Máxima in the Argentinian Media

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Verde Esmeralda

Courtier
City
Buenos Aires
Country
Argentina
I was thinking about opening a thread to share Máxima's appearances / press coverage in Argentina - with all TRF members. I will try to explain or translate the main highlights of the info provided to English - since most of it is in Spanish...

I would like to begin with a picture of Máxima and WA that will be featured in a very interesting annual national photojournalism exhibition (among other 300 pictures on diverse topics, such as politics, nature, culture, etc, taken in our country during year 2006). This picture was taken during the official state visit in 2006 (yes yes, the guy with the funny expression is our President):

http://www.lanacion.com.ar/anexos/imagen/07/692886.JPG

The exhibition will take place in the Palais de Glace (Palais), for a month.

A link to the article featured in the newspaper La Nación about this exhibition, from which the picture posted above was taken (you can also click on "ver más fotos" to go further and find it):

LANACION.com

Last edited:
I would like to begin with a picture of Máxima and WA that will be featured in a very interesting annual national photojournalism exhibition (among other 300 pictures on diverse topics, such as politics, nature, culture, etc, taken in our country during year 2006). This picture was taken during the official state visit in 2006 (yes yes, the guy with the funny expression is our President):

I really look forward to attending the exhibition:rolleyes:

What a wonderful idea to start such a thread. I can't wait to see everything that will be posted here. That picture is hilarious indeed, Nestor looks so funny :D

Princess Maxima, Verde Esmeralda, what kind of press coverage does Maxima get in Argentina? Is it generally positive? And do the press there just tend to cover 'important' events, or do they infrom you of every little thing that happens?

Máxima was featured last week in two major Argentinian magazines, Caras and Gente, regarding Alexia's second birthday and its photoshoot.

Last week's Caras cover (see picture on the bottom-left corner 'El cumpleaños de la hija de Máxima') :

Revista Caras

(Go to post #152 in the thread over the photoshoot for Alexia's 2nd birthday, there you will see some pictures posted by Princess Máxima)

In Gente, the pictures were featured in several pages, but only in the inside, not in the cover.

Last edited:
Princess Maxima, Verde Esmeralda, what kind of press coverage does Maxima get in Argentina? Is it generally positive? And do the press there just tend to cover 'important' events, or do they infrom you of every little thing that happens?

Good question... well, Máxima gets a big coverage here, and I can say its always positive; the press seems to be "proud" of having an argentine princess.

It depends... for example: its BIG news when she gives birth to a daughter, or when she made the State Visit to Argentina.:flowers:

And at Caras magazine, there's always something about Máxima, covering every event she attends:rolleyes:

(Go to post #152 in the thread over the photoshoot for Alexia's 2nd birthday, there you will see some pictures posted by Princess Máxima)

In Gente, the pictures were featured in several pages, but only in the inside, not in the cover.

Here the pics from Alexia's birthday(Caras magazine)
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/maxseema/alexiacumple002.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/maxseema/alexiacumple001.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/maxseema/alexiacumple004.jpg
http://i151.photobucket.com/albums/s124/maxseema/alexiacumple003.jpg

(Caras/Southern-Press)

Let's put it this way: there is no Maximania here. However, she is featured regularly in Caras (comparable to Hola, for you to get an idea of its content)

www.caras.uol.com.ar

and Gente magazines.

Gente Online

Also in newspapers (mostly Clarín / La Nación) ... but generally, this happens when there are 'major events' and whenever she's around on a private visit to Argentina.

For instance, nothing on the "Party" magazine photos was featured... and most of the coverage on her official duties as a Princess is hard to find...i usually get the info from Hola or the Dutch media...

Last edited:
such an interesting thread! good idea to create it.

Thank you for sharing this with the rest of us.:flowers:

Princess Maxima, your magazines collection is wonderfull.!!
Thanks for share it!

Caras

If you follow these links, you can actually read the articles on the official visit to Argentina (these editions of Caras also appear in Princess Maxima's photos) and go through some other pics:

"Máxima invited her mother in law, the Queen of the Netherlands, to get to know the Glacier"
http://www.caras.uol.com.ar/edicion_1264/

"Máxima host" (a word game:could also be translated to "Maximum host")

http://www.caras.uol.com.ar/edicion_1265/

So Caras had her in the cover for two weeks in a row...

Last edited:
Iam not sure, but I think Argentinan people is not enthusiastic about Royalty.But in this case, Maxima was born in Argentina

Iam not sure, but I think Argentinan people is not enthusiastic about Royalty.But in this case, Maxima was born in Argentina

Well, we are not very involved with the subject, since we don't have royalty here or nearby...

Máxima was our first "approach" to royalty, but it is not a massive subject. People in general may like the idea of having an Argentinian-born Princess of the Netherlands, but do not feel particularly "attached" to her, or search for info on her, the Dutch Royal Family or any royals in general...

Princess Máxima and I belong to a rare breed ... :lol:

Last edited:
It's like all issues. I know people very interested in her, and other absolutely NOT interested in her. She is not a main subject of discussion, but certainly we have persons interested in Princess Maxima.

Vanesa.

It's like all issues. I know people very interested in her, and other absolutely NOT interested in her. She is not a main subject of discussion, but certainly we have persons interested in Princess Maxima.

Vanesa.

Yes that's true:) But everybody, like her or not, knows who Máxima is:rolleyes:

Argentinean People and Royalty

Most of people here, in Argentina, are not so much interested in royalty, because we don't have a monarchy here, "we're not used to" but a lot of people likes Princess Maxima.

She is so nice, she look great!!

Sorry because of my english...I don't write very good in tht language.

Well, your english seems perfectly fine to me, so don't worry about that abril :)

-
I was wondering if the Daddy Z. discussion was covered in the Argentinian serious press? What was the general tone of the articles, they understood/ appreciated the stand of the Dutch gouverment or did they wonder why they had difficulties with Jorge Z.?

Well, your english seems perfectly fine to me, so don't worry about that abril :)

-
I was wondering if the Daddy Z. discussion was covered in the Argentinian serious press? What was the general tone of the articles, they understood/ appreciated the stand of the Dutch gouverment or did they wonder why they had difficulties with Jorge Z.?

It depends on which press... La Nación newspaper, for example, will never critize Jorge Z.

Why not? ___

Well, in that newspaper "always" appear news about Máxima, it had several times on it magazine special editions about Máxima(to summarize, they care about Máxima... not like other newspapers) and Jorge is a friend of the owner of La Nación(Bartolome Mitre has been invited to the ballet perfomance at the Colón Theatre on March 2006 during the State Visit to Argentina) :flowers:
But its a great newspaper:rolleyes:

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom