British Royal Jewels of the Past 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Other than the book, it hasn't been seen since 1960. There is rumours it has been sold or dismantled but simply speculation. The fife women wear the fife diamond tiara at weddings.

Would love to see that worn!

LaRae

When Munn used the picture for his book, the tiara was still with Queen Victoria's descendants. So I do hope that they still have it to this day.

Caroline Anne Bunting has worn the Fife tiara at her wedding to the Earl of Southesk, as you say. But I have never seen a wedding pic of Lady Alexandra Carnegie. Did she also wear this tiara?

There's a post of 2006 from Warren that says that she did. The tiara was recognisable among the folds of veil, he stated, but the quality of the two photos he saw (in one the bride was almost hidden behind a car) he didn't post them.

This is an outstanding part of the forum, Jolly good read and i learnt some interesting information!!! Keep it up guys

When was it worn last?

LaRae

When was it worn last?

LaRae
There is hardly anything known about this tiara. Afaik, it hasn't been seen since Princess Victoria. It's probably dismantled or sold.

I'm surprised The Queen hasn't worn the tiara in public. Although, I thought she has worn it as a necklace.

Last edited:
It would have to be converted back from a necklace. I don't know if it was made so it could be easily detached and reattached.

I don't think she has worn it as a necklace. It is quite similar to her city of London fringe. Honestly between the Queen Mary fringe tiara and the city
Of London fringe necklace, there is little need for this one to come out of the vaults. There are other tiaras that could be brought out to add some different looks.

Last edited:
It would have to be converted back from a necklace. I don't know if it was made so it could be easily d'état chef and reattached.

I don't think she has worn it as a necklace. It is quite similar to her city of London fringe. Honestly between the Queen Mary fringe tiara and the city if
Of London fringe necklace, there is little need for this one to come out of the vaults. There are other tiaras that could be brought out to add some different looks.

And to think people were debating on jewels for Harry's future wife. The royals have plenty of jewels in the vaults that have been seen in decades. I'd say, dust them off and let the young royals make use of them.

I'm surprised The Queen hasn't worn the tiara in public. Although, I thought she has worn it as a necklace.

HM already has Queen Mary's Fringe tiara, the City of London fringe necklace, the Kokoshnik, all very similar in design and concept. I suspect this tiara / necklace just sits in the vault, and is unlikely to be used in the current reign, or perhaps even the next one.

HM already has Queen Mary's Fringe tiara, the City of London fringe necklace, the Kokoshnik, all very similar in design and concept. I suspect this tiara / necklace just sits in the vault, and is unlikely to be used in the current reign, or perhaps even the next one.

I understand it's all a similar design, but they could make use it it by just switching tiaras from time to time. Especially, since it hasn't been worn in a long time. Treat it to a night out on the town sometime. Just a thought.

The reason why I think Catherine, Sophie and Harry's future wife could make use of these jewels? I think they could play around with them a bit. The Queen is older and pretty much not interested in playing around with the jewels like she did when she was younger. The younger royals have many chances to explore and change up the jewels to fit their needs and personalities. It's just about getting in there and have some fun.

Last edited:
I understand it's all a similar design, but they could make use it it by just switching tiaras from time to time. Especially, since it hasn't been worn in a long time. Treat it to a night out on the town sometime. Just a thought.

HM is certainly ones for favouries whe it comes to her jewellery, and IMO, this does not make the cut. In fact, she is not a great user of her wedding fringe either. I think in the last 25 years, it has only been used a handful of times.

HM is certainly ones for favouries whe it comes to her jewellery, and IMO, this does not make the cut. In fact, she is not a great user of her wedding fringe either. I think in the last 25 years, it has only been used a handful of times.

It's why it's best to let the youngsters make use of them. The Queen is now at the point of sticking to the few jewels she like to wear all the time. They can bring new life to such jewels.

Last edited:
It's why it's best to let the youngsters make use of them. The Queen is now at the point of sticking to the few jewels she like to wear all the time. They can bring new life to such jewels.

HM continues to dole out the jewels she thinks it is appropriate to, to the younger members of the family. She has been very generous in what she has provided Camilla, Catherine, Sophie and Anne.

There will always be the question of can she share more with them. Unlike the Dutch and Swedish system where a reasonably large number of royal ladies have access to a "common pot", the British and Danes tend to be quite specific in who is allowed access to what. This, to me, makes the jewels a bit more personal, and to some extent, helps retain an air of exclusivity around them.

HM continues to dole out the jewels she thinks it is appropriate to, to the younger members of the family. She has been very generous in what she has provided Camilla, Catherine, Sophie and Anne.

There will always be the question of can she share more with them. Unlike the Dutch and Swedish system where a reasonably large number of royal ladies have access to a "common pot", the British and Danes tend to be quite specific in who is allowed access to what. This, to me, makes the jewels a bit more personal, and to some extent, helps retain an air of exclusivity around them.

Oh I understand. I just think it'll be good to lend out the ones that hasn't seen the light of day in many years. I'm sure those jewels need a visit to the royal jeweler for maintenance and cleaning anyway.

Oh I understand. I just think it'll be good to lend out the ones that hasn't seen the light of day in many years. I'm sure those jewels need a visit to the royal jeweler for maintenance and cleaning anyway.

The BRF have a very large collection, large parts of which have not been seen in public for many decades. I suspect they like it that way, there really nothing to be gained for them from a public airing. Every time a new royal lady joins, the monarch of the day can decide which of the spoils they would like to share with the lady.

Not a fan of that Fringe tiara.

LaRae

I much prefer Queen Mary's fringe tiara over Queen Adelaide's. The shape is more distinct and flattering, imo. So I'm not surprised, that the older tiaras hasn't been seen since Queen Mary. But I can imagine that Queen Adelaide's fringe would look quite good on Camilla's hairstyle, while the Queen Mary's would be smashing on Kate.

A shame we won't see it worn by the BRF.

I think it's lovely,.

LaRae

It was a mistake for The Queen to let those set of jewels go. I can already picture her wearing it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom