The Royal Forums Coat of Arms


Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #41  
Old 07-09-2005, 03:10 PM
Royalsa's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Near Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 132
Update..

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Watcher
From http://www.angelfire.com/in/heinbruins/Sorreguieta.html
------------------------------------------------------------------
1.1.2.1.2.Jorge Horacio Zorreguieta Stefanini (*1928), m.1st 1956 (div) Martha López Gil (*1935), m.2nd 1970 María del Carmen Cerruti Carricart (*1944)
1.1.2.1.2.1.María Zorreguieta López Gil (*1956)
1.1.2.1.2.2.Ángeles Zorreguieta López Gil (*1958), m.1st Fernando Galante, m.2nd Adrián Vojnov
1.1.2.1.2.2.1.Sebastián Galante Zorreguieta
1.1.2.1.2.2.2.Facundo Galante Zorreguieta
1.1.2.1.2.2.3.Ana Vojnov Zorreguieta (*1996)
1.1.2.1.2.3.Dolores Zorreguieta López Gil (*1965), m. Harmond Grad Lewis
1.1.2.1.2.4.Máxima Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1971), m.2002 Prince Willem-Alexander of the Netherlands, Prince of Orange (*1967)
1.1.2.1.2.4.1.Princess Catharina-Amalia of the Netherlands (*2003)
1.1.2.1.2.4.2.Princess Alexia of the Netherlands (*2005)
1.1.2.1.2.5.Martín Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1972), m. (div?) Mariana Andrés
1.1.2.1.2.6.Juan Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1982)
1.1.2.1.2.7.Inés Zorreguieta Cerruti (*1984)
An update to the genealogy of princess Máxima.
__________________

__________________
  #42  
Old 07-09-2005, 03:45 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,245
Until reading the latest posts I never knew that Maxima had ever publicly commented on her father's role in the deaths of hundreds of Argentinians. I had always been (wrongly apparently) been under the impression that she had never addressed the matter because of her relationship with Willem and the need for the Dutch royal family to be politically neutral.

On the one hand I guess it could be perceived as a daughter's absolute devotion to her father, but on the other hand, for someone as intelligent as Maxima it seems rather naive for her to believe that her father was completely ignorant of what his own co-workers were doing in ordering/allowing those deaths. (If you really believe his innocence, then the flip side would be that he was a pretty unintelligent man to not have been aware of what was going on even on a minimal level.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlota
just a little point out: maxima's father wasn't a dictator in the argentinian military service. he was just the minister of agriculture, not even the defense or militar one, so i guess that he didn't have anything to do with all those deaths.
I have to agree with hannelore on this one: Everyone who was part of that government is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Argentinians. You needn't not have directly ordered those deaths or be the leader to be held responsible or accountable. If you were aware of what was going on and stood by and allowed for such deaths to take place then you are partially responsible.
__________________

__________________
  #43  
Old 07-09-2005, 04:00 PM
Larzen's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Posts: 2,819
Quote:
Originally Posted by Alexandria
I have to agree with hannelore on this one: Everyone who was part of that government is responsible for the deaths of hundreds of Argentinians. You needn't not have directly ordered those deaths or be the leader to be held responsible or accountable. If you were aware of what was going on and stood by and allowed for such deaths to take place then you are partially responsible.
We are not talking about hundreds of Argentinians, but thousands, more than 10 000 people disappeared. Now noone thinks that Zorreguieta dropped people from planes into the ocean himself, but surly he knew someone did it. I find it rather unbelivable that a minister would not know what the rest of his goverment was up to. Does anyone know how long he was part of the goverment, was he a member till Videla retired in 1981?

Here is chronology of the "Dirty War"
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/videla.html
__________________
  #44  
Old 07-09-2005, 04:07 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Jan 2003
Location: , Canada
Posts: 3,245
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
We are not talking about hundreds of Argentinians, but thousands, more than 10 000 people disappeared. Now noone thinks that Zorreguieta dropped people from planes into the ocean himself, but surly he knew someone did it. I find it rather unbelivable that a minister would not know what the rest of his goverment was up to. Does anyone know how long he was part of the goverment, was he a member till Videla retired in 1981?

Here is chronology of the "Dirty War"
http://www.moreorless.au.com/killers/videla.html
My mistake; thanks for the correction Larzen.

It makes the denial of Zorreguieta's participation even worst by him and his daughter.
__________________
  #45  
Old 07-09-2005, 06:54 PM
Piewi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
just a little point out: maxima's father wasn't a dictator in the argentinian military service. he was just the minister of agriculture, not even the defense or militar one, so i guess that he didn't have anything to do with all those deaths.
Yes, but he knew what was happening. He had go. And if Maxima say this:"saying that she believes her father when he says he did not know what was happening to the victims is hilarious, like if all the ministers whispered to each other "lets not tell zorregieta, he is too sensitive to know the truth", she is a stupid. She hasn´t god face to say that
__________________
  #46  
Old 07-09-2005, 08:42 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
Yes, but he knew what was happening. He had go. And if Maxima say this:"saying that she believes her father when he says he did not know what was happening to the victims is hilarious, like if all the ministers whispered to each other "lets not tell zorregieta, he is too sensitive to know the truth", she is a stupid. She hasn´t god face to say that
Piewi, I totally agree that Zorregieta knew exactly what was going on. But telling that Maxima is stupid for believing her OWN father seems really harsh to me.
Would have been my father, I would have choose to believe him as well.
Please try to understand what it's could be to have people accusing your dad to be an accomplice to a murderer. You'll certainly be in denial as well. Can you really blame her for trusting her dad?
This lie (on more), this time to his own family, makes Zorregieta more evil to my eyes; but Maxima remains a loving and thus naive daughter, IMO.
__________________
  #47  
Old 07-09-2005, 08:49 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Linda, this pic of maxima on your avatar is awesome, where did you get the full-sized version?
__________________
  #48  
Old 07-09-2005, 09:55 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larzen
Does anyone know how long he was part of the goverment, was he a member till Videla retired in 1981?
Jorge was a member of the military regime from April 1976 to March 1981.
__________________
  #49  
Old 07-09-2005, 10:12 PM
Alisa's Avatar
Royal Highness
 
Join Date: Oct 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 1,852
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Piewi, I totally agree that Zorregieta knew exactly what was going on. But telling that Maxima is stupid for believing her OWN father seems really harsh to me.
Would have been my father, I would have choose to believe him as well.
Please try to understand what it's could be to have people accusing your dad to be an accomplice to a murderer. You'll certainly be in denial as well. Can you really blame her for trusting her dad?
This lie (on more), this time to his own family, makes Zorregieta more evil to my eyes; but Maxima remains a loving and thus naive daughter, IMO.
It is entirely possible to love one's parent but to condemn other aspects of their life. Máxima's elder sister clearly demonstrated this when she herself spoke out against the Videla regime.I personally find it difficult to believe someone as intelligent and smart as Máxima good be either stupid or naive about the Videla regime and her father's involvement.
__________________
  #50  
Old 07-10-2005, 05:27 PM
Piewi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Piewi, I totally agree that Zorregieta knew exactly what was going on. But telling that Maxima is stupid for believing her OWN father seems really harsh to me.
Would have been my father, I would have choose to believe him as well.
Please try to understand what it's could be to have people accusing your dad to be an accomplice to a murderer. You'll certainly be in denial as well. Can you really blame her for trusting her dad?
This lie (on more), this time to his own family, makes Zorregieta more evil to my eyes; but Maxima remains a loving and thus naive daughter, IMO.
Yes, you are right, the word "stupid" was too rude, sorry.:o
Anyway, although he is her father and we believe in our father, she can´t say that. She lived in Argentina, everybody here know what happened and she is older enough for believe that.
My point is how she can say that. Ok, she trust in her father, but while she is saying it, is hurting the families of more than 10000 people. If she believes in it, is her problem, but she can´t tell that.
__________________
  #51  
Old 07-10-2005, 07:09 PM
Idriel's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: around, France
Posts: 1,130
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
Yes, you are right, the word "stupid" was too rude, sorry.:o
Anyway, although he is her father and we believe in our father, she can´t say that. She lived in Argentina, everybody here know what happened and she is older enough for believe that.
My point is how she can say that. Ok, she trust in her father, but while she is saying it, is hurting the families of more than 10000 people. If she believes in it, is her problem, but she can´t tell that.
I understand your point. Clearly it was undiplomatic from her to even comment on that. Silence would have been a better option.
__________________
  #52  
Old 07-11-2005, 02:53 AM
susan alicia's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 2,539
silence was not an option, it was a question on a tv interview WA and maxima gave for the dutch and one of many questions put to them. The interviewer is always a likeable professional and the palace knew on beforehand that something of this sort would be asked.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
I understand your point. Clearly it was undiplomatic from her to even comment on that. Silence would have been a better option.
__________________
  #53  
Old 09-02-2005, 03:52 PM
The Watcher's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: , Netherlands
Posts: 899
HEADLINE: Royals Siblings Play Polo in Snow
LOCATION: Angostura, ARGENTINA
DOC DATE: Aug/29/2005
PHOTOGRAPHER: ARGENPRESS/Action Press
CAPTION: Princess Máxima's brother MARTIN ZORREGUIETA and Fergie's cousin MARTIN BARRANTES compete in snow Polo.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	zumalive237715.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	38.4 KB
ID:	188788   Click image for larger version

Name:	zumalive237716.jpg
Views:	82
Size:	31.6 KB
ID:	188789   Click image for larger version

Name:	zumalive237719.jpg
Views:	138
Size:	33.0 KB
ID:	188790   Click image for larger version

Name:	zumalive237722.jpg
Views:	113
Size:	33.6 KB
ID:	188791  

Click image for larger version

Name:	zumalive237723.jpg
Views:	122
Size:	28.6 KB
ID:	188792   Click image for larger version

Name:	zumalive237727.jpg
Views:	107
Size:	32.5 KB
ID:	188793  
__________________
Nederlandstalig forum - All Things Royal
Princess Maxima Message Board
  #54  
Old 09-03-2005, 02:55 PM
Piewi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 1,353
I didn´t know that Martin Barrantes is Fergie cousin. He was the husband of a famous model ("pampita") but they´ve divorse aparently becouse he didn´t work! lol. Anyway that doesn´t matter.

