Charlotte Casiraghi Current Events Part 37: March 2012 - March 2013

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
So delighted to see the romance continuing.... I really love them both !

Looks like Char cut her hair. She looks lovely. Reminds me of her younger days.

Nice pictures! For awhile I thought it was Albert picking up Charlotte & Gad at the airport

Beautiful dress of Tatiana! (Indian style?)
Also Charlotte looks nice.

I didn't realize she had cut her hair. Nice. Shorter hair always suited her better.

Last edited:
I'm glad she cut her hair again, too. It looks nice on her.

Costa Gavras speaks of Charlotte. Looks like he thinks she is a silly but harmless and innocent rich girl who knows nothing of the world:

Costa Gavras:

(thanks to the vogue forums)

Last edited:
Charlotte didn't live all her life in palace... Clos-St-Pierre is not a palace, Mas de la Source is not a palace. I think this is quite embarrasing. What ever you do, you're always "poor little rich girl" just because you're "set-up" for the rest of your life. Can you imagine Charlotte Casiraghi having a regular job, 2000 euro a month? Maybe I'm wrong, but what we would do in her position?

Costa Gavras speaks of Charlotte. Looks like he thinks she is a silly but harmless and innocent rich girl who knows nothing of the world:

Costa Gavras:

(thanks to the vogue forums)
Well, there is a grain of truth in that. It doesn't mean that living in the real world, you are conscious of the real life.
She lives around reach people and she has a looot of money. Only if she belonged in the middle class, she would understand what Real life is.
Give me a break..!:cool:

She lives in a different world than most of us. She's very priviliged and lives her life like it. I see no shame in that.
And besides, the Casiraghi/Grimaldi family had their fair share of tragedies. It would seem unlikely that she has no life experience at all.

Charlotte didn't live all her life in palace... Clos-St-Pierre is not a palace, Mas de la Source is not a palace. I think this is quite embarrasing. What ever you do, you're always "poor little rich girl" just because you're "set-up" for the rest of your life. Can you imagine Charlotte Casiraghi having a regular job, 2000 euro a month? Maybe I'm wrong, but what we would do in her position?

Noboby is saying she should work for 2.000 euros a month. To start with, the person who is speaking is Costa Gavras, a succesful film director. He isn't exaclty a regular office worker who struggles to support his family and I don't think he thinks Charlotte should do so.

But you can be succesful and rich and at the same time you can know about the world, and be concious of what real life is about.

Costa Gavras probably has no idea whether Charlotte grew up in a palace or a house in Provence. Charlotte is not that famous. By the "growing up in a palace" he probably meant that she's grown up pampered inside a protective bubble and she knows nothing about the world. Which is probably truth since Charlotte has never gone out of the circle of people she grew up with and she is awfully protected. To someone more worldly and a intellectual who doesn't belong to her usual glorifying circle, Charlotte probably comes as someone pampered and clueless who doesn't know a thing about the real world.

By the way, I think it was fun when he said that she is hopelessly in love with Gad (in the google translation it is not clear who is in love with whom, but in the original interview i'ts clear that he says that Charlotte is hopelessly in love with Gad).

Also, it is her who said that she knew the executives appearing on the film because she had seen them in monaco. In the google translation it is also unclear who said what.

She lives in a different world than most of us. She's very priviliged and lives her life like it. I see no shame in that.
And besides, the Casiraghi/Grimaldi family had their fair share of tragedies. It would seem unlikely that she has no life experience at all.

Very well said! It is not a crime to be lucky! Everyone of us would live like this if he could.

In this instance, I'm inclined to agree with trepstep and Gavras. From what glimpses we catch of Charlotte's life from afar, we can ascertain that she does indeed have a set social circle that she rarely, if ever ventures far from, a social set that includes young women much like herself: the daughters of wealthy families--Eugenie Niarchos, Dasha Zhukova, Margherita Missoni. That in itself seems indicative of someone who prefers to be around people "like her." I don't expect Charlotte to be ashamed of that, and if I were her, I'd probably be more comfortable around people of the same socioeconomic status, too. That said, I don't necessarily find that commendable or even acceptable. If you're only around people who live like you, think like you, how can you grow as a person--intellectually or spiritually? Books only take you so far, and I say this as a great lover of books who is also quite shy and a bit socially awkward at times. That's the point I think Gavros is making. And he's perfectly welcome to that assessment, which, I'd wager, he's in a better place to make than any of us (unless you guys have been holding out and have come across Charlotte recently ;)). I don't mean to say that we're not entitled to our own perspectives and opinions, of course.

In my opinion, she's twenty-six and hopefully with this new relationship, she'll be meeting more people from different walks of life and with a broader view of perspectives. I think part of the problem with Charlotte is that she also seems painfully shy. Perhaps her new love will give her the confidence to step out of her shell and comfort zone.

"Poor" Charlotte...

I think he will leave Charlotte sooner or later because she is not productive for his image as an actor/comedian, who wants to be taken seriously. It' s obvious, that there are already problems for him to be in a Costa Gavras film and being with a girl like Charlotte, who never will and doesn't have to leave her comfort zone. It might be an exciting experience by now for both of them to explore different worlds - but on the long run this relation will be damaging for his career and I think he will realize that. "Poor" Charlotte...

Last edited:
Wow, Gavras being the director of Le Capital (including Gad in the cast) makes things more complicated.
Their relationship is not going to last forever, but i think that they know what connects them. So i don't thing Gad will be influenced by such statements (even if they are true sometimes..).

I think he will leave Charlotte sooner or later because she is not productive for his image as an actor/comedian, who wants to be taken seriously. It' s obvious, that there are already problems for him to be in a Costa Gavras film and being with a girl like Charlotte, who never will and doesn't have to leave her comfort zone. It might be an exciting experience by now for both of them to explore different worlds - but on the long run this relation will be damaging for his career and I think he will realize that. "Poor" Charlotte...
Sorry:eek:I really do not agree with you :eek:

She's high profile. She will probably be able to elevate his image, if anything. Just see what being friends with Charlotte did for Edwina Alexander.
Dating someone rich, beautiful, influental (arguable) and royalty (yes, I know she's not really, but close enough) has never influenced any actor in a negative way.

Well Charlotte's appeal is rather limited to the fashion/celebutante crowd so I don't see her as being especially beneficial to his career. They are not exactly in the same line of work and I expect his appeal to the general public is greater than hers.

Why do you think George Clooney keeps on dating the kind of women he does? Because they look good and they make him look good.

Why do you think George Clooney keeps on dating the kind of women he does? Because they look good and they make him look good.
The women Clooney dates are called "beards" and they don't only make him look good... I hope you don't think the same of Charlotte.

No, I don't. You were saying that Charlotte would/has a negative effect on Gad's career. I'm merely explaining why I think otherwise.

In Clooneys case I assume it is because he is a heterosexual male who likes women and who also has been quite up front about never wishing to marry again. Once they pass their sell by date he moves on. The women get a bit of public attention but also become the butt of more than a few jokes.
Not really sure what the connection between Gad and Charlotte is to Clooney though.

I'm talking image-wise. Norina stated that Charlotte is not good for his image. I'm stating otherwise.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom