Best Royal Brides & Wedding Dresses

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Favourite dresses (in no order as i cant decide)
Mette-Marit
Lady Sarah Chatto
Letizia
Queen Elizabeth
Princess Margaret
Maxima

My first entry.
My favourite weddingdresses are:
Lady Sarah Chatto!! A really stunning bride. Also the dresses of the bridesmaids and the flowers( bouquet). The complete picture was amazing.
Mette Marit
Mathilde
Laurentien.

The worst:
CP Mary. Usually I like the way she is dressed. But something went completely wrong with that weddingdress and hairdo. She looked like a milkmaid. I also found the complete picture very messy. the style of the bridesmaids dresses had nothing to do with mary's dress for example.
Diana, never liked that over the top dress.
Mabel but only for the bows, the dress would have been very nice without them.

My favorite:

Mary--I know a lot of people don't think highly of it, but I've always loved it. It's so unique and interesting.

My Least Favorite:

Marie Chantal-- The dress was a mess! She was trying to channel Grace Kelly but got lost in the translation--or the lace, whichever came first. Bleh!

CP Mary. Usually I like the way she is dressed. But something went completely wrong with that weddingdress and hairdo. She looked like a milkmaid.

I believe she was inspired by the dresses English and Scottish Royal ladies wore in the Renaissance. I quite liked that as it was very suitable to both her ancestry (she was born, though in Australia, to two Scots who had not yet received the Australian citizenship, so technically Mary was born a Scot) and her father's kilt.

Here's a small pic of Mary Tudor of England:
http://images.suite101.com/180298_91pxmary1england1544.jpg

And this is Mary Stuart, queen of Scots aged 13:

http://www.herodote.net/Images/MaryStuart_13_ans.jpg

To me Mary's weddinggown doesn't resemble those two pictures...
I also think that she looked like a milkmaid, it was a horrible dress and it absolutely didn't suit her. Which is a shame, as all the other Danish weddinggowns are lovely.

Here is my top 3

1 Princess Grace of Monaco, all time favourite
2 Our very own Princess Maxima, stunning gown by Valentino
3 Queen Fabiola

I did not like the dress of Princess Mabel, although the bows were somewhat
reminiscent of the gown Grace kelly wore at the engagement ball at The Waldorf Astoria Hotel.

Mette Marit was so beautiful. Definately the best. Usually I think she dresses frumpy, but she was so beautiful and unique on her wedding day! Maxima's I love, Princess Marie of Denmark's was so beautiful! Very delicate and Feminine, suited her. I liked Marie Chantal's. It fit her personality. I also liked Vicountess Lindley's dress, and Lady Victoria Spencers gold one. Oh and I can't forget Baroness Theresa Thyssens. Her winter wedding dress and coat was amazing.

I am a huge fan of Princess mary, love 99.9 percent of what she wears. But her wedding dress did nothing for her and was not attractive. The sketches looked better than the actual dress did. I think that she did not have much say in her dress as say Marie of Alexandra did. Princess Mabel is the worst of all time.

Favourite Wedding Gowns

I loved Princess Miriam of Bulgaria dress.The embroidery was beautiful. I also liked Mette Maritt 's gown. It was simple and royal. I did not like Mabel's and Rosario's and Sophie of Wessex's wedding gowns.

Dresses I liked and those I was not too fond of.

In randomorder, the best dresses:

Lady Helen

Crown Princess Mette-Marit of Norway
(Only wish a hairdresser had made her hair less yellow for her special day.)

Grace of Monaco

Mathilde of Belgium

Maxima of Netherlands

Laurentien of Nethrelands

Queen Sonja of Norway

In random order, the worst dresses:

Mabel of Netherlands (even if the dress were without all those bows in diferent sizes it would not look good to me)

Sophie Wessex (why wasn't the dress better fitted?)

Crown Princess Mary of Denmark (What happened to her skirt? Very messy look. And with that rather messy flower bouquet, she didn't look as good as she normally does. She is usually one of the best dressed princesses imo)

Letizia of Spain - too mighty dress for such a petite woman. The dress was beautiful, but not a good choice for her.

Last edited:
I liked the dress of Princess Mary of Denmark but disliked her hair. It was too flat and severe.

Does anyone know who created Maxima's Wedding Veil? Was it Valentino, who created the dress?

Thanks! That was a beautiful veil. It use to be my second favorite after Princess Margaret's; but it has become my favorite.

Does anyone know who created Maxima's Wedding Veil? Was it Valentino, who created the dress?

I loved her veil. It was my favorite part of her wedding ensemble.

the best dress for me was the dress of princess maxima she was beautiful i like the long wedding dress , the second was of princess letizia she was amazing too!

I loved Maxima's gown so much that I tore a picture from a magazine to give me ideas for my own wedding someday.

Everything about her that day was beyond gorgeous....hair, makeup, veil and gown.

I think she was the most beautiful Dutch bride EVER.

I loved Princess Caroline's first wedding gown. The veil was wrong.

My favorites are:

1. Princess Grace. Her gown suited her perfectly.

2. Princess Margaret of GB. Her gown was classically beautiful.

3. Maxima. Elegant and regal.

4. Serena Linley.

Since all brides are beautiful at their weddings, I'll just say these aren't to my taste:

1. Diana. Unfortunate wrinkly mess.

2. Sophie Wessex. This didn't seem to fit properly. However, it is difficult to judge as I'm so distracted by her fantastically ugly jewelry...

3. Marie-Chantal. While I love a similar dress on Princess Grace, this one didn't seem quite right on Marie-Chantal.

4. Mary. Seemed heavy for her.

5. Marie (Cavallier)

6. Tamara Grosvenor

I enjoyed Mabel's gown. While it didn't quite make my favorites list, it deserves an honorable mention:flowers:

The most beautiful for me are:
1-Princess Grace ,of course, the most beautiful dress and bride.
2-Sarah Ferguson
3-Princess Diana in spite of some mistakes in the design,she looked like Cinderella.

My favourites are;

1-Princess Marie
2-Princess Mette-Marit
3-Princess Mary

Which is your favourite
Most Noble, Beautiful and Elegance Royal Wedding Dress?

1-
2-
3-

and

Most Worst Royal Wedding Dress

1-
Most Noble, Beautiful and Elegance Royal Wedding Dress?

1. HM Queen Elizabeth II
2. The late Princess Diana, Princess of Wales
3. None

and

Most Worst Royal Wedding Dress

1. Other royal wedding dresses.

Last edited:
I would say that the worst royal wedding dress was worn by Princess Mabel, IMO.

Princess Grace of Monaco with her marvellous wedding dress.

i liked princess mary but the hairstyle..i'm not too keen with it. i love princess grace of monaco..really elegant and cp mette marit's really simple and elegant

I absolutely loved the way Princess Marie of Denmark looked on her weddingday. That dress was stunning and it suited her perfectly. It's a shame it went downhill from there in the clothes department.

-Princess Maxima was fabulous in her widding dress , simple and elegante , i like her outfit .
-Princess Grece of Monaco ; was the best bride i had never seen !!! she was more than fantastic !!!

Back
Top Bottom