Bernadotte Family Jewels 1: Ending 2021

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Pearl choker

help me out and identify these jewllery
do you regonnice any of the jewllwery these ladies wears

One of the pearl chokers may have been a gift from Leopold but I cannot remember to whom he gave it. Try looking at his jewels.
I also remember a large Emerald strand given from Queen Isabella to a Lady traveling with a bishop. I will look for references on these.

Last edited:
Thank you IloveCP. I did not know these wonderful earrings are so old !!! I love them!

I didn't find a good pic from the early yeas of Ingrid's marriage, but this is before her wedding. She wears her father's family order with the Swedish court dress.
View image: ingrid turquoise bandeau
Imo it could be the same frame as Princess Birgitta wears now.
If this photo is taken before her wedding in 1935, it can't be her father's family order she is wearing, as he became king in 1950. It has to be the family order of her grandfather, king Gustav V.
the only photos I have of Ingrid before she became Queen seem to have her wearing both her father's portrait & Christian's portrait. The only other photos I have of her in gala in the 1930s, she's not wearing any family orders. It also looked like she might be wearing her father's portrait on the day she became Queen. It also looks like she only wore her father's portrait for George's Coronation in 1937. After she became Queen, she only seemed to wear it for Swedish events.

Wedding Event 1935
Christian Silver Jubilee 1937
George Coronation
[-]Gustaf Adolf[/-] 80th birthday 1938 King Gustav V:s 80th birthday
Official Photo (supposedly circa 1948)
As I wrote above, if the photos' are taken before 1950, the Swedish family order Ingrid wore have to be that of her grandfather, king Gustav V, who died 1950. (King Gustav VI Adolf celebrated his 80th birthday in 1962.)

Last edited:
I don't mind it. It'd be lovely on Madeleine or Sofia, I think.
As it was given as a wedding present to princess Désirée, I doubt any of the Swedish princesses will wear it, but it would be nice to see it being worn in a 1920ies style by one of Désirée's daughters or daughter-in-law.

Non of Desirée's daughter-in-law wore it at their weddings, which I find quite disappointing. I think it is unlikely that they will wear the tiara in whatever style in the future. Even when Princess Desirée borrowed other tiaras for the royal weddings, it wasn't worn by her daughter or daughters-in-law.

When was Queen louise tiara last seen?
The last event I know of was the 70th birthday of King Harald in 2007.
View image: se desiree 2007

For her last three tiara events, the 3 royal weddings, she wore borrowed tiaras: the amethyst for Victoria's wedding and the cut steel for the two other weddings.

Its a pity that Princess Desiree, Baroness Silfverschiold doesn't attend the Nobel Ceremony otherwise we might see this tiara a little more.

The Princess married a Nobelman from Sweden , lives in Sweden and never attend officiel Ceremony only the royal weddings.
Princess Cristine married a Gentleman from Sweden and attend many official Ceremony.

Here is Princess Desiree at the Nobels in 1987, and here at a dinner in 1994. So she used to attend official events in the decades after the wedding. I wonder when and why did she stop?

Here is Princess Desiree at the Nobels in 1987, and here at a dinner in 1994. So she used to attend official events in the decades after the wedding. I wonder when and why did she stop?
Princess Désirée doesn't seem to be too impressed by royal life, she prefers living in the country. I don't think she's shy as princess Margaretha, but that she prefers a more private life. She has once said that "there are sometimes too much fawning over the royal family", see this article about her: Prinsessan smakfull står inte i rampljuset | Dokument | Expressen My guess is that she stopped attending royal events when Victoria and later Madeleine became old enough to take part, she probably felt there were younger princesses who could take over those duties.

The Princess married a Nobelman from Sweden , lives in Sweden and never attend officiel Ceremony only the royal weddings.
Princess Cristine married a Gentleman from Sweden and attend many official Ceremony.

Princess Désirée will probably find happiness in living the life of a countryside aristocrat and being the châtelaine of the two estates of her spouse. See the beautiful Koberg Castle and the equally beautiful Gasevadholm House. Not everyone likes being in public attendance all the time.

:flowers:

Last edited:
:previous: It looks awfully good as a necklace, really impressive. Now, if you imagine the rich purple colour, it must be a real stunner. They say that it's heavy and unpleasant to wear, but the look is great.

Btw, that 1960's hair looks well with the four buttons tiara. With a backdrop of hair it doesn't look so much like Mickey Mouse ears. :p

Last edited:
:previous: It looks awfully good as a necklace, really impressive. Now, if you imagine the rich purple colour, it must be a real stunner. They say that it's heavy and unpleasant to wear, but the look is great.

Btw, that 1960's hair looks well with the four buttons tiara. Wit a backdrop of hair it doesn't look so much like Mickey Mouse ears. :p

It really is a pity that the don't wear it as necklace from time to time. It could probably also be shortned by removing 1 or 2 of the amethysts.
As for the four-button tiaras it looked even better when it was worn by Princesses Margaretha, Birgitta and Désirée in the early 1960's because the managed to hide the ugly metall frame in their hair.

If the necklace can really be shortened, then they should order a new and smaller tiara frame. The diameter is too wide, imho, it would fit much better if it were a bit smaller.

That pic is amazing! It is rare that the mags publish such high resolution pics of lesser known people. I once read that the tiara was a gift from Prince Wilhelm to his daughter-in-law Karin.

Madeleine Bernadotte also attend and wore a tiara ,but as said Tilia, she is a lesser known Royal and perhaps no picture .
She is our King Albert II and King Harald first Cousine.

Originally List Posted by Rascal

Crown Princess Victoria's 18th Birthday Tiara:
Worn only by CP Victoria

Princess Birgitta's Diamond Bracelet Tiara (search her on Corbis):
Birgitta, Desiree, Christina

Baden Fringe or Sun-ray Tiara:
Q Victoria, Louise, Christina, Desiree, Margaretha, Lilian, Silvia, CP Victoria, Birgitta

Diamond Buttons later used for Tiaras:
Queen Sophia Dorothea of Prussia, her daughter Queen Lovisa Ulrika of Sweden, Lovisa's daughter-in-law Queen Hedwig Elisabeth Charlotte, King Oscar II of Sweden (King Karl XIV Johan aka Jean-Baptiste Bernadotte left out as no portrait exists of him wearing the buttons either on uniform or on crown)

4-Button Tiara:
Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina, Lilian, CP Victoria, Madeleine

6-Button Tiara:
Lilian, Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine, Christina, Birgitta

Queen Victoria's Processional Necklace of Ceylon Sapphires, Pearls, & Diamonds:
Louise, Silvia, Lilian, Desiree, Christina, CP Victoria, Madeleine

The Vasa Diamond Earrings:
Louise, Sibylla, Christina, Silvia, Lilian, CP Victoria, Madeleine

The Bernadotte Emerald Demi-parure:
Sofia, Sibylla, Silvia, Lilian, Victoria

Cut-Steel Tiara:
Silvia, Lilian, Christina, CP Victoria, Desiree

Queen Josefina's Amethyst Demi-parure:
Louise, Margaretha, Christina, Silvia (w tiara), Desiree (w tiara), CP Victoria (w tiara), Margaretha (w tiara), Madeleine (w tiara)

Queen Josefina's Diamond Stomacher-Necklace:
Josefina, Lovisa, Sofia, Q Victoria, Louise, Silvia, Lilian, Victoria

CP Margaret's Aquamarine Tiara:
Margaret, Sibylla, Margaretha, Sibylla Ambler, Christina, Madeleine

Russian Pink Topaz Demi-parure:
Louise, Sibylla, Silvia, Desiree, Christina

The Bernadotte Rose Brooch:
Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine

Empress Josephine's Cameo Parure:
Queen Hortense, Queen Josefina, Sibylla, Ingrid, Birgitta, Desiree (one time in addition to her wedding - see if you can find it ), Silvia, CP Victoria also worn the necklace 2013

Queen Josefina's Pearl, Ruby, & Diamond Spray Brooch:
Josefina, Silvia, CP Victoria

Leuchtenberg Parure:
Josefina, Q Victoria, Louise, Sibylla, Birgitta, Silvia

Queen Sofia's Tiara or the 9-Prong Tiara:
Sofia, Louise, Margaretha, Silvia, Lilian, Birgitta

The Braganca Diamond Tiara or the Brazilian Tiara:
Sofia, Q Victoria, Louise (also as Crown Princess), Silvia

Princess Sibylla's Tiara or the Connaught Forget-me-not Tiara:
CP Margaret, Sibylla, Christina, Silvia, Desiree, Lilian, Madeleine, CP Victoria, Birgitta

Edward VII Ruby Tiara:
Sonja Robbert (2nd wife of Sigvard), Marianne (last wife of Sigvard), Silvia

Queen Silvia's Diamond Fringe Necklace-Tiara:
Silvia, Madeleine, CP Victoria (as a necklace only)

Queen Sofia's Diamond & Pearl Fringe Tiara (now owned by Christina):
Christina

Queen Louise's Diamond Tiara (now owned by Desiree):
Louise, Margaretha, Birgitta, Desiree, Christina

Princess Birgitta's Diamond & Pearl Circle Tiara (now owned by Desiree of Hohenzollern)
Birgitta, Desiree of Hohenzollern, Ute of Hohenzollern

Crown Princess Margaret's Laurel Wreath Tiara:
CP Margaret, Lilian, Victoria (owner)

Crown Princess Margaret's Scarab Necklace:
CP Margaret, Lilian (given to silvia who has yet to be worn)

Queen Louise's Aquamarine Bandeau (now owned by Madeleine)
Desiree, Christina, Madeleine

Small cut steel tiara
Victoria

Karl XIV Johan's Earrings
Q Lovisa, Louise, Sibylla, Lilian, Silvia

Queen Silvia's Diamond Cluster Earrings
Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine

Queen Josefina's Stomacher Earrings
Silvia, CP Victoria, Madeleine, Sofia

13 Strand Pearl Choker
Q Victoria, Christina, Silvia, Madeleine

Queen Josefina's 3-Row Pearl Necklace
Q Josefina, Silvia

Don't know if these have a name, so I am giving them a name and, for clarity describing the event as needed:

Mainau Cuff-Link Fringe Tiara:
Countess Sonja Bernadotte, Countess Bettina Bernadotte, Countess Sandra Bernadotte (worn for her wedding)

Mainau Diamond & Gemstone Swag-Fringe Tiara:
Countess Karin Bernadotte, Countess Bettina Bernadotte (worn for CP Victoria's wedding - it looks to be set with amethyst, citrine, and sapphire stones at the top of the spikes)

Countess Sandra Bernadotte's Bracelet-Tiara:
Countess Sandra Bernadotte (worn for her wedding reception and for CP Victoria's wedding)

*Countess Marianne Bernadotte's tiaras (at least two - one pearl and one diamond and yellow gold) are not included with this list because most reports are that they were brought into the marriage to Sigvard by her.

**Countess Madeleine Bernadotte's tiara worn for CP Victoria's wedding is not included in this list. It has been referred to as the von Rosen tiara, a possession of the family of Prince Carl's first wife, Elsa von Rosen, and borrowed by Madeleine for this event.

***There are some items missing from the list (The Bernadotte Diamond Earrings, some of the diamond brooches, bracelets, etc) because I am still researching them and/or they don't have a "name". Please feel free to add or if you have information you would like to share about these or any other pieces, I will be asking questions about specific pieces when I can.

For now, hope this list helps any others. Have a great day, happy hunting, and I hope we can all discover a great deal together.[/QUOTE]

CP Margaret's Aquamarine Tiara:
Margaret, Sibylla, Margaretha, Sibylla Ambler, Christina, Madeleine

Have you seen a pic of Crown Princess Margaretha with the aquamarine kokoshnik? Have never seen one.

On the RJOTWMB Claes once posted that he had actually seen a photo of CP Margaret wearing the aquamarine tiara and that he also has information about the jeweller and the number of diamonds. But this photo is not public and it seems that Claes has confidential information that he is not free to share. Let's hope that this phote will be published one day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom