Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
She looks like an Isabella or an Elisabeth to me.

Isabella would be lovely, or Tatiana or Xenia. But I still like Elizabeth :)

UserDane said:
In Denmark, you have to register the name of a child no later than 6 months after the birth. If you don't do that, it is said that your child will be given a name by the authorities. I have never heard of anyone who have experienced it so don't know what that name would be.

The child gets his or or personal identification number just after being born.

Thank you very much for the information. I am used to at latest one week after birth, but I guess six months is still reasonable.
I wouldn't like my child being named by the authorities either...:ermm: I wonder what they would pick in Mary's and Frederik's case...:lol:

I wanted to propose Emma Ingrid Marghrete Henrietta .
But now I think she looks totally like a Désirée...

Princess Emma Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta Marie is GORGEOUS ! :wub:

Something tells me the name Marie will not be apart of the little Princess's name.

Now that I have seen pictures of Lillepige she looks like a 'Charlotte or Louise' to me.

Stellad

What about Frederika, after her father? Or Christina. Prince Christian and Princess Christina, like a set! Probably would be too confusing.

I think she looks like a Charlotte in her most recent pictures.

lise said:
I think she looks like a Charlotte in her most recent pictures.

I agree. Charlotte, Sophie or Louise for me, which are all gorgeous names for a little Princess :flowers:

JessRulz said:
I agree. Charlotte, Sophie or Louise for me, which are all gorgeous names for a little Princess :flowers:

Yes, for me too. She looks like Charlotte, Louise or Astrid. But I don't like Louise so much. I hope they will name her Astrid, Charlotte or Emma:flowers:

After seeing the photos, I say a dark, mysterious, unusual name is in order...All of my previous choices fit the bill - Henrietta, Arabella, Xenia or Matilda!

And I would actually love them to use FIVE names for this little girl, but if they use Henrietta as a first name only four are necessary, for example:

Henrietta Dagmar Margrethe Ingrid
Arabella Dagmar Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid
Xenia Dagmar Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid
Matilda Dagmar Henrietta Margerethe Ingrid

Oh, on July 1st, hurry up!!! ;)

some of the names suggested are really lovely, and i think that they will go for some more traditional names, nothing to fru fru. It is very exciting, but we will have to wait it out.

What about Caroline Ingrid Margerethe Louise or Charlotte-Astrid Thyra Louise Alexandrine? I really like Caroline and Charlotte.

Last edited:
When I saw the recent official photos, the baby just looked like a Caroline to me. I can't wait to find out what her name is.

wymanda said:
Queen Anne-Marie - The last Princess born in Denmark
Queen Elizabeth II - As she was born on her birthday
Prince Joachim
Jane Stephens

I think it would be great if Queen Anne-Marie was used! The last two princesses of Denmark, just 60 years apart! I don't think they'll do Queen Elizabeth, and Prince Joachim was Christian's godfather, so I will be surprised if they use him again.

I think it would be great if they chose Felipe and/or Letizia to be the baby's godparents, they are going through life’s millstones at almost the exact same time. Plus, it would put to rest this competition people seem to think they have with each other, which imo is totally fabricated.

Last edited:
I keep hearing all this negative stuff about Amber Petty, can someone explain to me what the issue is with her?

Shadiyah2086 said:
I keep hearing all this negative stuff about Amber Petty, can someone explain to me what the issue is with her?

I think the impression is that she is using her friendship with Mary to further her career & social aspirations. She is a bit of a party girl & always seems to have comment to make about Mary & her life in Denmark.

H.M. Margrethe said:
Pehaps Dagmar Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe :angel:

I think Dagmar is possible, unfortunately... I still prefer Astrid or Charlotte:wub:

I hope they call her charlotte! It is such a pretty name. Dagmar is too old-fashioned

crm2317 said:
I hope they call her charlotte! It is such a pretty name. Dagmar is too old-fashioned

That´s just it. Old-fashioned names are very fashíonalble again. Just look at the names other parents name their kids. I know a couple who have named their youngest Alfred. Especially in danish it sounds a little too grandma like until you get used to it. In the beginning I always thought of Alfred from Emil från Lönneberg (swedish title???) but after I while I though it was really cute. I´m already getting used to Dagmar and I really like it now

They're not likely to give her a non-traditional name. She's a princess. No trendy names for the daughter of the heir to the throne. I still vote for Caroline as a good bet. I think it will be a classic name that also has a cognate in English. Caroline, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Sophie, Louise, Marie, etc. Ingrid, Henrietta, and Margrethe are probably going to be included as middle names.

crm2317 said:

As i see it it think that Charlotte is also a old fashioned name...

When they will be announce?The same day has the Christening day?
I'am anxious to see what Mary is going to wear!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom