Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
biboquinhas said:
When they will be announce?The same day has the Christening day?
I'am anxious to see what Mary is going to wear!

I'd assume so, as that is how it was done with Christian's christening. Either on the day, or a few days beforehand

no amber

Amber petty will not be attending the Christening as she has work todo in SA. She said that on the kyle and jakie O show (radio) but she has sent of some cute gifts for mary and the new little princess

I think one of the godparents will be Princess Madeleine or Prince Carl Philip of Sweden. I vote also for Princess Maxima and for Mary's brother :flowers:

Was there any Charlotte in Danish royal family? I really like this name but I don't think it would be a traditional name

Nouvelle said:
Was there any Charlotte in Danish royal family? I really like this name but I don't think it would be a traditional name

Yes ther was a Charlotte Amalie (1650-1714)..she was marriede with King Christian 5. of Denmark and they had 2 children a son King Frederik 4. and a daugther Sophie Hedevig.

H.M. Margrethe said:
Yes ther was a Charlotte Amalie (1650-1714)..she was marriede with King Christian 5. of Denmark and they had 2 children a son King Frederik 4. and a daugther Sophie Hedevig.

Just to correct a little bit but they actually had very many children. Not only those to. As far as i remember they had 8 children eventhough they all didnt survive.
You can look at this site for more facts about Charlotte Amalie Prinsesse Charlotte Amalie (unfortunately its in danish but there are movies so maybe not danish ppl can enjoy it aswell :)

I really like Charlotte! Two C names!!!!

betina said:
Just to correct a little bit but they actually had very many children. Not only those to. As far as i remember they had 8 children eventhough they all didnt survive.
You can look at this site for more facts about Charlotte Amalie Prinsesse Charlotte Amalie (unfortunately its in danish but there are movies so maybe not danish ppl can enjoy it aswell :)

Auwww shame on me!!!! You are so rigth betina how in the world coud i forget that they had 8 children ?
Well it is nice to know that you can correct me when i am not rigth in what i´m telling inher :flowers:

Dagmar is a wonderful name! I simply love it! :wub:

Ingrid and Astrid are beautiful names, too... :)

I think it should be someone close to the baby and family, because godparents should be the ones who "vested interest in raising a more complete human being" someone who "who is responsible for the child in the event of both parents demise or incapacition" they should have this in mind when chosing who the godparents will be and not onloy if they are Royal or not, if they are important persons or not!!!

leonardinha said:
Dagmar is a wonderful name! I simply love it! :wub:

I'm totally with you, I really hope they name her Dagmar!!!:flowers:

biboquinhas said:
Amber Petty wasn't in bad relations with Mary?

I don't think so. Amber is a breakfast radio announcer on SAFM in Adelaide at the moment.

biboquinhas said:
I think it should be someone close to the baby and family, because godparents should be the ones who "vested interest in raising a more complete human being" someone who "who is responsible for the child in the event of both parents demise or incapacition" they should have this in mind when chosing who the godparents will be and not onloy if they are Royal or not, if they are important persons or not!!!

The only responsibility godparents have in Denmark is to make sure that the child is raised in the correct faith.
Its not their responsibility to raise the child if the parent pass away.

I think prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg will be chosen :flowers: He seems so nice also when you :flowers: see him with his niece and nephew

betina said:
The only responsibility godparents have in Denmark is to make sure that the child is raised in the correct faith.
Its not their responsibility to raise the child if the parent pass away.

I think prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg will be chosen :flowers: He seems so nice also when you :flowers: see him with his niece and nephew

I think you are rigth about prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg but what about his sister Natali and Alexandra ? (was Alexandra godmother for littel Christian?)

H.M. Margrethe said:
I think you are rigth about prince Gustav zu sayn-wittgenstein-Berleburg but what about his sister Natali and Alexandra ? (was Alexandra godmother for littel Christian?)

I just think that the two cousins Gustav and Frederik are closer to each other, but she his two sisters would also be obvious.
It was only Pavlos whos was godfather of Frederiks 8 cousins.

I still prefer Astrid or Charlotte, these are beautiful names. When I see the pictures I think this is a little princess Charlotte or princess Astrid. I hope Mary and Frederik won't name her Dagmar. It's an awful name. The princess doesn't look like Dagmar. Christian and Dagmar :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

bluestocking said:
They're not likely to give her a non-traditional name. She's a princess. No trendy names for the daughter of the heir to the throne. I still vote for Caroline as a good bet. I think it will be a classic name that also has a cognate in English. Caroline, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Sophie, Louise, Marie, etc. Ingrid, Henrietta, and Margrethe are probably going to be included as middle names.
I tend to agree she will be right in line for the throne they won't choose anything that wouldn't sound right with Queen in front of it.Caroline is very pretty and classic that works so does Charlotte and Cathereine,Anna and so on.I don't see it being Elizabeth that has become too common even among royalty.Family names I think are more likey for her middle names.

acdc1 said:
I think it would be great if Queen Anne-Marie was used! The last two princesses of Denmark, just 60 years apart! I don't think they'll do Queen Elizabeth, and Prince Joachim was Christian's godfather, so I will be surprised if they use him again.
That would be very fitting for Queen Anne-Marie to be a godmother:flowers: I really hope they choose her.

Penny Lane said:
That would be very fitting for Queen Anne-Marie to be a godmother:flowers: I really hope they choose her.

Me too! I think she could be a perfect choice!

To go back to the whole "Is it okay for Mary and Frederik to call their daughter Sophia even though Felipe and Letizia just called their's Sofia" discussion, something just came to my mind here..

Two spares, let's take Constantjin of the Netherlands and Joachim of Denmark. Would it had been the catastrophy, is they had both been called Joachim or both have been called Constantjin? :rolleyes: These two have absolutely, really, absolutely nothing to do with each other, two different countries, and both spares, not heirs - just like Sofia and lille prinsessen.

Anyway .. Mary and Frederik had already decided for a name, when they left the hospital, so I doubt Felipe and Letizia's choice have affected them, just because Mary and Frederik announce their daughter's name later than Felipe and Letizia do.

I don't think Mary and Frederik have called their daughter Sophia more than I think they might have called her Ingrid or Ida or Anna, I'm just keeping the possibility "Sophia" open. :flowers:

bluestocking said:
They're not likely to give her a non-traditional name. She's a princess. No trendy names for the daughter of the heir to the throne. I still vote for Caroline as a good bet. I think it will be a classic name that also has a cognate in English. Caroline, Charlotte, Elizabeth, Sophie, Louise, Marie, etc. Ingrid, Henrietta, and Margrethe are probably going to be included as middle names.

I see where you're coming from, but what about Joachim? When he was born, Joachim was an unusual name (IIRC), and he was the son of the heir to the throne

But I agree with you, they will probably choose a classic name - Charlotte or Louise :flowers:

Good point, JessRulz, Joachim must have been unusual, or common at least. And what about Benedikte and Anne-Marie ? Those names had never been used in royalty before, and they were in line for throne after Magrethe. Christian will be king, that's the most important thing, not his sister and before I forget Nikolaj and Felix:)biggrin: ) are in the line of succesion too! I don't know, I have a feeling it won't be a very traditional name, I think it will be a commom name, but still special, pretty and royal.

MissSaga said:
And what about Benedikte and Anne-Marie ? Those names had never been used in royalty before, and they were in line for throne after Magrethe.
At the time Benedikte & Anne-Marie were named, 1944 and 1946, they were not in line ot the throne - nor was Margrethe. The Danish constitution was changed in 1953 - to allow females on the throne. Before that, they had no rights to the throne. :flowers:

MissSaga said:
Good point, JessRulz, Joachim must have been unusual, or common at least. And what about Benedikte and Anne-Marie ? Those names had never been used in royalty before, and they were in line for throne after Magrethe. Christian will be king, that's the most important thing, not his sister and before I forget Nikolaj and Felix:)biggrin: ) are in the line of succesion too! I don't know, I have a feeling it won't be a very traditional name, I think it will be a commom name, but still special, pretty and royal.

Actually no. Females had no right to the throne in Denmark before 1953 so it didnt matter what they called hteir girls.
As far goes with Joachim one of his names is Christian so i would gues he would take that name if he bwcame king.

Nouvelle said:
I still prefer Astrid or Charlotte, these are beautiful names. When I see the pictures I think this is a little princess Charlotte or princess Astrid. I hope Mary and Frederik won't name her Dagmar. It's an awful name. The princess doesn't look like Dagmar. Christian and Dagmar :ohmy: :ohmy: :ohmy:

Totally agree with you :flowers:

Just out of curiosity. What is it that bothers so many people about the names Dagmar and Thyra? IMHO both names are rather pretty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom