British Royal Jewels of the Past 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
257px-Royal_Coat_of_Arms_of_the_United_Kingdom_%28Tudor_crown%29.svg.png

Arms of the United Kingdom

Welcome to the British Royal Jewels of the Past Thread, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
I agree. The Spanish Loop tiara and the Boucheron Loop tiara appear to be cousins.
I much prefer the spanish one over the one of Queen Mary. Think it no big loss that it was dismanteld.

I much prefer the spanish one over the one of Queen Mary. Think it no big loss that it was dismanteld.

Yes the Borbóns Loop Tiara is far nicer :previous:

Queen Victoria's Turkish Rosette Necklace was given to her son Prince Arthur, Duke of Connaught. It was worn by his wife, Princess Louise Margaret to the coronation of Tsar Nicholas II in 1896. Who inherited the necklace?

Queen Alexandra received the Kokoshnik Tiara as a wedding gift for her silver wedding anniversary. During Queen Alexandra's life time the tiara was not referred to in the press as a kokoshnik. The press referred to it as the Ladies' Tiara, the ladies diamonds, a spiky tiara, a high Russian style tiara, and as the Queen's silver wedding tiara.
The Turkish necklace was sold

She should have never given it as a gift to her daughter but better keept it in the main line.
Actually, Princess Mary’s father was the one who gifted it to her.

The Fife family used to have two fringe tiaras, the Kent/Connaught fringe which used to belong to Queen Victoria’s mother but after Princess Alexandra died, it was sold and retained Princess Louise of Fife’s tiara.

I wonder if we'll see some of the long forgotten / not seen jewels come out the vaults now Camilla / Charles has the keys. I'd love to see the Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau tiara reappear and of course, whatever other surprises may be hiding in there.

I wonder if we'll see some of the long forgotten / not seen jewels come out the vaults now Camilla / Charles has the keys. I'd love to see the Marie Feodorovna's Sapphire Bandeau tiara reappear and of course, whatever other surprises may be hiding in there.

I hope so too.

Although, I believe Camilla has quite a large collection of her own. I've read that Charles usually has a representative at the auctions to acquire pieces for her.

I have no doubt that Camilla and Catherine will have a rifle through and come up with some jewellery not seen for some time.

Where are the ropes of long pearls Queen Mary and Alexandra wore?

Where are the ropes of long pearls Queen Mary and Alexandra wore?

Could have ended up being divided amongst their many children, including the Gloucesters, Kents, Harewoods, or be sitting in the royal vaults.

I think it's terrible that the new Princess of Wales has never worn Princess Diana's Saudi sapphires in public.

Has the Queen Mary Pearl been sold?
It was sold by the Harewoods many years ago because it was a gift from Queen Mary to her daughter. I think Cartier owns it.

I think it's terrible that the new Princess of Wales has never worn Princess Diana's Saudi sapphires in public.
I don’t think so. It’s not by force for her to wear what her late mother-in-law wore. She will wear it when she wants to.

Last edited by a moderator:

One, Catherine isn't required to wear anything, regardless of whether her late mother-in-law wore them, and two, it would be best to avoid wearing anything with any connections to Saudi Arabia.

Queen Charlotte

I know that most jewelry owned by Queen Charlotte was eventually auctioned off, as her will requested, or ended up with the Hanovarians. Did Queen Mary manage to buy back any of Queen Charlotte's jewelry?

I know that most jewelry owned by Queen Charlotte was eventually auctioned off, as her will requested, or ended up with the Hanovarians. Did Queen Mary manage to buy back any of Queen Charlotte's jewelry?
The only auctioned jewels were diamonds given to Queen Charlotte from the Nawab of Arcot, I think. The Hanoverians kept the jewels they took after the court case with Queen Victoria. According to Marlene Eilers Koenig, the Hanoverian Crown Jewels are in a bank vault in London.

One of the emeralds from Queen Victoria’s emerald parure was replaced with paste because an emerald broke years ago.

The Hanoverians kept the jewels they took after the court case with Queen Victoria. According to Marlene Eilers Koenig, the Hanoverian Crown Jewels are in a bank vault in London.

Oh the irony of the Hanoverian jewels sitting in a vault in London cannot be overstated. :flowers:

Oh the irony of the Hanoverian jewels sitting in a vault in London cannot be overstated. :flowers:
Not really ironic, the Hanover family chose to put the jewels in the bank because the original place used to be a Soviet area of occupation and for safety. Plus no one from the BRF has claimed them. But yes, I get the history of the dispute.

The Rundell and Bridge tiara that Queen Alexandra used to own was stunning, but unfortunately Toria got rid of it. The Duchess of Connaught had a lovely pearl tiara from Queen Victoria who was gifted the tiara by Aga Khan, but it has not been seen for a long time. Queen Victoria’s time was probably the best to receive royal jewels

Back
Top Bottom