Alexandre & Nicole Coste Current Events Part 3 : May 2006 - July 2008

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
paca said:
I believe sometime last year her lawyer said that it would be impossible for her to go back to her old work after maternity leave due to her notority. And thus he also wanted to secure the welfare and security of the mother (hence bodyguards, nanny etc.). I haven't heard of any changes in that matter, but I don't think she needs to worry about working. She has free housing and 10 000 Euro net per month, wheras most people here call themselves lucky if they make more than 1500 euro net (which is probably what she would have received in her job as hostess).

Well, I wouldn't agree that all that money, the free house and the 'not-having-to-work-to-support-herself-ever-again' lifestyle
that she got from Albert were exactly 'free'.

After all, she clearly described in her story how she took so much of her own time and energy to go to MC always to look for Albert and called him and pursued him so hard and so long and then 'forgot' her birth control pills upon their last encounter.

We know that's alot of work, and it's very time consuming activity to chase a man that does not want you. Nothing is every free.

And after all, she did choose to re-name herself 'Coste'...:cool:

The 'coste' is to both of them. Both sides pay for their behavior, imo.

Last edited:
altagrace said:
Let us look at facts, just the facts:
When the story about Nicole Coste came out the immediate criticisms can be summarized as follows: gold digger, she only wants publicity, she is self-centered, she trapped him, who dees she think she is etc...
When the Jazmin/Tamara story broke out, the reaction was much more subdued: Wow! really! nice girl, she was right all along.
WHy such a different reaction in what are really 2 very similar situations? (In fact you could argue Nicole was on more solid grounds having had a relationship with Albert on and off for 5 years, while Tamara was like a one-night stand or a 1 week stand) The only difference -other than race- in the situations I see is that Nicole -aided by the French media- was much more effective at making her case public than Tamara -& american lawyers- was.
So what is the explanation then why Two women in a similar situation, doing more or less the same thing are judged so differently?

You have to admit just may be Racism IS the explanantion! This is not open racism, but the worse, more subtle form, the one which hides as "criticism".

There is certainly more to that than just 1 unpleasant but oversimplifying explanation.

NC also had the element of surprise when she 'dropped the bomb' of her story on Monaco. People were following news about the death of Ranier and did not expect to be shelled by her story, especially since NC made her story after Ranier's death but before Ranier's funeral.

This after admitting that she had been living under Albert's care in Paris and admitted drawing a generous annual sum and not wanting for anything at all. She fully admited that Albert had been actually taking care of her and the child rather generously and they wanted for nothing even while she went to the tabloids. Also, NC was in France, so proximity had something to do with her and her lawyers ability to make any kind of case.

TR has not admitted to having any such advantages for herself or her daughter. NC got money, car, place to live -- all those things and wanted more, TR had none of that.

I do not think anyone has said that they thought the TR situation is the result of someone who was trying to 'trap' anyone else. At least not by the way I interpret it. TR and PA seemed to have been having a quite literal 'one night stand' in the truest sense (regardless of anyones opinion of it) and she got pregnant by accident. My comment is not a a statement on anything that was done (or not done) after she had her child. I agree Albert could have handled it differently, but what's done is done.

NC describee a situation herself that many people interpreted as having trapped Albert into parenthood as a means to hold on to a by-gone relationship. Agree or not, it is what many have thought based on what she described. She even said that Albert said to her that he felt she trapped him with her 'accidental' pregnancy situation.

I think those are big differences in themselves. And in any event, whats done is done. It's all past now and that's it.:)

Last edited:
Grace said:
I know that racism sadly still exists, but I fear any criticism of NC's behaviour is being labeled as racism and hence forbidden...
I would like to keep the right to voice my opinion, positive or negative, of NC, TR and particularly or Albert, because I didn't approve of many of the things they did lately, and while I agree that the colour of skin should not be a factor in these opinions, I think it shouldn't become a "shield" or a justification either. Just my opinion...

A fair point, Grace. I have read enough of your posts and I think they are very balanced. You don't seem to favor anyone, including PA. I agree that NC and TR have both handled themselves poorly in one way or another.

Last edited:
Lillia said:
TR has not admitted to having any such advantages for herself or her daughter. NC got money, car, place to live -- all those things and wanted more, TR had none of that.

It has been reported in the media that PA has been taking care of TR/JG financially for many years. Whether TR admits it or not doesn't make her any better than NC. She sued PA right away in CA, but the CA courts could not assert jurisdiction. She was just as angry with PA as NC was, only she couldn't get to him.

Do you really think a waitress (who was then pregnant) purchased a $300K house (13 years ago) in CALIFORNIA in a gated community? And private school? C'mon! And did she really start in real estate just before giving birth? If not, then how did she afford it?

Let's just call it like it is: BOTH TR and NC have benefited from PA's money. To suggest that only NC has benefitted is, in my opinion, a very unbalanced point of view.

Last edited:
Qsophy said:
It has been reported in the media that PA has been taking care of TR/JG financially for many years. Whether TR admits it or not doesn't make her any better than NC. She sued PA right away in CA, but the CA courts could not assert jurisdiction. She was just as angry with PA as NC was, only she couldn't get to him.

Do you really think a waitress (who was then pregnant) purchased a $300K house (13 years ago) in CALIFORNIA in a gated community? And private school? C'mon! And did she really start in real estate just before giving birth? If not, then how did she afford it?

Let's just call it like it is: BOTH TR and NC have benefited from PA's money. To suggest that only NC has benefitted is, in my opinion, a very unbalanced point of view.
$300k house in CA is the geto That is a about $1200 dollar a month house payment She move there when she got married maybe you should try to reread all the article on her. Her exhusband is from there The same way she end up in Monaco in the first Place TR is not Polish enought for me to believe she been taking care of by a billionair. now he will have too , a $7000 dollar a year private school that is average about $500 dollars a month. But she will be moving out soon .Go and look at NC house and look at TR house,see the difference.

Last edited:
pama said:
$300k house in CA is the geto That is a about $1200 dollar a month house payment She move there when she got married maybe you should try to reread all the article on her. Her exhusband is from there The same way she end up in Monaco in the first Place TR is not Polish enought for me to believe she been taking care of by a billionair. now he will have too , a $7000 dollar a year private school that is average about $500 dollars a month. But she will be moving out soon .Go and look at NC house and look at TR house,see the difference.

Well, I certainly would not say that it is a bad place where TR and JG live right now, but California is not a cheap place to live either (generally speaking, that is).

Nobody knows what other financial arrangements she has or what her own family has given her in terms of assistance, if at all.

Just because someone is or may have been a waitress does not mean that they are destined to live in a hovel and their children be so poorly educated, although I do understand that with a mere waitress salary alone it would be hard to survive. Her family could have helped her somehow, but I have not read any articles on that issue of how she affords anything. I do remember reading at one time that Albert reportedly had not been paying her anything.

And TR was married before, so no-one knows if she got that property or money in some kind of a settlement with her ex husband, or with help from her family or something else -- and of course those are solid possibilities also. Unless it has been announced from the palace that PA had been supporting her, or another reliable source, that could be questionable. I have not said that TR was any different that NC on the issue of having an affair; they both ran around with Albert while they were married women. Once again, what's done is done. Neither of these women ever has to worry about their material well-being ever again and they should have nothing else to ever complain about.

TR seems to have moved on. NC, who knows. I do know this; they all will manage and the world will continue no matter what any of them did/did not or will/will not do.:p :)

Last edited:
pama said:

My point was simply that TR did get something out of her "arrangement" (or whatever) with PA. The fact that NC received more seems (to me) to be due to the quality of her lawyer--and the fact that she was on good terms with PA until she went public. Since TR had sued PA, maybe the settlement reflected their relationship at that time, who knows?

P.S. $300K is not an expensive house in California TODAY. In 1986 dollars, such a house would cost around $600K today. Still not a high price for California, but it still costs more than 90% of Americans can afford.

im sorry for probably complicating things but im recently a new fan to this whole prince albert nicole thing. So what exactly is going on? Like why do people hate Nicole? And then hate Albert....I dont really get it. Sorry not much press for them in Canada

We are asking your cooperation so that that this thread will remain open. Please stop reposting and rehashing what has already been discussed. This is afterall a current events thread.

Please review the updated TRF Posting Rules & Guidelines to refresh you memory before your next post. Remember that bashing and trashing of royals, their families and associates is stritly forbidden.

Thanks for your cooperation.

The Monaco Moderating Team

On HSH PA Current Events there's a fantastic down to earth interview by Prince Albert on the occasion of one year's monarchy. Really fantastic. But...

Question:..."the whole world ..learned you were the father of 2 children...which father [what kind of fathering,I guess] do you wish to be for these children, your children?

PA: ...I would hope that our relations occur in the best possible one,but that will depend on the relation which I have with the mothers. ...I will try as much as possible to see them accoring to my constraints...my availability.

So here's the loophole-the mother. Very likely translated in the case of Alex/s mother--"nothing doing, no way Hosea". Maybe he'll send an August birthday present. So, if I can say this-maybe after he's married, he'll mellow out and put his "ethics" where his mouth is.

In this case, PA may not be the only person with any sort of 'issue', if that is what it would be called. ;) How he handles it would be his own business, imo.

one must remember, two people contributed to that situation, and one of them was plotting and scheming (despite any comments to the contrary), imo.

If PA would choose to keep his distance from NC, I would not blame him one bit.:)

Last edited:
Lillia said:
In this case, PA may not be the only person with any sort of 'issue', if that is what it would be called. ;) How he handles it would be his own business, imo. one must remember, two people contributed to that situation, and one of them was plotting and scheming (despite any comments to the contrary), imo. If PA would choose to keep his distance from NC, I would not blame him one bit.:)

Lillia right agian....Anyone with any sense who read NC's interview in it's entirety can tell she got pregnant on purpose to try to trap PA in the only way she could. It's implicit in her comments. The whole interview, taken in its entirety, implies she did it on purpose. She did it for money and she did it fame.

If PA dated her for years and she was on the pill, ie: did not get pregnant, he had every reason to believe she would not on the occasion when Alex was concieved. Any woman who knows enough to take birth control pills knows...
YOU CANNOT GET PREGNANT BY MISSING ONE PILL. THE ESTROGEN STAYS IN YOUR SYSTEM FOR WEEKS. SHE HAD TO HAVE PLANNED IN ADVANCE. That's why the doctor tells you to go off the pill for at least a month before you start really trying to get pregnant. Yes, I'm sure there are exceptions, and yes I"m sure there have been accidents, but what are the chances?

Well, I agree , it could happen by accident. But in this case, the beautiful little baby (and he is cute) was referred to by his mother as 'a child of destiny' -- and an 'accident' all at the same time according to NC, btw.:)

A woman who is determined not to get another baby would not have such an 'accident'.
Especially if she is supposedly concerned about how she was going to care for her other children and their ever-present needs.

I can see how she would think of getting pregnant by a man that dumped her as fate or 'destiny', especially after crying and pleading with the very same man and expressing that she did 'not know what she would do without him', calling him even while he was not calling her at all anymore, then spending her time and energy going to look for the man at his house.

It's a story that will be in the public for a very very long time. The public will discuss it and talk about it for a long time, years perhaps. Just like they always talk about PA and everything he does (or does not do). That's been going on for PA for a lifetime. But NC put herself out there (for her own reasons). The public's knowledge of NC started with NC. She said she spoke to the paprazzis because that is what she wanted to do, no other reason.

And those are the clearly spoken words of NC, immortalized in print:p by PM and Le Point.

Last edited:
What Nicole did has nothing to do with Alexandre. He will have to find his own way and purpose in life. A task that would be much easier if his mother had spared him the fame brought on by her interview. The whole thing should have been handled privately, and I personally believe Albert never should have publically acknowledged any children. NC should have found a really good attorney who would handle it privately. And gosh, where are you going to find a lawyer willing to sue a billionaire? It would not have cost her a dime, she could have gotten her child support and protected Alexandre from a lifetime of who knows what. But she wanted to be famous, she wanted her 15 minutes, she got it, and now we all feel sorry for the child and think she's foolish.

It's likely Albert used her then when he tried to end things she got mad. (Like he's the first guy in history to come up with this plan) Too bad but you cannot force someone to have a relationship with you. It just doesn't work.

Having a baby is a shaky way to hold onto a man, imo. :) It may obligate him, but it certainly won't make him want a woman any better.

The basis of the relationship between NC and PA was mainly physical (as she clearly said), which is not a strong foundation to build anything that would last. At least that is what I have been taught. :p :)

PA said that he would handle seeing his child in private, and I believe that when he does, it would be just that.

But then again, perhaps someone will let the story leak to the press by accident too...:p :)

Last edited:
I am curious as to weather or not Albert's relationship with Alycia was affected by Nicole? It's been reported that he proposed but they never made it down the isle??? Generally speaking I think most people can tell when their partner is not being faithful. There are tons of red flags. I wonder if Alycia knew of Nicole, or other women and backed out.

I also wonder what Alycia's reaction was when she saw the interview. Can you imagine if they were already married and it came out?

leahteresa said:
I am curious as to weather or not Albert's relationship with Alycia was affected by Nicole? It's been reported that he proposed but they never made it down the isle??? Generally speaking I think most people can tell when their partner is not being faithful. There are tons of red flags. I wonder if Alycia knew of Nicole, or other women and backed out.

I also wonder what Alycia's reaction was when she saw the interview. Can you imagine if they were already married and it came out?

It would probably be the same type of scandal.

But I don't think those things had anything to do with each other, except NC admitted being totally vexed at the mention of PA with someone else, that's for sure. I don't believe that anyone that PA was seeing (if there was anyone) knew about NC, imo. :p

He only 'saw' NC once a month for 1 reason, even thought it went on she said for quite a while.

Last edited:
I had read somewhere that some of Albert's friends had warned him against seeing Nicole. Could be gossip but I did read it. Still, it would be interesting to know what happend between Albert and Alycia.

That would probably be a different thread too:p :)

I do wonder how Alexandre is doing though, although my best guess is that he is doing far better than many people
and is just fine:) :p

No worries for little Alexandre. He's a sweetie pie!:) :)

Last edited:
There is an Administrative request just above,#189 asking that..".Please stop reposting and rehashing what has already been said.... "

On post 190 I posted a reference to an interview by PA where he felt that his seeing his children would depend upon what his relationship with the mother is. Some posters branched out on events that were past and had been rehashed many times--same poster, same thread. I suppose they were thought to be pertinent, why maybe Alex might not get seen. Therein pursued an exchange of unkind,not proven,nor refererenced to, some of them re NC's saga.

This post is entitled NC/Alex. Why is it that no one ever says anything positive,rarely, about her? Nothing that places her in the realm of human beings like the rest of us. I attempted to and shall try again.

I said that. These personal renderings of her life only represented a segment
of her life. That according to her biography she came to Paris at 17, finished school, took University courses. Was married and in that order produced two lovely sons. And yes I said this present affair had been vulgarized, but had brought us our own little Alexandre.

And yes, as is my privilege in her interviews ,beneath unfortunate words, I see a refreshing human being. So there's my tribute to her. (Cleaned up a bit,but determined to be fair)

I wonder what NC has done with regards to her other 2 children?

Does she see them at all? does she send them presents or have them visit her at her home at all?

As their mother, is she tending to their needs?

Surely her 2 other children would need a mother because they are still children too, even though they are not with her.:)

She has lots of cash and lots of free time, so I wonder if she does anything at all for her other 2 sons --- like take them on fun vacations to the beach or ride a bicycle with them or help them with their school work or things like that?

I would guess she would be obviously devoted to the 1 child she has with PA, but does she ever spend any of her attention at all for the children she had with her ex-husband?

I think if she were doing anything for her other children, it would be nice.

I'm sure they would appreciate it and they would feel like their mother cared about them too, just the same like she cares about Alexandre.:p

Last edited:
Well, since we aren't in a position to know what she's doing, there's not a lot of point in speculating. I don't know if you meant it that way, but your post comes across as having the subtext "she's neglecting her other children because they aren't as financially advantageous to her." I do hope that wasn't intentional.

no, that wasn't the intent at all.

but I do see your point:) when I re-read it and I hope no one else reads it that way, because that would certainly not be my intention...

Last edited:
This post is entitled NC/Alex. Why is it that no one ever says anything positive,rarely, about her? Nothing that places her in the realm of human beings like the rest of us

I completely agree with Neat2912 we can't judge NC because of her affair with PA and the birth of their son. I hope both NC and PA raise Alexandre to feel loved and cherished not to feel like he is a mistake.:flowers:

I blame both Nicole and Albert for sleeping together knowing that she coud have gotten pregnant. And that's what happen forget about race use common sense something that neither one of them used.And poor Alex is stuck in this mess that parents created by having him.I think he did not want have children but still and ended up having children.

I wonder what kinds of gifts little Alex received from dear old dad?

altagrace said:
Let us look at facts, just the facts:
When the story about Nicole Coste came out the immediate criticisms can be summarized as follows: gold digger, she only wants publicity, she is self-centered, she trapped him, who dees she think she is etc...
When the Jazmin/Tamara story broke out, the reaction was much more subdued: Wow! really! nice girl, she was right all along.
WHy such a different reaction in what are really 2 very similar situations? (In fact you could argue Nicole was on more solid grounds having had a relationship with Albert on and off for 5 years, while Tamara was like a one-night stand or a 1 week stand) The only difference -other than race- in the situations I see is that Nicole -aided by the French media- was much more effective at making her case public than Tamara -& american lawyers- was.
So what is the explanation then why Two women in a similar situation, doing more or less the same thing are judged so differently?

You have to admit just may be Racism IS the explanantion! This is not open racism, but the worse, more subtle form, the one which hides as "criticism".
Very good, altagrace. Some things are just simple.

Lillia said:
...I do not think anyone has said that they thought the TR situation is the result of someone who was trying to 'trap' anyone else. At least not by the way I interpret it. TR and PA seemed to have been having a quite literal 'one night stand' in the truest sense (regardless of anyones opinion of it) and she got pregnant by accident. My comment is not a a statement on anything that was done (or not done) after she had her child. I agree Albert could have handled it differently, but what's done is done.

NC describee a situation herself that many people interpreted as having trapped Albert into parenthood as a means to hold on to a by-gone relationship. Agree or not, it is what many have thought based on what she described. She even said that Albert said to her that he felt she trapped him with her 'accidental' pregnancy situation.

I think those are big differences in themselves. And in any event, whats done is done. It's all past now and that's it.:)
I don't see how anyone can make a judgement that NC "trapped" Albert into parenthood while concluding that poor TR and her one-month stand with Albert was not "trapping" him into fathering her child. No one can know that so why does TR get the benefit of the doubt? She's no better.

My personal opinion is that they both were looking to get pregnant for whatever reason and be taken care of for the rest of their lives. In TR's case, she has given interviews in the past implying that Jazmin was the heir to Monaco's throne. Imo, they both wanted a connection to Albert, his money and his families, both the Kelly's and the Grimaldi's.

sashajones said:
I wonder what kinds of gifts little Alex received from dear old dad?

I hope we never find out. The details surrounding that little boy's life need to be kept as private as possible for his own sake. JMO

libra65 said:
I hope we never find out. The details surrounding that little boy's life need to be kept as private as possible for his own sake. JMO

AMEN. Alexandre should be brought up away from the press.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom