what she called her "special friendship" with Prince Christian encouraged speculation. If so, then she is taking more responsibility than many (older and more experienced) royal or royal-adjacent people who reflexively blame "the media".

So they are childhood friends and still good and close friends. Big deal.

So no problem, right?

Their friendship could still develop into something romantic later on though. :wub:?

Technically, the statement never specifies what rumor is being denied, so it is possible to read it as a denial of the so-called "engagement rumors". "over time, this rumour has exceeded the limits of common sense" could be read as a reference to the Daily Mail's "engagement" headline, which only appeared after months of speculation about their relationship. The mention of "important events" could also be interpreted as engagement.

:previous: I wonder if "At first, this situation has made me smile" is an indirect acknowledgement that her earlier interview and her and her mother's earlier social media posts highlighting what she called her "special friendship" with Prince Christian encouraged speculation. If so, then she is taking more responsibility than many (older and more experienced) royal or royal-adjacent people who reflexively blame "the media".

Technically, the statement never specifies what rumor is being denied, so it is possible to read it as a denial of the so-called "engagement rumors". "over time, this rumour has exceeded the limits of common sense" could be read as a reference to the Daily Mail's "engagement" headline, which only appeared after months of speculation about their relationship. The mention of "important events" could also be interpreted as engagement.

"It made me smile" is not usually interpreted as an admission of being behind something; more like amusement at other people's assumptions/antics.

I don't think Chiara is talking about being engaged, at this point. More like when she gets a job or has an official romantic partner.

Shouldn't this be on Chiara's family's thread, since she issued the statement?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom