Gender, Name and Godparent Speculation for Mary's Second Pregnancy

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Is it a boy or girl?

• Boy

Votes: 84 33.1%
  • Girl

Votes: 157 61.8%
  • Twins: boy & girl

Votes: 6 2.4%
  • Twins: 2 boys

Votes: 2 0.8%
  • Twins: 2 girls

Votes: 5 2.0%

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oops, I made a little mistake. I meant Crown Prince Felipe of Spain, not a Crown Princess Felipe of Spain. Sorry!!!

I'm not sure about Felipe being a Godparent, but what about Amber, yes the Amber question. Mary called her on the way to the hospital, Amber was Mary's bridesmaid, I cannot see her not being a Godparent. Wouldn't that be a little rude not to have her as one?

I really hope they don't call her Dagmar. It really doesn't sound like a pretty name.

Louise/a Ingrid Margrethe Henrietta:wub:

Nouvelle said:
I really hope that they won't name her Henrietta. Do they have to name their daughter with a traditional name? They can give her a modern name. This little girl won't be queen so it doesn't matter. I like Astrid, it sounds great:

Astrid Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid

What do you think?

I like Astrid, too, but I see that as more of a name that the Belgian Royal Family claims as its own (i.e. tragic Queen Astrid).

One other possibility would be: Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg (But that would be the surprise of the year)

Christo's Girl said:
I'm not sure about Felipe being a Godparent, but what about Amber, yes the Amber question. Mary called her on the way to the hospital, Amber was Mary's bridesmaid, I cannot see her not being a Godparent. Wouldn't that be a little rude not to have her as one?

Im not too sure about Amber, to my understanding & to what i have read, Amber isnt excepted too well by the royal family.

Of the names on the Danish list I like Anna,Charlotte and Hanna the best

Lady Bluffton said:
I like Astrid, too, but I see that as more of a name that the Belgian Royal Family claims as its own (i.e. tragic Queen Astrid).

Actually Queen Astrid was a granddaughter of the danish king Fredeik 8.
I would love to have a litle princess Astrid in Denmark

Nouvelle said:
Do they have to name their daughter with a traditional name? They can give her a modern name. This little girl won't be queen so it doesn't matter.

Lilleprinsesse is third in line for the throne. There is a chance that she could one day become Queen of Denmark.
I personally think they will give her a semi-traditional name, but not an overly traditional name (like Thyra)

JessRulz said:
Lilleprinsesse is third in line for the throne. There is a chance that she could one day become Queen of Denmark.
I personally think they will give her a semi-traditional name, but not an overly traditional name (like Thyra)

Yes, but Christian will be king. I think Frederik and Mary will bring him up to this role. And the little princess is third but does it mean she has to be Henrietta, Ingrid or Margrethe? I hope not.

HRH Princess Benedikte's name are B. Astrid Ingeborg Ingrid.

They can name her Astrid. The names of the other important princesses are Ingrid Alexandra, Catharina - Amalia, Alexia, Ariane, Elisabeth, infantas Leonor and Sofia so she would be the only Astrid. I really like this name. I hope Frederik and Mary too

If they shy away from Henrietta I hope they use either Arabella, Xenia or Matilda...

Arabella Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid
Xenia Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid
Matilda Henrietta Margrethe Ingrid

All royal, traditional names, but less common than say Elizabeth, Ingrid, Alexandra, Sophia, etc

Wasn't there an Arabella Stuart, who I believe was a cousin (and rival to the succession) of Elizabeth I?

If so, I guess that makes for a tenuous Scottish connection that may be attractive to CP Mary...

I would be very surprised if they shied away from using the name Henrietta.

Stellad

Why not Elizabeth? I like it

Nouvelle said:
And the little princess is third but does it mean she has to be Henrietta, Ingrid or Margrethe? I hope not.

The fact that Lilleprinsesse is third in line for the throne doesn't have anything to do with those names. They hold great significance to Mary and Frederik, and IMO, it would be surprising if those names weren't used somewhere in the baby's name

JessRulz said:
The fact that Lilleprinsesse is third in line for the throne doesn't have anything to do with those names. They hold great significance to Mary and Frederik, and IMO, it would be surprising if those names weren't used somewhere in the baby's name

Yes, I know that. Probably the names Margrethe, Henrietta and Ingrid will be somewhere but I hope that the first name will be original:flowers:

Dagmar... I sincerely hope that they don't even think about naming her like that!

Thyra is so nice. I still haven't discovered the right way to pronounce it, but I'm sure the Danish will...

Which names are popular in Denmark now?

I think that little princess will have two middle names after her grandmothers.

I like Charlotte Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe.

Is "Charlotte" in Denmark pronounced the french "Char-LOTTE" way, or more like the Spanish "CAR-lotta"?

The name will only be public at the christening, so...
Does Denmark have any rules when to register the name of the child?
Is it to be around those three months maybe? Or is the name already registered but secret?
Or are there no such rules? But then, you could not name the child forever, right? And surely it must be illegal that there is a person without a name?
Does anyone know?

In Denmark, you have to register the name of a child no later than 6 months after the birth. If you don't do that, it is said that your child will be given a name by the authorities. I have never heard of anyone who have experienced it so don't know what that name would be.

The child gets his or or personal identification number just after being born.

Verde Esmeralda said:
Dagmar... I sincerely hope that they don't even think about naming her like that!

Thyra is so nice. I still haven't discovered the right way to pronounce it, but I'm sure the Danish will...

We pronounnce the name just lige Tyra Banks you know a famus model..

The name sounds like Thy-ra in Danish and in English and American it is Ty-ra

UserDane said:
In Denmark, you have to register the name of a child no later than 6 months after the birth. If you don't do that, it is said that your child will be given a name by the authorities. I have never heard of anyone who have experienced it so don't know what that name would be.

The child gets his or or personal identification number just after being born.

It is callede a Civil registation number and her in Denmark we call it a
CPR-nummer.

Last edited:
I really hope they don't call her Dagmar. I have said it before but I just really dislike the name.
Thyra would be very pretty as would Louisa

LaPlusBelle said:
I like Charlotte Ingrid Henrietta Margrethe

Oooo!!! Ding ding ding! I love that option! :wub: Mary, Fred, if you read this forum, go with LaPlusBelle's selection!!!

I'm still putting my chips on Thyra. It's a beautiful name, hasn't been used much and is a traditional Danish name.

Thyra Margrethe Ingrid Henrietta

I think
Margrethe Henrietta Ingrid Elizabeth Mary

H.M. Margrethe said:
It is callede a Civil registation number and her in Denmark we call it a
CPR-nummer.

I think in Poland the parents have only 2 weeks time to register a child.

Maybe they will name her Emma? I think that's a popular name in Denmark now. But I hate Thyra, awful name. The names of HH Princess Elisabeth are Elisabeth Caroline-Mathilde Alexandrine Helena Olga Thyra Feodora Estrid Margarethe Désirée.
So maybe Estrid instead of Astrid? But I still prefer Astrid, it's the best name for the little princess

I still think they will go with a traditional format of

Ingrid Dagmar Henrietta Margarethe

The only other option I see is to honour the fact tha Mary must have just had her pregnancy confirmed when they went to St Petersburg for the return of the late Dowager Empress

Maria Dagmar Alexandra Ingrid (the last name for Fred's Gran)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom