Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
She's very beautiful, with no doubt. But her skin is quite oily ;)

Last edited:
She's very beautiful, with no doubt. But her skin is quite oily ;)
;) Yes it's difficult to find fault blessed with her wonderful genes. Poor posture perhaps?

She looks most like a professional model in the third installment of Forever Now. The minimalist makeup to the point where her skin looks really natural and not overly photoshopped is refreshing. Very soft, no black eyeliner for once, earth tones and we get a womanly Charlotte. First one reminded me of a rich and privileged teenager, the second one was all preppy, and now this. I wonder how they'll do the last installment.

As long as women keep buying the magazines why would the editors change anything?

No, I realize, they won't, not in the current Fashion/Beauty Industry climate. There are the occasional internet "exposes" about photoshopping women's bodies, or about magazine covers where a woman's head was simply grafted onto a totally CG body; Kelly Clarkson on SELF was one that drew a lot of attention in the US, and Kim Kardashian. We've seen that happen to Charlotte's photos, in both of the American Vogue features, and in that Lindburgh shot, though not quite to that extent. But it is scary, this obsession with a false "perfection," from which even a luminous natural beauty like Charlotte can't escape unscathed. (Hello, Heidi Montag, anyone?) Charlotte's "imperfections" are part of her allure, just like they are with anyone. The Industry seems to think we want to see a doll that resembles, sometimes only vaguely, the actual person; rather than the real person.

I actually don't see that much photoshop at all.

You really don't see it? She looks like something not-human to me! I mean, in this picture:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZr6b5pKD_E/UQBODSmXstI/AAAAAAAAF0c/ex84KIjV0E4/s1600/414.jpg

To start with, her eyes are frightfully big. Nobody has eyes that size (well, maybe japanese anime characters and those blue people from the Avatar movie do, but not humans).
But the worst thing is that they have totally altered the shape of her face. Charlotte has a square jawline and they've made it much more narrow, nearly pointy. They've created cheekbones she does not have and they've done the weirdest thing with her nose. She has a pretty small nose. But who knows why, they've flattened it, and eliminated the shape, making her look like a CG character.

This is a sexy, natural young woman:
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-i1vZdiKbRgM/UQIgKPUcb2I/AAAAAAAAF2c/aWxzA9rQmmY/s1600/425.jpg

This is an alien:
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-PZr6b5pKD_E/UQBODSmXstI/AAAAAAAAF0c/ex84KIjV0E4/s1600/414.jpg

The funny thing is that Charlotte complained in her Self Service interview about the excess of photoshop in fashion magazines...

I still don't see it. But then again, I've seen too many HF editorials and campaigns that I'm blind to it at this point.

I see a difference in lighting. The picture obviously looks better than the caption, but I would not say she looks like an alien.

Last edited:
Wow, if so many people don't see the tremendous airbrushing on those pics and don't think that someone who looks that flat and has that huge eyes can't be human, fashion magaines are doing far more damage than I thought!

I see a difference in lighting. The picture obviously looks better than the caption, but I would not say she looks like an alien.

It's not the lighting. In the video captions you can see what Charlotte looked like under the real light they were using to shoot the pictures.

If it was just the lighting then maybe her jawline would look narrower on one of the sides, where they are shadows (left of the picture), but if you look at it, you will see thay they have narrowed it on both sides, even where there are no shadows and the lighting has no effect.

Actually, they've done a very poor job with Charlotte's left cheek (right of the picture). You can easily see that they have hackered het jaw away, quite clumsily (look at the line between her jaw and her hands) andt they've given it a violent cut under the cheek. The line starts straight, following Charlotte's real square jaw, and sudenly it bends inward in an asimetrical and deformed line, to make it narrow.

It looks like an amateur's job, really. I'm surprised Gucci can present something like that in public.

They've also made her eyes bigger and hackered away her jaw in the first pic, but the job is better done.

Last edited:
Gad and Charlotte

Gad is hugely popular, talented and loved by the public ! I think most of the people are delighted with the couple !

Yes most people are delighted with the couple. Some people are more snob than Charlotte apparently and make negative comments simply because Gad is not royalty. Who cares ? They look happy together, that is what matters.

Not really a huge a fan of the campaign pictures. Charlotte is much prettier without the additional touches.

Yes most people are delighted with the couple. Some people are more snob than Charlotte apparently and make negative comments simply because Gad is not royalty. Who cares ? They look happy together, that is what matters.

I do not think that it is because Gad is not royalty, since Charlotte never dated anyone from royalty! Some people do not like Gad because of the age difference, an personally i do not like him also for this "teen" image he tries to give. He is 40, he should assume it. That's it.
Nothing to do with social origins.

I echo the view that it isn't about Gad's background and more concerns that there is a very large age difference. I guess there are examples of relationships that work with this amount of years between partners , but there's so many extra pressures on this couple (ie media exposure)- it just seems the odds are stacked against them.

It seems Charlotte cannot please everyone no matter who she dates. I sometimes wonder if the distaste for this relationship would be as strong if instead of Gad, Charlotte was seeing someone like Guillaume Canet or Olivier Martinez (and yes I know both of these men are in committed relationships) who are around Gad's age. Because I mean, just a year and a half ago Charlotte was dating someone around her own age, who ran in the same social circle, with as much wealth if not more than she and her family; and people were still not happy. She and Alex were on the same level in almost every way...except Alex had the misfortune of being considered unattractive by most royal watchers, not just on this forum but on many others. And people were hoping they'd break up for years for no other reason than that, as I believe someone on TFS put it, "he looks like a Disney villain." Everyone loves Felix, but how many of us ended up with our first loves or the people we were with when we were 19/20? Only the very lucky, I think. Seems Charlotte just can't win with her relationships, but then again I doubt she's trying.

It seems Charlotte cannot please everyone no matter who she dates. I sometimes wonder if the distaste for this relationship would be as strong if instead of Gad, Charlotte was seeing someone like Guillaume Canet or Olivier Martinez (and yes I know both of these men are in committed relationships) who are around Gad's age. Because I mean, just a year and a half ago Charlotte was dating someone around her own age, who ran in the same social circle, with as much wealth if not more than she and her family; and people were still not happy. She and Alex were on the same level in almost every way...except Alex had the misfortune of being considered unattractive by most royal watchers, not just on this forum but on many others. And people were hoping they'd break up for years for no other reason than that, as I believe someone on TFS put it, "he looks like a Disney villain." Everyone loves Felix, but how many of us ended up with our first loves or the people we were with when we were 19/20? Only the very lucky, I think. Seems Charlotte just can't win with her relationships, but then again I doubt she's trying.

You said all correct.
I think Charlotte would have please EVERYONE if she dated Prince William (when he was single...)

To throw my two cents into the mix: regarding Gad. Instead of looking at the negative (age, looks, etc), let's look at the positive effects he has had on her. Yes, he wears a ball cap all the time, which is why I believe he was responsible for Charlotte wearing a hat at National Day. It shaded her eyes so she didn't squint and make that awful scrunched-up look with her mouth. She actually looked beautiful in all her pictures. He may also be responsible for her cutting her hair. While it is still considered "long," the shorter cut gives her an older more sophisticated look so the age difference isn't as noticeable. As previously mentioned, she looks happy with him. When you already have all the money in the world, happiness and satisfaction in life is the next best thing to have.

As to her newest Gucci pictures, we must remember that Charlotte is not a model. The photographer is telling her what to do and how to do it. Instead of having her move, it looks like he is moving to get the shot and photographing her from all the wrong angles to give her the appearance of having no bridge to her nose and a pointed jaw. The background pictures are much more appealing that the ones used in the campaign.

I actually don't see that much photoshop at all.

I guess this is because we´ve got so used to it now.It´s like eating sweets with artificial vanilla flavour all the time and then you eat real vanilla-you won´t like it that much or find it doesn´t taste very intense.
For instance-if you look at a photo and you see no skin pores and the eyes are magically enlarged or wrinkles "disappeared" from a 55-year old woman,you know it´s been highly photoshopped.

Charlotte has a very retired life since she lives with Gad .. She is not 'so' often in glossy magazines as some time ago .. Right?

Priyanka; there may be 2 reasons we are seeing less of Charlotte:1) She threatened to file criminal charges against media using unauthorized pictures and 2) she might be horse training in the Netherlands.

I really appreciate that he accepts to speak about her !

i think.. she's in the Netherlands .. He is training hard .. she is focusing a lot .. and she makes less worldly life .. she wants to achieve good results!

Probably Charlotte is not doing as much social -jet set life- as she used to.

i think.. she's in the Netherlands .. He is training hard .. she is focusing a lot .. and she makes less worldly life .. she wants to achieve good results!

In Netherlands lives Edwina Tops-Alexander. Her husband Ian Tops owns a farm with horses and there he has a center for equestrian raining. Charlotte had been there some years ago and this way she met Edwina.

Charlotte appeared on a document in french tv on Gad Elmaleh as his fiancée, giving him some as vice. Very touching! They serm so in lové.

I meant some advice sorry

Last edited by a moderator:
I've just seen the tv video about Gad, and OMG, shocked when I saw Charlotte coming, huging him, talking, joking with him...she barely talks on tv, and it's the first time we can see her in a private talking with his bf. It's funny when she tries to give him some last advices (jokes !!) a few minutes before the show, and quite weird to hearing her to use verlan (slang used by the youngs), she talked a front of the cams, she knew she was filmed but didn't care.
Good to see her so "normal" !

It will be online tonight or tomorrow on TF1 website I guess, but I think videos are not avalaible abroad. I'll post the link, but not sure it will work for you.

Last edited by a moderator:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom