Bernadotte Family Jewels 2: 2022 -

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

soapstar

Super Moderator
Site Team
City
Hermosa Beach
Country
United States
219px-Great_coat_of_arms_of_Sweden.svg.png

Arms of the Kingsdom of Sweden

Welcome to the Bernadotte Family Jewels Thread, Part 2

Commencing January 1st, 2022

The previous thread can be found here

Please take a look at the
TRF Community Rules & FAQs

· Only pictures that you have written permission to share can be posted here. You can post links to any pictures.
· It's a copyright violation to post translations of entire articles, so no more than 20% of an article
text should be posted, along with the link to the original article.
· We expect our members to treat each other, and the royals and persons in these threads, with respect.
· The Report Post button is for reporting inappropriate content in a post if no moderators or administrators are online.
· Threads should remain on topic. Posts which are irrelevant or disruptive
will be deleted or moved by one of the moderators.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sapphire and diamond brooch is a lovely piece. They made beautiful pieces back in the day. I also like the other pieces Prss Cristina is wearing.

And Lady Finn a great find of the old photos of the Ladies.

At an auction at Uppsala Auction Chamber was sold in December 2019:

Charm Gold, 14K studded with blue enamel bordered by green and red enamel and octagon-cut diamonds in the shape of hearts and bow. The back with lid with space for photography. Probably England, around the year 1900. L 4.5 cm.
Letter from Sigvard and Marianne Bernadotte included.
Provenance
Possibly a wedding gift to Crown Princess Margareta (1882–1920) and Gustaf VI Adolf (1882‑1973) in 1905. Thereafter by inheritance to Sigvard Bernadotte (1907‑2002) and later a gift to the current owner.
1151. Berlock - Internationell kvalitetsauktion 10 - 13 december 2019

At the new website of the Swedish Royal Court there is at the swedish version a page about jewellery, not very much photos or text:
Smycken _ Kungahuset

Does anybody know where one can watch the documentary Kungliga Smycken? It doesn't appear on the SVT website anymore nor does any search on YouTube show up? It was such a delightful program and close look at the Swedish jewels.

Where is this Kerstin Bernadotte's tiara, which can be worn as a necklace, now?
Kerstin died in 1987. Gunnila Bernadotte didn't wear it. I haven't found any photos of Kerstin and Carl Johan's daughter Monica Bonde wearing it. Or their son Christian Bernadotte's wife Marianne wearing it.
Image Upper.com - Free Image Hosting - View Image

Where is this Kerstin Bernadotte's tiara, which can be worn as a necklace, now?

Kerstin died in 1987. Gunnila Bernadotte didn't wear it. I haven't found any photos of Kerstin and Carl Johan's daughter Monica Bonde wearing it. Or their son Christian Bernadotte's wife Marianne wearing it.

I've been looking quite extensively at later photos of Kerstin to find out the fate of her jewels, but seems that she didn't wear them much. Kerstin died in 1987, but disappeared from the public eye earlier than that due to illness. I've read that she took part in the British state visit to Sweden in 1983 and that she wore a tiara then.

Who was Kerstin?
Journalist and editor Kerstin Wijkmark (1910-1987) married Prince Carl Johan in 1946 upon which he lost his title. It was her second marriage. He was ennobled in 1951 by Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg and the couple assumed the name Bernadotte of Wisborg.

Last edited:
Thanks for this link, it is such a beautiful documentary though I don’t understand Swedish

If you watch it with Google Chrome with swedish subtitles, you can translate them into english.

Is it known which daughter inherited the Duchess of Albany's sapphire bracelet? I don't think it's been work in the last 50 years.

Hopefully the Duchess of Albany’s Sapphire Bracelet is indeed with Princess Margaretha!
I'd rather it was with the King. Hopefully he has bought the aquamarine tiara and had the bracelet thrown into the bundle.
Fingers crossed [emoji1696]

Back
Top Bottom