Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
:previous:Princes Mabel-Is there anyone that likes this?

Yes, I do, overlooking the giant bows on the train. Actually, I think it was the best fitting wedding gown of the first decade of the 21st century.

KittyAtlanta said:

Yes, I do, overlooking the giant bows on the train. Actually, I think it was the best fitting wedding gown of the first decade of the 21st century.

I like it too!

My Favorites :
- Princess Charlene of Monaco, her gown was a perfect mix between royal and glamorous.
- Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
- Queen Elizabeth II : I especially love the sheer train and the Fringe tiara
- Crown Princess Mathilde of Belgium
- Queen Margrethe II : classic and timeless gown.

I agree with KittyAtlanta; I like certain parts of it ;) Especially the bodice looked good with the small bows IMO, and also the skirt. Only the train was ugly with these huge bows.

Princess Charlene´s wedding dress was the most beautiful I´ve seen on a royal bride. I loved everything from that dress. It´s one of the few I would wear and the most regal of all them. Just perfect for me.:flowers:

I like Princesses Victoria, Charlene, Mathilde, and Letizia. Very simple, flattering, and timeless.

My favorite is Charlene's. I also like colorful Queen of Bhutan and Sofie's gown.

I might've already posted a while ago, but I'll do it again :flowers:

1) Duchess of Cambridge - need I say more?
2) Crown Princess Mette-Marit - simple yet beautiful
3) Crown Princess Victoria - liked how she broke tradition and went short sleeved.

Royal wedding gowns
1. HRH Catherine,duchess of Cambridge
2. HSH princess Charlene of Monaco
3. HRH princess letizia of Asturias
4. HRH Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden

I voted for Charlene but wanted to vote for Kate aswell. Both their dresses are masterpieces imo. Top-notch coutute but I liked the smaller details on Charlene's whole look more. The hair is much more elegant (though the hair down suits Kate, no hate), aswell as I found her tiara so very elegant and glamorous. Charlene's veil is also nicer and the way she wears it is just divine.

They still tie for me. The details on Kate's bodice are droolworthy.

I really liked Charlene's dress, the others were ok, but nothing special.

You can vote for you favorite bridal gown of 2011 here:

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Your Favorite Bridal Gown of 2011

I personally don't have one.This year for wedding gowns has not been impressive.
While none of the dresses from this year would be in my top five (maybe not even my top ten), Charlene has my vote for 2011 on account of best 'perfecting' the entire bridal look (the spare train aside!) - her dress, hair and makeup were all beautiful...the veil and hairpiece stunning. And she was very composed and dignified, despite all the rumor and gossip. Jetsun comes in a very close second. Catherine's dress was lovely, but to me the most unoriginal and 'in need' of the most tweeks (i.e. the bustline, the way the lace on the skirt was not visible). For me, her overall look (hair, tiara, makeup) was very disappointing.

Favourite wedding dresses

1.Princess Margaret
2.CP Mary of Denmark
3.Princess Mathilde of Belgium

My least favourite is Diana Princess of Wales.I have tried so hard to like this dress because I like her as a person and have great respect for her.

Laura Ponte's veil is beautiful; it looks like a better version of the Queen Mother's veil. Ive never heard of her before, but she was definitely a pretty bride.

:previous: I agree, this dress is nice but it does not grab me. And, although nothing outstanding or different or beyond what a non-royal could easily purchase, I think it did complement the bride and it does appear to have been well tailored. And it was - obviously - what the bride wanted. I think the dress might have been better - although still nothing new - had the lace been less flimsy or had the design been slightly different to better complement the delicate lace, which did suit the bride. I do not like the tiara at all and, unfortunately, her hairstyle did not compensate for it, although it did look better from the back.

For me there is little resemblance between this and Catherine's gown--just because a wedding dress has lace and/or a v-neck does not mean it is a copy.

favourites

C.P. Maxima
C.P. Letizia
Princess Marie
C.P. Mathilde

i would have 2 say queen victoria because she was he first 2 wear white a every followed what see did

My Favourite are
1) Letizia of Spain
2) Maxima of Netherlands
3)Mette Marit of Norway

My favorite that I forgot about is the Duchess of Kent's gown. The neckline isn't my favorite, but the rest is divine!! Classic and timeless.

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Wedding Wednesday: Valentino Gowns

My favorite here is Maxima's! Her gown was absolutely beautiful! Not a fan of the rest of the gowns, even though they are Valentino. Marie Chantel's was too much. I loved the upper part of Sibilla's gown but I hated the rest of the dress. I also hated the bow's on Sophie's dress and I thought the rest of the gown was boring. The rest of the gowns are boring and nothing special to me.

Back
Top Bottom