BTW i´d love to be in Villa la Angostura now, is such a beautiful place
__________________
  #55  
Old 09-09-2005, 08:15 AM
pollyemma's Avatar
Heir Presumptive
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Washington,DC, United States
Posts: 2,019
Does he get media coverage like this because of Maxima or did photographers just generally take photos of all the polo players?
__________________
  #56  
Old 09-09-2005, 03:57 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: NY, United States
Posts: 120
Quote:
Originally Posted by Piewi
I didn´t know that Martin Barrantes is Fergie cousin. He was the husband of a famous model ("pampita") but they´ve divorse aparently becouse he didn´t work! lol. Anyway that doesn´t matter.

BTW i´d love to be in Villa la Angostura now, is such a beautiful place
Step cousin, I believe.
__________________
  #57  
Old 09-12-2005, 07:26 AM
Marengo's Avatar
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author
 
Join Date: Aug 2004
Location: Amsterdam, Netherlands
Posts: 13,882
Isn't Martin Zorreguietta divorcing his wife (if they were married, the couple broke up anyway), it was said he cheated on her with a waitress (they owned a restaurant).
__________________
TRF Rules and FAQ
  #58  
Old 09-12-2005, 07:54 AM
carlota's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Location: , United States
Posts: 5,507
sometimes we just hear about one side of the story: although many people didn't like that dictatory regime, others still mantain that that period of time was the only one when there was safety in argentina's streets. there were many things that were just wrong but some others were great improvements. by that time, argentina was the place where many nazi's and people from europe wanting to improve their economical situations emigrated and this is a hard situation to control. with this i'm not justifing all those innocent deaths but saying that maybe there's another part we don't know about. political things are tough areas to give opinions about.
__________________
Sign the United Nations Universal Declaration on Animal Welfare: http://www.animalsmatter.org
YOUR DAILY CLICK HELPS ANIMALS SURVIVE!
Feed an animal in need, click for free.
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
  #59  
Old 09-18-2005, 05:38 PM
Piewi's Avatar
Serene Highness
 
Join Date: Feb 2005
Location: BA, Argentina
Posts: 1,353
Quote:
Originally Posted by pollyemma
Does he get media coverage like this because of Maxima or did photographers just generally take photos of all the polo players?
I think it´s becouse he is Maxima´s brother, nobody is interested in polo players
__________________
  #60  
Old 09-18-2005, 06:09 PM
Princess Maxima's Avatar
Courtier
Picture of the Month Representative - The Netherlands
 
Join Date: Jan 2004
Location: Buenos Aires, Argentina
Posts: 1,025
Today Martín appeared in a wine advertsement playing polo in "La Nación" magazine
__________________

__________________
Reina Máxima
Closed Thread

Tags
cerruti, family, maxima, princess maxima, zorreguieta


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Crown Princess Máxima - Current Events Part 9 (Sep-Dec 2007) Marengo Current Events Archive 185 11-10-2007 06:32 PM
Crown Princess Máxima - Current Events Part 8 (Jun-Sep 2007) Marengo Current Events Archive 182 09-03-2007 07:14 PM
Crown Princess Máxima - Current Events: Part 5 (Oct 2006-Jan 2007) Marengo Current Events Archive 186 01-18-2007 07:37 AM
Crown Princess Maxima Jewellery 1: February 2003-November 2006 Josefine Royal Jewels 187 11-29-2006 03:11 PM
Crown Princess Máxima: Current Events, Part 3 (May-Jun 2006) Anna_R Current Events Archive 193 06-11-2006 01:51 PM




Additional Links
Popular Tags
abdication birth birthday bourbon-parma camilla charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown prince haakon crown princess letizia crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria danish royals engagement fashion genealogy grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri habsburg hereditary grand duchess stéphanie hereditary grand duke guillaume hohenzollern infanta elena king abdullah king abdullah ii king albert ii king carl xvi gustav king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander norway picture thread pom pregnancy prince albert prince albert ii prince constantijn prince felipe prince felix prince frederik prince henrik prince joachim princess princess alexia (2005 -) princess ariane princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess haya princess laurentien princess letizia princess mabel princess madeleine princess marie princess mary princess maxima princess of orange queen mathilde queen maxima queen rania queen silvia queen sofia relationship royal russia state visit wedding willem-alexander william


Our Communities

Our communities encompass many different hobbies and interests, but each one is built on friendly, intelligent membership.

» More about our Communities

Automotive Communities

Our Automotive communities encompass many different makes and models. From U.S. domestics to European Saloons.

» More about our Automotive Communities

RV & Travel Trailer Communities

Our RV & Travel Trailer sites encompasses virtually all types of Recreational Vehicles, from brand-specific to general RV communities.

» More about our RV Communities

Marine Communities

Our Marine websites focus on Cruising and Sailing Vessels, including forums and the largest cruising Wiki project on the web today.

» More about our Marine Communities


Copyright 2002-2012 Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 11:55 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]