Family of the Duchess of Cornwall 1: Ending Sep 2022

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Laura Lopes and Tom Parker Bowles attended their uncle Mark Shand's 60th
birthday party at 29 Portland Place on May 25, 2011 in London. Mark Shand
can be seen on pic 1.

** Pic 1 ** Pic 2 **

Sonia's resting place

Does anyone know where Sonia is buried?

Who attended her funeral and memorial service?

Where funeral & memorial services were held?

Thanks

Louisa Parker Bowles, the newest addition to the Duchess of Cornwall’s clan, is preparing to run the London Marathon to raise money for Great Ormond Street Hospital for Children.Louisa, who married Camilla’s nephew Sam last year, is training five days a week and hopes to complete the 26 miles in four hours.
‘The training has been gruelling, but it will be worth it,’ says Louisa, 28, who works at Conde Nast. ‘The whole family is trying to raise £40,000 for a private consultation room. Sam was treated at Great Ormond Street as a baby so it’s a hospital very close to the family’s hearts.’
http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...et-King-Harry-woos-Saturdays-star-Mollie.html

Luke Parker Bowles (nephew)

The Duchess of Cornwall’s nephew Luke Parker Bowles last week organised a ceremony to rename the New York memorial to the 67 British victims of the 9/11 terrorist attacks.

The British Garden will now be known as The Queen Elizabeth II September 11th Garden. ‘It was our way of kicking off the Diamond Jubilee celebrations over here,’

Luke, 34, a digital publisher who lives in New York, tells me. ‘The Dean of Westminster, the Rev John Hall, flew out for the ceremony and the Prince of Wales, who is our patron, sent a telegram.’

Okay, I can understand why and it's a very lovely gesture but to say "It was our way of kicking off the Diamond Jubilee celebrations over here," by renaming a memorial garden just sounds odd.

:previous:
Well, she gets no sympathy from me.
You break the law + fail to appear in court = spend a night in jail. Sounds pretty reasonable.

:previous:
Well, she gets no sympathy from me.
You break the law + fail to appear in court = spend a night in jail. Sounds pretty reasonable.

I agree with that. Plus I don't like that she seeks sympathy from the British public or even worse, tries to make money out of her own stupidity. She has no diplomatic immunity thanks to her relation to Camilla, so why she is wailing? That's the way it is in the US - that's why I won't get there for a second time - if you live there, live according to their rules and laws. But this lady obviously was to "grand" to come to court when called in and preferred to shame her aunt: very bad behaviour in my book!:ermm:

I agree with that. Plus I don't like that she seeks sympathy from the British public or even worse, tries to make money out of her own stupidity. She has no diplomatic immunity thanks to her relation to Camilla, so why she is wailing? That's the way it is in the US - that's why I won't get there for a second time - if you live there, live according to their rules and laws. But this lady obviously was to "grand" to come to court when called in and preferred to shame her aunt: very bad behaviour in my book!:ermm:
Agreed. Her relation is through Camilla's former husband, to be more precise, but even if the lady in question were Laura Lopes (Camilla's daughter), that wouldn't mean anything. How obnoxious does this sound?
What is a nice girl like me doing in a place like this? I went to the Royal Wedding for goodness’ sake.

That sounds so freakin stupid and self centered, "I went to the royal wedding so I am allowed to break the law". She better be happy it wasn't in some countries that have scary justice systems.

She is an idiot. She "forgot to go to court", exuse me. What does she remember?

For some reason this makes me think of her excuse if she forgot to file her taxes on the 15th...."Excuse me IRS, I forgot to file. But I went to the Royal Wedding so I can't get in trouble!"

Does anyone know if Camilla's children attended any of the jubilee events? I would have expected them at the flotilla or the concert. Thanks in advance.

They were at the flotilla, never saw them at the concert.

Prince Charles paid Camilla's sister, Annabel Elliot, £170,000 to refurbish his holiday cottages | Mail Online
The Duchess of Cornwall’s sister was given more than £170,000 last year to refurbish Charles’s holiday cottages.
Interior designer Annabel Elliot pocketed £82,272 in fees and commission plus a further £90,285 to buy fixtures and furnishings for a number of properties owned by the Duchy of Cornwall, including the Welsh estate where the prince and his wife have a home.
Two years ago the Daily Mail revealed how Mrs Elliot had been paid almost £900,000 over five years to work on other Duchy properties.
A Clarence House spokesman admitted that the estate had not put the contract out for tender, but declined to say how the prince’s sister-in-law had come to be recommended for the job.

So two years ago she was given a five year contract to work on Duchy properties and now she has done some more work on another property.

Maybe, like many of the rest of us, the Duchy decided to employ a person they knew could do the work they way they wanted it done and so she got the gig again.

I know that some people will object simply because she is Camilla's sister rather than look at the fact that someone who is qualified to do the work and has done the job well in the past has the job again - as would happen in 1000s if not millions of homes and offices across the nation.

So two years ago she was given a five year contract to work on Duchy properties and now she has done some more work on another property.

Maybe, like many of the rest of us, the Duchy decided to employ a person they knew could do the work they way they wanted it done and so she got the gig again.

I know that some people will object simply because she is Camilla's sister rather than look at the fact that someone who is qualified to do the work and has done the job well in the past has the job again - as would happen in 1000s if not millions of homes and offices across the nation.

I agree. Also, decorating someone's home can get very personal. It makes sense for them to use someone whose discretion can be completely trusted.

The agonising blows that expose the evil secrets of Thailand's elephant tourism con: The Duchess of Cornwall's brother tells how baby elephants are brutally starved and tortured
There are few things more adorable than a baby elephant. Little more than 3ft tall and naturally curious, they are the undisputed stars of the scores of elephant camps created in the forests of Thailand to offer tourists the opportunity to get close to the world’s largest land animals. For many of the 850,000 Britons who go on holiday to Thailand every year, a trip to an elephant park is an unmissable part of their trip.

By the way, Tom is promoting his new cookbook "Let's Eat: Recipes from my kitchen notebook."

I watched him put the first crab cake in the pan and it fell apart. I think that is because he quickly put the cake together without fully mixing in the egg that would've binded the crab mixture together. I also noticed he didn't add any mayonnaise to the mixture. Everything else looked pretty good though.

Does anyone know who Rosalind's godparents were?

I read on several sites that she is listed in Margaret Greville will as a goddaughter. Which would be unusual since Margaret Greville was also Sonia's godmother.

I could not find any listing for her christening.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

I was trying to find the names of P. Morton Shand's children to see who Camilla might have stayed with when she was in Paris in 1963. Bruce's father died in France in 1960. (found the names of Bruce's siblings.) but came across info that Camilla's parents were related and Bruce's ancestry wasn't exactly humble or w/o royal connection as was stated when he died.

Archibald Campbell, 7th Earl of Argyll+ b. 1575, d. bt Oct 1638 - 29 Nov 1638
Hon. Colin Campbell of Lundie+ b. a 1575, d. b 15 May 1619

Rosalind's ancestor is Archibald. Colin is Bruce's.

I don't know if anyone else knew this. I know the U.K is small but didn't see this one coming.

Why has Charles paid Camilla's sister £1.2 million... could it be because she helped cover his adultery for years?
Why has Charles paid Camilla's sister £1.2 million... could it be because she helped cover his adultery for years? | Mail Online

A reminder - Richard Kay, who wrote this piece with Geoffrey Levy, is one of the characters who can be depended upon for periodic reminders of anything socially unacceptable in Charles and Camilla's past. He was, I believe, used in the "War of the Waleses" (not by Charles) and is clearly still bitter about Charles and Camilla's happiness - not so much as the eloquent Christopher Wilson, but he tries. In addition, most of this article is not only intentionally emotionally charged (I think there's a better way to say that, but I can't think of it), but is also old business.

Anyone else wonder what Charles gets called by Camilla's children?

Anyone else wonder what Charles gets called by Camilla's children?

I really have no concrete sources other than an interview that Tom Parker Bowles gave on the subject but I'm going to go out on a limb and say that they call him "Sir". Tom mentions in his interview that to both him and Laura, the term "Sir" was almost like an affectionate term of address for him though.

I believe that their children would continue that tradition and call Charles "Sir" in an affectionate way. :flowers:

Prince Charles? I still call him Sir - Telegraph

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom