Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2022!

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany

Slowly but surely 2021 is drawing to an end.

Most of us had hoped for a better, safer, a more normal year, but many hopes, dreams and plans have remained unfulfilled, Covid-19 has cast a shadow over another year in a row. But and that was the main and most positive ray of hope: vaccinations have become possible and can save us from the worst. Chances for 2022 are brighter.

As always the royal families have accompanied us through the year, we've seen the joy of birth, birthdays, a couple of weddings and a few, but impressive state visits. We can hope for more in spring and summer when the current difficult winter season is finally over. The same applies to our own lives.

On behalf of the whole TRF Team I'd like to wish you and your loved ones a Merry Christmas and a happy and healthy New Year 2022!

Stay healthy and full of confidence!

All the best - Iceflower

:xmastree2::xmastree2::xmastree2:

* *​

Last edited:
:santa3:Merry Christmas to everyone here. May the blessings of Christmas go through your home and fill everyone with joy and happiness. :xmastree2:

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!

I wish everyone a very Happy Festive Season!:wreath:

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year!:merryxmas::xmasbell::holly::stocking::xmastree::santa3::bauble::wreath:?:newyear1:

One thing about all of us human beings on this pale blue dot somewhere in the Orion Arm of our Milky Way is that thinking of us that way makes feel so insignificant. Yet here we are. All together spinning through space at an amazing speed of 220 kilometers per second, or 490,000 miles per hour. We all come to realize at some point in our lives that there is one thing that is a given constant in our lives and that is change.

Change can be scary. Change can change our lives and our perspectives in the blink of an eye. Change can affect us in so many ways. No matter who we are, where we reside on this rock we call home or what our personal beliefs, thoughts, feelings, emotions and all those other wonderful things that stamp us with the word "human", this time of year, it seems like the world comes move in slow motion as we reach out to each other and express a wonderful sentiment to each other. Merry Christmas. Blessed Yule. Happy Hanukkah. Heri za Kwanzaa (yes... I had to look that one up). I'm sure I've omitted many traditions from many places. I don't know everything. I'll even admit to not knowing much of anything at all. That's why we have each other. To learn from, to have a few giggles and most importantly, to love. In our hearts we all strive for one thing constantly in our lives. Sometimes it's as plain as the nose on our face and sometimes it's as elusive as a puff of smoke. That is peace.

This is what I find among my fellow posters here at The Royal Forums. I find warmth, caring, a whole entire world of teachers and most of all, a sense of love and peace here that is a rarity these days on this spider web that captures us all called the internet. We come together and have a wonderful exchange of the minds, of opinions, share who we are and want to learn about more about others. This is what being human is all about.

So, like this video I'm going to post (yet again), this is my holiday wish for all of you reading this wherever you are. Dona Nobis Pacem. Grant Us Peace.

To all the wonderful members on these forums who contribute so much. I wish you all a very Merry Christmas. Stay safe and well and hoping for a better more normal 2022. My Christmas wish is for an end to this horrible pandemic.

Cheers to one and all.

:merryxmas: :stocking: :xmasbell: :nutcracker: :santa3: :bauble: :poinsettia:

One of my favorite historians; I found this very moving.

Have a safe and wonderful holiday and/or break, everyone, and a bright and happy New Year!
?

Merry Christmas to everyone! Thank you for all the enlightening and fun discussions this year. You all make this forum enjoyable and special - you all feel like family and I am truly blessed to have many friends here.

I will be celebrating here in Adelaide, on a glorious sunny day with my husband, children and in-laws, eating lasagne and tiramisù! Yummy! My plans were in a flux yesterday as we were scheduled to celebrate with my parents, but poor father fell ill (thankfully not covid). But I made them a smaller lasagne and will be delivering some tiramisù to them soon.

May you all have a joyous and safe Christmas ❤️:xmastree::xmastree2:⛄:wreath:?

Hope your dad gets to feeling better right quick. If there's one thing I know that makes an older person feel more down in the dumps, it's being sick *and* having to miss out on holidays with the grandchildren!

As it's only hubby, the "boss" beagle and myself here, it's hamicide time around here. Right now I feel like I could inhale the entire thing all by myself but Benny the Boss would never allow that! :D

Hope your dad gets to feeling better right quick. If there's one thing I know that makes an older person feel more down in the dumps, it's being sick *and* having to miss out on holidays with the grandchildren!

As it's only hubby, the "boss" beagle and myself here, it's hamicide time around here. Right now I feel like I could inhale the entire thing all by myself but Benny the Boss would never allow that! :D

Thank you Osipi :flowers:

My dad was quite upset not having the grandkids over - he and my mum were really looking forward to having them over. He has wokebn up feerling a lot better and his fever had broken

Hopefully your hamicide was delicious and you left some for "The Boss" beagle and hubby ?

I came across this today and it made my old, eclectic eyes leak.

The Christians and The Pagans

Amber called her uncle, said "We're up here for the holiday,
Jane and I were having Solstice, now we need a place to stay."
And her Christ-loving uncle watched his wife hang Mary on a tree,
He watched his son hang candy canes all made with Red Dye No. 3.

He told his niece, "Its Christmas Eve, I know our life is not your style, "
She said, "Christmas is like Solstice, and we miss you and its been awhile."
So the Christians and the Pagans sat together at the table,
Finding faith and common ground the best that they were able,

And just before the meal was served, hands were held and prayers were said,
Sending hope for peace on earth to all their gods and goddesses.
The food was great, the tree plugged in, the meal had gone without a hitch,
Till Timmy turned to Amber and said, "Is it true that you're a witch?"

His mom jumped up and said, "The pies are burning, " and she hit the kitchen,
And it was Jane who spoke, she said, "It's true, your cousin's not a Christian, "
"But we love trees, we love the snow, the friends we have, the world we share,
And you find magic from your God, and we find magic everywhere, "

And where does magic come from? I think magic's in the learning,
'Cause now when Christians sit with Pagans only pumpkin pies are burning.

When Amber tried to do the dishes, her aunt said, "Really, no, don't bother."
Amber's uncle saw how Amber looked like Tim and like her father.
He thought about his brother, how they hadn't spoken in a year,
He thought he'd call him up and say, "It's Christmas, and your daughter's here."

He thought of fathers, sons and brothers, saw his own son tug his sleeve, saying,
"Can I be a Pagan?" Dad said, "We'll discuss it when they leave."

Lighting trees in darkness, learning new ways from the old, and
Making sense of history and drawing warmth out of the cold.

Source: LyricFind

Songwriters: Dar Williams
The Christians and the Pagans lyrics © BMG Rights Management

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year! :holly:
Wishing everyone good fortune and health!
:xmastree2::poinsettia:⛄

Happy New Year to all of you!:cheers::newyear::newyear1:

Happy new year to everybody here.

We saw on this Board so many Royals on holiday , drinking Champagne , smiling , looking happy. Have their more Luck because they are Royals.
In my communor life a lot of Christmas Feasts were cancelled because of the Children started Covid and then the whole Family (vacccinated !) and they stay in quarantaine 12 days in the Netherlands , we 10 days.
But this year must be a Year of Hope.

Wishing everyone a happy and peaceful New Year 2022 :holly::holly::holly:

Back
Top Bottom