Bernadotte Family Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
That's so disappointed. Unfortunate for the NRF, they bought it but never have a chance to wear it. I like the new Amethyst demi-parure (as well as the possible Emerald bead suite) but it's definitely not the same level as the Topaz.

At least we now know Harald won't hesitate to buy some major jewelry with historical provenance, and I can dream that he does buy something for her granddaughter...:D

Last edited:
Oh this is very disappointing news. Ever since the news/rumours came out that either the NRF or SRF had reacquired this tiara I was waiting with baited breath for it to reappear. It would have been such a lovely and substantial tiara for I-A or Estelle. How unfortunate. While I like the amethyst's parure it does not have the same stature as the topaz's.

This is really disappointing news. Maybe the King bought the parure with Haakon's future wife in mind, even before Mette-Marit entered the scene. So here goes our hope to ever see this beautiful parure again :sad:

Did they ever explain why they removed the 4th row of pearls from the necklace?

The Cameo Parure should be reserved solely for use by the Queen only.

Did they ever explain why they removed the 4th row of pearls from the necklace?
I suppose it broke. When you see the parure up close you realise how fragile it is. It's a wonder it has survived this long.

It's absolutely beatiful when the light shines through the tiara, so delicate. I was surprised by that, in photos it looks more solid.

I don’t know, I think its outing as Crown Princess Victoria’s wedding tiara might be its best ever in modern history.

Apart from 1 wedding in 2010, it has been a ”Queen only” tiara ever since The King inherited it from his mother in 1972

Apart from 1 wedding in 2010, it has been a ”Queen only” tiara ever since The King inherited it from his mother in 1972

It was also worn by both Princess Birgitta and Princess Désirée in the past.

I like it that this beautiful tiara had been used as wedding tiara, and I had hoped that it would be worn by Madeleine as well. (And I probably have to own up that I used to dislike it so much that I sincerely hoped that Victoria would not wear it. How one's opinions can change...:whistling:)

I like it that this beautiful tiara had been used as wedding tiara, and I had hoped that it would be worn by Madeleine as well. (And I probably have to own up that I used to dislike it so much that I sincerely hoped that Victoria would not wear it. How one's opinions can change...:whistling:)

It makes for a really beautiful wedding tiara ,CP Victoria nailed it on her big day!

Bracelets

Grand diamond bracelet zig zag bracelet
Louise, Silvia, Lilian, Madeleine, Victoria

Queen Lovisa diamond bracelet * Lovisa is the first queen documented with the bracelet not Sofia edited
Lovisa, Louise, Silvia, Lilian, Madeline, Victoria

Diamond vasa crown juvel bracelet
Louise, Christina, Silvia, Victoria, Madeline

3 row pearl bracelet with pearls-clasp
Louise, Silvia, Victoria, Madeline, P Sofia

3 Tennis bracelets 2 diamond 1 spahire
Louise, Silvia, madeleine Victoria

Ruby diamond bracelet
Sibylla, Silvia, Victoria, Madeleine

Saphire and diamond bracelet
Madeleine

Rubies and yellow Stone bracelet
Victoria and Madeleine

Pearl bracelet with a S monogram
Silvia

Duchess of Albany’s Sapphire Bracelet
Helen, Duchess of Albany, Sibylla andVictoria

about sofias tiara

Tiaras
Baden Fringe or Sun-ray Tiara:
Q Victoria (also wore ut as necklace and coursage), Louise, Christina, Desiree, Margaretha, Lilian, Silvia, CP Victoria, Birgitta

Queen Sofia's Tiara or the 9-Prong Tiara:
Q Sofia, Louise, Margaretha, Christina, Silvia, Lilian, Birgitta

Diamond Buttons (10) later used for Tiaras:
Queen Sophia Dorothea of Prussia, her daughter Queen Lovisa Ulrika of Sweden, Lovisa's daughter-in-law Queen Hedwig Elisabeth Charlotte, King Oscar II of Sweden (King Karl XIV Johan aka Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte left out as no portrait exists of him wearing the buttons either on uniform or on crown)
4-Button Tiara:
Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina, Lilian, CP Victoria, Madeleine, P Sofia

6-Button Tiara:
Lilian, Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine, Christina, Birgitta. P Sofia

2 extra buttons has been used as pendent and brosch

Cut-Steel Tiara:
Silvia, Lilian, Christina, CP Victoria, Desiree

Small cut steel tiara
CP Victoria, P Sofia, Christina

Tiaras owned by the kings daughters and daughter -in-law

Crown Princess Victoria's 18th Birthday Tiara:
Worn only by CP Victoria

Queen Louise's Aquamarine Bandeau (now owned by Madeleine)
Desiree, Christina, Birgitta, Madeleine

Princess Sofias tiara (can be worn with emerald stones, pearls, turquoise, blue briolette-cut gemstone or without)
P Sofia

Tiaras owned by the kings sisters
CP Margaret's Aquamarine Tiara: also called Princess Sibyllas Aquamarine Tiara
Margaret, Sibylla, Margaretha, Sibylla Ambler, Christina, Madeleine, CP Victoria

Princess Birgitta's Diamond Bracelet Tiara (search her on Corbis):
Birgitta, Desiree, Christina

Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara (now owned by Desiree):
Louise, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina

Queen Sofia's Diamond & Pearl Fringe Tiara (owned by Christina stolen):
Christina

Countess Jill Bernadotte, wife of Count Bertil Bernadotte, wore a tiara I don't recognize to last nights Jubilee Dinner. In the photo it looks like there are green stones as well as diamonds.
https://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?pi...os=30&title=SWEDEN-KING-CARL-GUSTAF-50-DINNER

Count Bertil is the son of Count Folke and Countess Estelle, grandson of the first Count of Wisborg, Prince Oscar Bernadotte

Better photos of the tiara
https://64.media.tumblr.com/03aefcb.../f021e6907b66c2d11ee6a26767ef38f9860e7568.jpg
https://alltomkungligt.se/wp-content/uploads/2023/09/kungen-gast-article5.jpg

Thank you for those pics. I think maybe the mystery emerald tiara Queen Josefina is wearing on the Fredric Westin painting is solved. Well, I suppose it's emerald since it seems to be worn with the emerald necklace and brooche.

I've been searching for any signs it's still out there.
https://sv.wikipedia.org/wiki/Josefina_av_Leuchtenberg

What do you think?

This would be a amazing find? i dont think anyone has talked about this.

Is this the first time we see Jill with this tiara?

:previous:

I've never seen it before, so I'm very excited. :flowers:

According to Trond Norén Isaksen the emerald and diamond tiara was bought by Jill and Bertil during a trip to the Far East.

It's a really beautiful emerald and diamond tiara on the Countess Bernadotte!

Back
Top Bottom