Bernadotte Family Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
According to Trond Norén Isaksen the emerald and diamond tiara was bought by Jill and Bertil during a trip to the Far East.

Aww, what a pity. It doesn't look like it's of Far Eastern origin though.

Aww, what a pity. It doesn't look like it's of Far Eastern origin though.

It could have been copying Western styles or made in the West and just ended up at the point of purchase.

Does anyone remember the pearls that came from one of the Bavarian Queens that no longer is in the family?

Does anyone remember the pearls that came from one of the Bavarian Queens that no longer is in the family?
I assume that you're referring to the pearl necklace that first belonged to the Duchess of Leuchtenberg, née Princess of Bavaria.

And yes, I often think about it and what a pity it was that it left the family.

Why is it a pity?

Because I so much wanted it to be a part of the jewels inherited from Queen Josefina. I've been wondering what became of the jewls she's wearing on her portraits. I know that her only daughter Princess Eugenia sold the pieces she inherited to finance a children's hospital. Would be nice if they turned up some day.

I assume that you're referring to the pearl necklace that first belonged to the Duchess of Leuchtenberg, née Princess of Bavaria.

It was sold in 2021, I don't know what it went for but the last time it was sold, in 2014, it went for 3,3 Swiss Francs.
It can never be bought back unfortunately.

The RF could have bought it in the 90s from the former Bernadotte Prince and his wife who sold it, but oh well

The RF could have bought it in the 90s from the former Bernadotte Prince and his wife who sold it, but oh well
The necklace was sold by one of the counts Bernadotte af Wisborg. That line, the original one, of the Wisborg family descend from Prince Oscar Bernadotte.

The necklace was sold by one of the counts Bernadotte af Wisborg. That line, the original one, of the Wisborg family descend from Prince Oscar Bernadotte.
I know one of the morganatic lines has the pearls but he or his wife sold them in the 90s

The Nordic Museum has an online database that includes high resolution scans of photographs and pictures in their collection.

https://digitaltmuseum.se/021018436545/drottning-sophia
Here is a photograph of Queen Sophia, you can clearly see that she is wearing the Bernadotte oval brooch and the large diamond cross that Q Silvia has worn.

I wasn't keen on it worn as necklace by Princess Madeleine but its really a beautiful brooch!

Countess Jill's tiara appearance in 2023

Countess Bettina's tiara appearance in 2023:

1 | 2

The Napoleonic amethyst earrings and large brooch.

Trond Norén Isaksen at his Instagram about the brooch which Victoria wore at the King's dinner for the Nobel Laureates and the French state visit - it has been owned by the Dowager Grand Duchess Luise of Baden:

"I have had many questions about the brooch with a large white stone that Crown Princess Victoria of Sweden wore for the first time to King Carl Gustaf’s banquet for the Nobel laureates in December last year and then again during President Emmanuel Macron of France’s state visit in January. The only clue was that Princess Sibylla wore it in a photo from a musical soiré held on the occasion of the wedding of her sister-in-law Princess Ingrid to Crown Prince Frederik of Denmark in May 1935. It is, however, not listed in the inventory of Princess Sibylla’s jewels nor in those of the older queens from whom many of the Swedish royal jewels have come. Finding its origins has been quite a challenge, but eventually I found it among some documents concerning the jewels of Queen Victoria.
The brooch can be found in a list of jewels Queen Victoria inherited from her mother, Dowager Grand Duchess Luise of Baden, who died in 1923. The list confirms that the white stone is, as I thought, an opal, surrounded by twenty diamonds. It does not say how Luise (who was the daughter of the German Emperor Wilhelm I) had acquired it.
In a codicil to hers and King Gustaf V’s will on 5 March 1924, Queen Victoria left this brooch to King Gustaf V and Queen Victoria’s Foundation, an entailed foundation that passes undivided from one monarch to another. Unlike the jewels in the Danish Royal Property Trust, the jewels of King Gustaf V and Queen Victoria’s Foundation are not reserved for the current Queen, but may also be worn by other royal ladies."

Back
Top Bottom