Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
What W&K story?

He got her looks is about Prince George.

The page is a W&K page with some pics of Andrew & Camilla's wedding.

Yeah, but the link is just to Camilla related pictures. It may be from a tumblr that is mostly aimed at W&K, but that post wasn't about them - it was about APB&C

Thanks Spheno for posting.

I had a feeling he was unwell and had been checking to see what his life status was.

It a story by Christopher Wilson. He always writes lies about Camilla.
All his stories/books are just stories other people wrote that he adds additional lies. (His entire article is filled with lies and contradictions.

Alice was never Edward's mistress.

The woman lounging on the chair isn't Alice. Alice was born in 1868 so I very much doubt Edward took her picture in the 1880s as most people say she 1st met Edward in 1898.

During the war, Alice helped run a hospital in France with Sarah Wilson (Winston's aunt).

Alice never owned a country house in Oxfordshire. (In fact, she never owned nor rented any country house. She only rented a house in London.)

Last edited:
Thank you for your imput, QC. I did believe that article until I read your post, but now I wonder... It's awful if people dislike Camilla enough to even print slander about her great-grandmother.

WWI related story

The 'Saving Private Ryan' mystery that haunts Camilla's family: Three brothers killed in the trenches, a fourth raring to go... but he's told - you can't go. So who gave the order that saved the Duchess's beloved grandfather | Mail Online

Nice story except the writer uses nicknames as if she was a friend.

Henry died in 9-16-1916 (aged 24)
William died in 9-16-1916 (cousin of Camilla's great-uncles) (aged 24)
Alick died 11-24-1917 (aged 23)
William died 3-24-1918 (aged 21)

Camilla's grandfather was named Roland.

The story about the Marx brothers is not entirely true, probably more of a joke. Roland's mustache pre-dates the Marx Brothers. Roland had a very thick mustache in 1924 & in 1918 already had a mustache. It is unfortunate that the Daily Mail didn't include the photo from Sonia's book which shows the 1918 photo so that the brothers would look alike.

Sonia met Roland in 1918 after the death of his 3 eldest brothers.

Last edited:
She used nicknames because they are the names used in the family and it is a story about a family.

The writer should have used their given name the 1st time she mentioned them with the nicknames in ( ) and then referred to them by their nicknames or only referred to them by their nickname when directly quoting a family member.

The is standard procedure in Journalism.

It is now breaking news on the BBC banner that he has died :sad:

RIP

Mark Shand has died in New York after his fall;

Rebecca English ‏@RE_DailyMail 3m
The Duchess of Cornwall has been left 'devastated' after her brother, Mark Shand, died tragically today.

BBC Breaking News ‏@BBCBreaking 8m
Duchess of Cornwall's brother, Mark Shand, has died after a fall in New York, Clarence House confirms

BBC News - Duchess of Cornwall's brother Mark Shand dies in fall

Joe Little ‏@MajestyMagazine 6m
'The Duchess, The Prince of Wales and all her family members are utterly devastated by this sudden and tragic loss,' says Clarence House.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 4m
In a statement from Clarence House, Mark Shand was described as a man of "extraordinary vitality, a tireless campaigner and conservationist"

Last edited:
Omg... my condolences to the Duchess and her family. I am so sorry for them.

Terrible news ...
Such a brilliant human being. He was very close to his sisters and Charles found in him the perfect in law.
Just tragic.

I discovered this on Tumblr and had read a post just before it saying he was in critical condition and then read the next one that said he had sadly passed away. Now seeing it confirmed on BBC News. Very sad news as it was so sudden a tragic.

How terribly sad for the Duchess & Shand Family may he rest in peace.

My sympathies to the Duchess and her family. What a sad tragedy.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using The Royals Community mobile app

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 19m
The Duchess of Cornwall, and her husband Prince Charles, are understood to be in Scotland.

Peter Hunt ‏@BBCPeterHunt 22m
The daughter of @TheDukeOfYork, Princess Eugenie, was at the New York charity event last night attended by Camilla's brother, Mark Shand.

Martin ‏@WindsorEditor 1h
Mark Shand slipped on the pavement whilst lighting a cigarette at an event in New York. Princess Eugenie was also at the event at the time.

Clarence House statement;
Our view

Mark had presided over an auction at Sotheby's on the day of his death it was a Faberge Egg Hunt in aid of his Elephant Charity. He then went on to a fundraising party, and on again to a bar.
Camilla's brother Mark Shand, 62, dies after smashing head in fall in NY after leaving £1m charity fundraising event | Mail Online

Eugenie has attended two other Faberge Egg Hunts presided over by Mark in the past few months. Evidently he was a friend for her in NY.

Last edited:
What horrible news. Condolences to the family. Strange circumstances.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom