The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-16-2008, 12:54 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaliforniaDreamin View Post
I read somewhere that Mathilde's sister Elisabeth Pallaviccini gave birth over the weekend, so maybe the Countess was attending her other daughter?
You can see here for an short moment in the first Video posted by Marengo.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 06-16-2008, 03:54 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Victoria looks stunning at the christening

Old 06-16-2008, 07:18 PM
Heir Presumptive

Mathilde's mother was there in the church besides Queen Fabiola, Mathilde's sister Hélène and her brother were present too.
We saw them clearly on the little video shown by our tvs
Old 06-19-2008, 09:28 PM
Serene Highness

Does anyone know the style of shoe Mathilde is wearing? (with the buckle)

Victoria looks really beautiful.

"It is a truth universally acknowledged, that a single man in possession of a good fortune, must be in want of a wife" Pride and Prejudice
Old 06-23-2008, 03:47 PM
Gentry

Since I became a member of the Royal Forums it was and is one of my favorite sites. Today however I am angry and disappointed - not with the Forum - but with some of the comments made and in particular comments made with the christening of baby Eleanor. We were on holiday when the christening took place and I couldn,t wait to see photos of the happy event after we returned home. It was a private family event so why the comments/critics on what was wearing what and who looked the best! If CP Mathilde does whisper something in her husband's ear what is wrong with that? At least they appear to be a normal happy couple and surely they are allowed to have a private moment between them even in the public eye. That is what makes them so endearing to folks like us. The amount of pictures taken with this christening and that of the other sibblings of baby Eleanor is of no importance. There is no deeper lying meaning to it. I think what I am really trying to say is that gossiping comes to mind when I'm reading some of the comments and that counts for all Threads in the Royal Forums. The sharing of thoughts and ideas and comments can be such a wonderful experience for all of us without the everyday gossiping! Am I being to harsh? Would like some feedback if possible.
Old 06-24-2008, 01:18 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by mum View Post
Since I became a member of the Royal Forums it was and is one of my favorite sites. Today however I am angry and disappointed - not with the Forum - but with some of the comments made and in particular comments made with the christening of baby Eleanor. We were on holiday when the christening took place and I couldn,t wait to see photos of the happy event after we returned home. It was a private family event so why the comments/critics on what was wearing what and who looked the best! If CP Mathilde does whisper something in her husband's ear what is wrong with that? At least they appear to be a normal happy couple and surely they are allowed to have a private moment between them even in the public eye. That is what makes them so endearing to folks like us. The amount of pictures taken with this christening and that of the other sibblings of baby Eleanor is of no importance. There is no deeper lying meaning to it. I think what I am really trying to say is that gossiping comes to mind when I'm reading some of the comments and that counts for all Threads in the Royal Forums. The sharing of thoughts and ideas and comments can be such a wonderful experience for all of us without the everyday gossiping! Am I being to harsh? Would like some feedback if possible.

Hello!

I am sorry but I am a little confused...what negative comments are you referring to and where did you hear/red them? I have seen nothing but positive and happy reporting from the baby's baptism. Is there something that you saw somewhere else?
Old 07-01-2008, 02:21 AM
Heir Presumptive

I'm missing something here. What's wrong with talking about what people are wearing? AFAIK, the moderators and admin here have not banned that kind of discussion. As long as people are being respectful, which we all need to be whether we're saying something positive or negative, I don't see what the problem is.
"The grass was greener / The light was brighter / The taste was sweeter / The nights of wonder / With friends surrounded / The dawn mist glowing / The water flowing / The endless river / Forever and ever........ "
Old 07-01-2008, 03:16 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

We tend to look for a middle-of-the-road approach in discussing fashion in threads that aren't in the Royal Fashion Forum, so ... I don't think the discussion about clothes has been excessive here, but people are free to disagree of course.

About the whispering: I have read it in several newspapers and magazines from Flanders recently that Mathilde seems to be whispering instead of speaking, all the time. We could see that in the television documentary on her husband too, but also at other occassions. The HUMO interview on Queen Fabiola's 80th birthday remarked about it too called it 'Laeken-style', and seemed rather bothered about it. So Mathilde is not only whispering in her husbands ear but it has become her normal way of speaking in public almost.

Furthermore, though it was a small ceremony which gets branded as private, there were reporters, camera's, photocamera's etc. so not completely private. We even got lovely filmed footage from inside the chapel!

-
If anybody is (still) bothered by the amount of remarks on clothing or on other things in this thread please contact any of the Belgian moderators (LadyK, Empress or myself). We would prefer it if the discussion about the matter in this thread would not be continued.
Old 08-12-2008, 08:56 PM
Courtier

Such lovely pictures of the Beligian royals and the godparents of baby Eleonore.
Everyone looks happy and nice at a great event.

I'm head of a dynastic house no matter what others say.
Princess Kamorrissa,Countess of Welle
Old 08-13-2008, 09:31 PM
Serene Highness

The pictures are amazing! Such a lovely background, it looks like a portrait back in the day!
Old 06-01-2009, 12:54 PM
Heir Presumptive

The outfit of Mathilde is so beautiful and it is nice to see all so happy
Old 11-10-2010, 05:43 PM
Serene Highness

Belgian Princess Baptized*Pictures - CBS News
A gallery

Tags
baptism, christening, eleonore, princess eleonore