Queen Letizia's Evening Wear Part 2: April 2015 - July 2016

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
A necklace or bracelet might have brightened up her austere puritan look,her earring however are very lovely.

I honestly don't think Letizia's look required more light.. it is just the fabric that looks to heavy IMO

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this outfit. The colours are nice and suit Letizia, and I like the top, though I'm not a fan of the trousers. They appear to be a little baggy.

Hmm, I'm not sure how I feel about this outfit. The colours are nice and suit Letizia, and I like the top, though I'm not a fan of the trousers. They appear to be a little baggy.

Trousers are a bit fuller than Queen usually wears, but then most people on this forum constantly find fault with her straight slim line pants as they accent her slim figure. She probably is getting a collection of all different cuts [like we all do] and will change off whenever the whim suits her. I too would have enjoyed a necklace or pin but she is just not into all that. Maybe she will be later in life like Sofia. Letizia is just not the type to flaunt riches and jewelry. That doesn't bother me that she doesn't wear to suit others. But, I would love to see them all at one point, just not anything over gaudy as some when they over do.

I like the top but not the pants.

there's some controversy in the press about the queen's use of transparencies:

La Reina Letizia se atreve con las transparencias | Moda | EL MUNDO

i personally don't think it's a really good look for a queen or for a protocolar outing myself, i wonder what letizia was thinking...

I agree, but then I don't feel I have to look at anyone's underwear, either male or female, unless in an advertisement to sell them. I can't believe she didn't know or that someone didn't tell her how people would react. Who knows, just one of those really odd moments. Doesn't seem to bother Felipe, really odd.

God what was she thinking? Did she really noticed it? Unacceptable for a Queen. Almost 43 and mum. Tragic.

She want to be a modern Queen but sometimes is to much.

A very nice outfit and Letizia looks good on it. Of course she should have worn a camisole under her top but it doesn't look that bad. The top is really pretty. And I especially appreciate that she didn't wear bright colours since it was only a week after her grandfather's death.

I'm sorry. It is highly hypocrisy to wear black to show you are mourning and to exhibit the totality of your bra.

I agree, but then I don't feel I have to look at anyone's underwear, either male or female, unless in an advertisement to sell them. I can't believe she didn't know or that someone didn't tell her how people would react. Who knows, just one of those really odd moments. Doesn't seem to bother Felipe, really odd.
God what was she thinking? Did she really noticed it? Unacceptable for a Queen. Almost 43 and mum. Tragic.
She want to be a modern Queen but sometimes is to much.
Oh well we've heard all the excuses before. She doesn't want to "flaunt" the family jewels in these hard times. Okay, I can get on board with that except it's a brazen and hypocritical lie. Those jewels are old and historic and when wearing them she is representing her country. No money is spent, they are there. It means nothing, but she trots out her daughter for a truly cringeworthy mummy-and-me photo shot wearing the same top as her child. Very economical, But the "economy" stops there as her collection of designer clothing attests.

She seems to have a large bulge in her designer wardrobe with a formidable number of LBD's none of which come cheaply and now she's splashed on papers at every supermarket or corner store, the following day sporting photos of see-through tops and what looks like (but isn't) LBD with a transparent back. Hardly dignified for the Queen of Spain at a formal occasion.
A very nice outfit and Letizia looks good on it. Of course she should have worn a camisole under her top but it doesn't look that bad. The top is really pretty. And I especially appreciate that she didn't wear bright colours since it was only a week after her grandfather's death.
I'm sorry. It is highly hypocrisy to wear black to show you are mourning and to exhibit the totality of your bra.
A camisole would have been "nice" but the Queen of Spain should not be going around flaunting her dress style as proof she's one of the people and feels their pain. She isn't and she doesn't as her wardrobe attests. As for mourning, I don't think transparent tops factored in at all.

Spain is on a cusp of change and it seems it could go either way. The SRF should be quietly reinforcing the good they have done and are doing for their country. Letizia's risque ensembles are totally undignified and should be saved for private engagements with friends and family, after all, it is not as though she hasn't got other ensembles to choose from.

Letizia's questionable taste should not be headlining at this time, and if she's just another celebrity, who needs a SRF!

Trousers are a bit fuller than Queen usually wears, but then most people on this forum constantly find fault with her straight slim line pants as they accent her slim figure. She probably is getting a collection of all different cuts [like we all do] and will change off whenever the whim suits her. I too would have enjoyed a necklace or pin but she is just not into all that. Maybe she will be later in life like Sofia. Letizia is just not the type to flaunt riches and jewelry. That doesn't bother me that she doesn't wear to suit others. But, I would love to see them all at one point, just not anything over gaudy as some when they over do.

I know you said "most people", but I don't think I constantly find fault with her trousers... as I said before, they just seemed a little baggy to me this time.

It is just an accident, the effect of harsh flashlight in combination with ultrathin delicate textures. Aside from that, I find that Doña Letizia does not dress as a Queen. She is a good dresser, a stylish lady, but I do often miss the royal touch, royal flair. I can not explain. Her sister-in-law Doña Elena has "it".

But allez, here she is on vacation, let us not judge her with normal standards. When I am holidaying in France or Spain, I do dress far more casual than in daily life. I think we all do.

If my Grandfather had just died I doubt my priority would be if the camera flash would or would not expose my underwear. It could have been alot worse!

It is just an accident, the effect of harsh flashlight in combination with ultrathin delicate textures. Aside from that, I find that Doña Letizia does not dress as a Queen. She is a good dresser, a stylish lady, but I do often miss the royal touch, royal flair. I can not explain. Her sister-in-law Doña Elena has "it".

But allez, here she is on vacation, let us not judge her with normal standards. When I am holidaying in France or Spain, I do dress far more casual than in daily life. I think we all do.

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Elena at best looks overdone and at least looks frumpy. There is nothing "it" about her style, IMO, of course. I suspect that her "it" is much more a function of her royal birth than anything else.:ermm:

I'm sorry, I just don't see it. Elena at best looks overdone and at least looks frumpy. There is nothing "it" about her style, IMO, of course. I suspect that her "it" is much more a function of her royal birth than anything else.:ermm:

I don't think it is her royal birth. After all her younger sister Doña Cristina is from the same royal father and royal mother but she does not have 'it'. That is more than about clothes, it is about a natural preseance, ability to connect with people and self-assuredness. Infanta Doña Elena simply dares go beyond the marked paths, often takes the initiative during her royal engagements or does spontaneous acts while Doña Letizia seems to cling with her well-manicured nails into a sort of royal mould she is pressed into.

From all prominent royal ladies, Doña Letizia has the flattest profile, barely escaping the shadow of her husband. The other extreme is Queen Máxima whom sometimes overshadows the King. I think that Doña Letizia can do with some help, some more flair, some more going beyond the chalk lines, more joie de vivre. But allez... when God is willing, she will be Queen for 30 or 40 more years, who knows how she will develop into a Grande Dame. We will see.

Last edited:

You are right that it is a side effect of the latest flash photography. That reason was totally acceptable the first time it happened when she was wearing a black top. It is not an acceptable explanation thereafter.

Vacations are fun and when one is en famille, that's okay but as one of the most photographed Queens, perhaps inadvisable. But this was not private affair but rather an annual event. A formal reception at the Almudaina Palace in Mallorca.

As to the LBD with the seemingly see-through back? That appeared at the cocktail dinner marking the end of the Peruvian President’s official visit to Spain.

http://www.queenletiziastyle.com/uploads/2/1/2/9/21295692/225939115.jpg

I am bit bored with the black and white clothing... I wish Letizia had worn something more casual but bright for the concert... I don't know, but the transparent top and the shape of the shoes seem more apt for a night out at the disco or in a lounge bar... Anyway, it was a concert, so anyone can attenf one dress as one's pleases.

I agree. I want her more casual. Look Felipe for example it was not more casual.

More casual? How can Her Majesty The Queen of Spain be more casual than she already is ???

I think she was casually dressed for a concert. Though her outfit especially the top is very unflattering. Her hair looked nice and I liked her earrings.

She looked very chic and elegant to me-the earrings looked great with the hairstyle. Maybe a little touch of color wouldn't have hurt but overall a nice casual outfit.

She looked very chic and elegant to me-the earrings looked great with the hairstyle. Maybe a little touch of color wouldn't have hurt but overall a nice casual outfit.

I agree, although a few strands of chunky summer white long beads with black and white long earrings would have set it off nicely along with black and white bracelets. A little accessorizing to complement would have pulled outfit together nicely. Black and white combo always proper and classically perfect.

Accesorizing is a point of improvement for Doña Letizia. She often looks so sober that she is more a calvinist than the Queen of vibrant and colourful Spain.

I am bit bored with the black and white clothing... I wish Letizia had worn something more casual but bright for the concert... I don't know, but the transparent top and the shape of the shoes seem more apt for a night out at the disco or in a lounge bar... Anyway, it was a concert, so anyone can attenf one dress as one's pleases.

I have to agree and I wish Letizia would accessorize a little more bracelets/beads to break up the sombre black minimal look ,her earrings were a nice touch.

I have to agree and I wish Letizia would accessorize a little more bracelets/beads to break up the sombre black minimal look ,her earrings were a nice touch.

I think that the main reason why Letizia doesn't accesorize much is because she is said to be allergic or "sensitive" to gold etc... Especially on her fingers:flowers:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom