Queen Máxima, Current Events Part 1 (May 2013 - October 2017)

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Louis Napoleon Bonaparte, King of Holland (brother of Emperor Napoleon) established the Netherlands version of the Prix de Rome in 1808.

Willem I of Orange-Nassau, King of the Netherlands (including today's Belgium) and Grand-Duke of Luxembourg established the Koninklijke Academie voor de Schone Kunsten / Académie Royale des Beaux-Arts in 1817 and coupled the Prix de Rome to that new prestigious academy with the donation of a formidable capital to fund the prize money (including a year long free "Grand Tour" through Europe for promising artists).

Today, January 7, Queen Máxima attended the signing of a loan of 100 million euros from the European Investment Bank (EIB) to Qredits Microfinance Netherlands at the Hermitage in Amsterdam.

** ppe gallery ** anp gallery ** belga **

HM Queen Máxima will meet the new President of Argentina,Mr.Macri,during the World Economic Forum at Davos this thursday january 21st accompanied by the Dutch PM Mark Rutte.

Queen Maxima in Davos for the World Economic Forum. January 20

Inger Andersen ‏@andersen_inger Queen Maxima of #Netherlands makes powerful appeal for imperative of financial inclusion 4 rural households. @Davos https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZLwC8xWQAApoao.jpg

Winnie Byanyima ‏@Winnie_Byanyima
Queen Maxima of the #Netherlands underscored importance of data & partnerships 2 implement #GlobalGoals #WEF16 https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZL88FlWYAAFi-g.jpg

Queen Maxima today in Davos

Michael Stewart ‏@michael_stewart Fascinating breakfast discussion on financial participation #WEF16 #Paypal #QueenMaxima #Dan_Schulman #alansmurray https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZOeY2hWQAA9mWv.jpg

Last edited:
Queen Maxima met the new President of Argentina, Mr. Mauricio Macri, at the World Economic Forum in Davos, January 21. The Dutch Prime Minister, Mark Rutte and the wife of the President, Juliana Awada were present as well.

El Presidente se reunió con la reina Máxima y el Primer Ministro de Holanda

Queen Maxima today, January 22, in Davos

Koninklijk Huis ‏@koninklijkhuis Koningin Máxima voor @UN bij #wef16 in #Davos voor #inclusievefinanciering https://pbs.twimg.com/media/CZUjVJ3WkAEhqtY.jpg:large

Last edited:
is there a video of the queen meeting the new argentinian president at wife? the pictures look like they were happy to finally meet :)

I haven't found a video, but maybe Blauw Bloed will have an item on it tonight. I am sure Máxima is thrilled with the new president. Kirchner wasn't very popular among the higher classes of Argentina -and that is an understatement.

The NOS has has a blog about Davos. The journalist -who often has an interesting angle- labels the Davos meeting as a modern-style court ball: mainly useful for networking and for PR, to sell the message 'we matter'. Despite all that the journalist noticed that HM was playing her role very well and she was like a fish in water.

Koningin Máxima goed op haar plaats in Davos | NOS

Meeting the Queen - BuenosAiresHerald.com

The new Argentinean President , Mauricio Macri, meeting the Queen Maxima.

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/1864071-muricio-macri-reina-maxima-zorreguieta-davos-holanda

Mauricio Macri, junto a la reina Máxima de Holanda - 21.01.2016 - LA NACION *
Meeting the Queen - BuenosAiresHerald.com

I haven't found a video, but maybe Blauw Bloed will have an item on it tonight. I am sure Máxima is thrilled with the new president. Kirchner wasn't very popular among the higher classes of Argentina -and that is an understatement.

The NOS has has a blog about Davos. The journalist -who often has an interesting angle- labels the Davos meeting as a modern-style court ball: mainly useful for networking and for PR, to sell the message 'we matter'. Despite all that the journalist noticed that HM was playing her role very well and she was like a fish in water.

Koningin Máxima goed op haar plaats in Davos | NOS

I am sure she is . There are no comparation with Kirchner, She was the worst at all levels. Mr Mauricio Macri is a person with class, education, intelligent and on top of that he is even handsome:flowers: I am sure The Queen is very happy and I can guess her family in argentina vote for him. I am sure we will see them working together in the future. :)

Last edited by a moderator:
Queen Maxima meeting the Pakistani PM in Davos (article and picture): Govt empowering youth to boost development: PM - Newspaper - DAWN.COM

"In an audience with Queen Maxima of Netherlands at the World Economic Forum Congress Centre here, the prime minister said his government was working to provide the youth greater access to education, economic resources, and employment opportunities, to enable them to become equal partners in national economic development.

Queen Maxima said she was looking forward to her visit to Pakistan, her first to the country."

Queen Maxima attended the opening of the Rotterdam International Film Festival. January 27

Getty Images ** ANP Foto

Last edited:
Last edited:

Queen Máxima launched the sixth edition of the Money Week at the De Twaalfruiter school in Vleuten this morning, March 14:

** anp gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** belga ** ppe gallery **

** dpp gallery: Queen Maxima opens Money Week 2016 **

** refdag.nl gallery: Koningin Máxima schuift aan in de klas (fotoserie) **

And later today Máxima attended the award ceremony of the Geuzenpenning in Vlaardingen. This year the award goes to the Migrant Offshore Aid Station (MOAS), a private organization that rescues refugees on the sea.

** anp gallery ** robinutrecht.photoshelter gallery ** belga ** ppe gallery **

Last edited:
21-03-2016 Noordwijk Arrival of Queen Maxima for the presentation of the Dutch Prix Veuve Clicquot business woman of the year in Huis ter Duin in Noordwijk.
This international award is for business women which promos female entrepreneurship and management.
The award is a tribute to Barbe-Nicole Clicquot Ponsardin, who led, in the early nineteenth century, the champagne house Veuve Clicquot.

PPE agency ** dutchphotopress.com ** www.refdag.nl ** robinutrecht.photoshelter.com

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L0Ifayx2uy8

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom