The Duchess of Sussex's Eveningwear Part 1: May 2018 - August 2019

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
10/10 for me, Meghan nailed it! Best outfit for me so far.

The square neckline makes this for me. She looks so radiant.

I do wonder if she's doing her own makeup. The reporters were given a list of people they brought with them, and it included a hair stylist but no makeup artist. If that's the case, she needs to stick with this look. I will never complain about it not changing.

If most of her make-up is done by artist, he or she is not a credit to the profession. She really has a problem with blending most of the time.

If she is doing her makeup herself she is really good at it, she looks fantastic

I love Meghan's black dress from last night, but like others I would love to see her in less sombre colours. I know she prefers darker hues but it was such a refreshing change to see her in the lovely yellow dress the other day.

Great photo of the couple. They are both in dark colors, but lucky them, the back ground is green.

Yeah, that's a lovely photo of the royal duo. From the front, Prince Harry looks like he still has a full head of hair. ?

I really love the Emilia Wickstead dress, at this standalone event. I had been a bit critical of Meghan choosing overly conservative hemlines and too much black. But this dress simply works, especially for an evening garden party. And Meghan looks altogether divine. Love her hair, her earrings, the clutch, the shoes, the styling of the dress, especially the square-cut bodice and wide straps with sleeveless arms. And the color and hemline work very well for this outing. No criticisms from me here. :heart2:

I’m glad she’s in EW. Remember the kerfluffle over the weddding dress. Sophie Wessex has worn EW a few times since and nice to see Meghan supporting the brand.

^I am not. This is the only Wickstead I've liked in a long. I think the comments she made were much ado about nothing, but her designs are nothing to write home about.There is maybe one Wickstead besides this that I've liked a royal in and that is Sophie's brown/beige horse dress.

^I am not. This is the only Wickstead I've liked in a long. I think the comments she made were much ado about nothing, but her designs are nothing to write home about.There is maybe one Wickstead besides this that I've liked a royal in and that is Sophie's brown/beige horse dress.

I agree. I always found Wickstead to be rather more of a blunder than chic. I can't exactly describe it, but her designs just look so dated to me in what should be in style. A lot of her stuff just looks chunky.

Honestly, the only reason this one works is because it doesn't have much going on other than the neckline, which bothers me slightly, but it's doable with everything else that's going on (her makeup, earrings, etc.) and not going on (ANYTHING like her pleating on the skirt).

Last edited:
Here’s a selection of Ulrich Engler’s gowns, some of which (not all) look to be quite suited to the Duchess and her style. One of the models somewhat resembles Meghan.

Ulrich Engler Couture London – Elegance is unchanging and timeless

And here’s an article describing an exhibition of his work for the Countess of Derby, and oh, how I would love to see it!

https://www.tatler.com/article/countess-of-derby

Thanks for those links. Ulrich Engler makes some gorgeous clothing.

Omg, I need to see HQs still, but this may become my favorite!!!

It’s Judith and Charles Tuxedo Dress, btw.
Canadian for folks who track that stuff.

Last edited by a moderator:
NEED.HQS.NOW!!!

Anyways, good evening to all! :lol:

BTW, the dress is by Judith and Charles.

Whew. I like it. Show them legs.

A little too much leg imo. (..) she normally wears outfits mid calf.

(..)
I like it because it, she seems comfortable in it and not like she is dressing for the royal family.

The dress seems nice by itself but it's completely the wrong dress for her body type. She needs a stylist who knows how to dress her body type.

A little too much leg imo. (..) and she normally wears outfits mid calf.

Just because midi is the new trend and she wears it more often now hardly makes it she normally wears. She's worn plenty of short skirts in her life. :lol:

Ohhhhh, this is new... I think, I like it. Nice change of pace. https://www.instagram.com/p/BnEks01BjIj/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=16a0jnlvmeicb
ETA: It's a 'Judith and Charles' Tuxedo dress. (Canadian)

Love it! :flowers: And absolutely no fru-fru (or bling). Interesting style.

Yep, she is very akin to Letizia in her choices. :flowers: Business-like. Minimalist.

Just because midi is the new trend and she wears it more often now hardly makes it she normally wears. She's worn plenty of short skirts in her life. :lol:

Not when she was HRH....:whistling:

I also do not find this too short for an evening theater event either.

Imma need a good copy cat of this outfit I can get! I have a few theater events I am attending this fall lol.

Now am I supposed to “:lol:” as well? Short skirts do Meghan absolutely no favours. (..) definitely not her best look. Not a royal look imo.

Huh? Did I say you have to?

As for legs, plenty of women wish for thinner legs. It allows you to pull off a lot more styles.

:previous:Zaira
It is the way that some can do as they please here and there and everywhere...I love the dress, so Meghan has what we call *legs*......where are my pearls for they are in need of a good clutching right now....she looks great, like the hair and the make-up from what I see.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom