The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 12-04-2005, 11:42 PM
Gentry

hopocrits all of them!

Old 12-04-2005, 11:48 PM
Heir Presumptive

It could be that they are hypocrits or that they actually like the real Camilla. Maybe they were won over the same way many others have been. Then again they are probably just being nice to try and get close to her which will never happen. Camilla is good on keeping her trap shut.

Old 12-05-2005, 12:21 AM
Royal Highness

I don't know if I'd call them hypocrits since I don't believe these people ever had any principles to stand on. It just exposes them as opportunists and knowing which side their bread will be buttered from now on, switch gears and sucking up to Charmilla.
Old 12-05-2005, 06:42 AM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by ksenia
hopocrits all of them!
I agree. But they were hypocrite too when they were insanely lauding Diana and selling her as a can't-do-no-wrong Saint. As media people, they certainly already knew the Diana the public discovered after her dead.
Journalist, well the bad ones (and they are numerous) are only interested in their sale volume. They did firmly camped by Diana's side when it was profitable to do so. Now they try to turn Camilla in what she is not for the same exact reasons.
The loser in this game is the public, as clearly British people deserve better.

Edit: Just read your comments Incas. My exact thoughts.

Old 12-05-2005, 07:07 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Princejonnhy25
It could be that they are hypocrits or that they actually like the real Camilla. Maybe they were won over the same way many others have been. Then again they are probably just being nice to try and get close to her which will never happen. Camilla is good on keeping her trap shut.
I think they all have a grudging respect for Camilla, now that they have actually met her.:)
Old 12-05-2005, 03:43 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
The loser in this game is the public, as clearly British people deserve better.
Sadly, it is the public who buy the papers and magazines, which is then seen by the reporters/photographers as confirmation of public wants and support.
Old 12-08-2005, 09:48 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
Camilla is now loved by a growing number of the UK public, just not in the showbiz/celebrity way that we had with Diana.
This doesn't surprise me. I always suspected that because people never knew Camilla they never had the opportunity to judge for themselves whether she was an agreeable person or not.

During the eighties and nineties heyday of Diana fever, it was necessary to have a "bad" person so that Diana could seem more pure and more good. Camilla was the obvious choice. She became a scapegoat in order for Diana to be elevated.

Now there is no Diana as a contrast so Camilla is free to be herself. I think people are pleasantly surprised by what a nice person Camilla is and she is charming them with her own style and presence.

Old 12-08-2005, 10:04 PM
Imperial Majesty

It's interesting - I remember reading somewhere that people were surprised when they met the Duchess of Windsor to find that she was a perfectly pleasant and well-mannered woman who knew how to behave in society and was good at putting people at their ease. From the propaganda, you'd think she was an out-of-control harpy. The same thing seems to have been true of Camilla.
Old 12-09-2005, 01:13 AM
Courtier

Camilla surely has an inner beauty to attract Prince Charles for so many years. Now people can have more opportunies to see Charles' point. People will learn to see a true Camilla not a Camilla painted by the taboilds which is wonderful. Camilla has own good qualities to make people like to meet. Camilla will be proved as an asset to Charles and to the monarchy. She is a nice person by heart. It was a tragedy that Charles and Camilla cannot see the strength of their love to their life and Charles was too indecivisive to make his commitment. Truely happy to see the way people value her.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:09 AM
Royal Highness

Looking at some of the old pictures of Camilla, I think she was a very attractive woman in her youth. There is a certain joie de vive about her in the pictures. It wasn't like she was an ugly duckling and only recently repackaged to become presentable.
Old 12-10-2005, 10:27 AM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Part of the reason Camilla was so trashed in the media is that she made no efforts to defend herself - a wise decision as it turns out.

I can imagine the damage she could have inflicted if she had gone into a public war with Diana. Being Charles' lover, she probably knew more about Charles and Dianas relationship than most anybody. Given some of the things written about her, she was probably tempted several times to let out some damaging info on Diana.

But she would have lost Charles in the bargain and she was not going to do that. Now she's weathered the storm and people can judge her for herself. Some people are never going to forgive the affair and I respect that. But I think now whether she is harshly or favorably judged, it will be on her own merits and not what some tabloid has cooked up.
Old 12-10-2005, 12:10 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
Part of the reason Camilla was so trashed in the media is that she made no efforts to defend herself - a wise decision as it turns out.
But I think now whether she is harshly or favorably judged, it will be on her own merits and not what some tabloid has cooked up.
She should be ok this week, it is Williams turn to be trashed by the tabloids!
Old 12-12-2005, 07:04 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Skydragon
She should be ok this week, it is Williams turn to be trashed by the tabloids!
That isn't funny.

P.S. By the way, I'm back!! AND I was not suspended contrary to what has been bandied about! Having a very ill Mother is no easy thing.
Old 12-12-2005, 07:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

I was wondering where you went. I hope your mother is doing well. No tabloid trashing is funny but every royal will get there share including william.
Old 12-12-2005, 08:01 PM
Royal Highness

Thank you Johnny
Old 12-12-2005, 08:09 PM
Royal Highness

welcome back tiarapin. hope your mother is doing better.

I like camilla and always have, she's totally natural. have we seen charles looking this happy and this relaxed....EVER? even during his engagement and the early days of his marriage to diana i don't think he was so at ease as he is now.
Old 12-13-2005, 11:59 AM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiaraprin
That isn't funny.
It was a light hearted comment, posted with a British sense of humour, I'm sorry that you found it so offensive!
Old 12-13-2005, 12:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Personally, I don't think anyone really cares about Camilla anymore. The fact is we've accepted her as part of the Royal fabric and that's not going to change.
If Diana were still alive then it would be very different, but she's not and the fact that even her 2 sons seem to have accepted her must have an enormous impact on people.
Old 12-13-2005, 04:28 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by Little_star
Personally, I don't think anyone really cares about Camilla anymore.
Well we care.
Seriously, you have a point. The general attitude toward Camilla, and the whole BRF save for William and Harry, is apathy. That's actually better that the public rebellion and Apocalypse that was announced when the engagement new broke down, but that's not particularly healthy neither.

Old 12-13-2005, 04:44 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Idriel
Well we care.
Seriously, you have a point. The general attitude toward Camilla, and the whole BRF save for William and Harry, is apathy. That's actually better that the public rebellion and Apocalypse that was announced when the engagement new broke down, but that's not particularly healthy neither.
I thought that Little star meant very few people object to Camilla any more, not that no one cares, perhaps I misunderstood.
The guardian cares as well, they are actually defending her now:) , Charles and Camilla seem to have risen in the popularity stakes as more and more people are meeting them and telling their friends and family how nice she truly is and how happy Charles appears to be!

http://shopping.guardian.co.uk/cloth...627343,00.html

Tags
camilla, duchess of cornwall, public opinion