British Royal Jewels of the Past 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Thankfully her tiara is still in the UK and wasn't broken up or sold off to pay off inheritance taxes!
Yes indeed. It is such a marvelous tiara.

The beautiful Pearl Bandeau Tiara of the late Princess Marina,Duchess of Kent.
Sadly it was sold of in the 70's by her daughter ,Princess Alexandra.

https://royalwatcherblog.com/2023/12/13/princess-marinas-pearl-bandeau-tiara/#more-131125
I know this blog suggests that the Bandeau was inherited by Alexandra, but has this ever been confirmed? My understanding was that Alexandra received no major jewellery from her mother, it was all left to her brothers. Her mother's expectation was that it was for Alexandra's in-laws to provide her jewellery.

I know this blog suggests that the Bandeau was inherited by Alexandra, but has this ever been confirmed? My understanding was that Alexandra received no major jewellery from her mother, it was all left to her brothers. Her mother's expectation was that it was for Alexandra's in-laws to provide her jewellery.
She was the only person aside from her mother who wore the tiara, but it’s possible her mother simply loaned it to her. She did get jewels from her mother and her husband’s family.

She was the only person aside from her mother who wore the tiara, but it’s possible her mother simply loaned it to her. She did get jewels from her mother and her husband’s family.

Fair point. But then, she also wore the Fringe tiara, which ended up with Michael.

The future of the Kent and Gloucester jewels remain uncertain

:previous: What jewellery company made the Maple Leaf Brooch?

:previous: What jewellery company made the Maple Leaf Brooch?

Other than it was a gift from her Canadian friends I could not find any other information.
I assume from that it was made in Canada?

Back
Top Bottom