The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Royal Highlights > Royal Weddings

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 09-21-2013, 01:21 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Who was the gentlemen who walked in with Princess Alexandra?
She is walking with Claire's brother, as they are both witnesses of the wedding.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:24 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Week Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
There were of course more 'royals' as Luxemburg is related to many families and I wonder whether the Monaco representation has anything to do with the young couple's intent to farm in the south of France Regarding the Grand Duchess' vivid choice of dress, one can only admire her husband's solidarity!
I thought that, since Felix and Claire studied in Rome, they might move in the same set of People there as Pierre and Beatrice. It wouldn't be too surpirsing if they met there and became friends.

Old 09-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Heir Apparent

I think Claire is a stunning bride love her hairup perfect IMO
Old 09-21-2013, 01:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Pictures:
Wedding of Prince Felix and Claire Lademacher - Religious Ceremony-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

Wedding of Prince Felix and Claire Lademacher - Guests-
MYROYALS &HOLLYWOOD FASH

GENTLEMAN'S ESSENTIALS
Old 09-21-2013, 01:32 PM
Serene Highness

I'm torn. Overall, I liked Claire's dress, as I did Stephanie's. The fabric on both are exquisite and works of art, as expected from Elie Saab. However, the material doesn't always flatter. Maybe the fit on the bodice is off, but from certain angles, both Claire and Stephanie's sleeves made their arms look slightly bulky on their wedding days. and neither lady has heavy arms. I think I would have preferred to see Claire in something more streamlined like her civil wedding dress (and her arms looked wonderful in that dress), but I loved her hair, makeup and tiara-veil placement.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:41 PM
Serene Highness

I had some trouble opening pictures, did get many of them open. My first reaction was that the Claire was beautiful but this was not her very best style. She is tall and regal and she could possibly have had a gown and hairstyle with some upward tending lines? Still, very sweet and lovely. Maria Teresa in her new slimmer body was a real hit. MT's dress was a perfect color.
But MT looked a so short next to the grand loft of her new in-law, Claire's mother.
Tessy as always looked just right. Alexandra--no. Good color but dumpy. Needs straighter lines in dress--that dress with gathered skirt can only be worn well by a slender woman. Beatrice looked elegant--another tall woman, wearing the right kind of clothing for a tall woman, but I have to bow to those who say a pants suit is possibly not appropriate? but this pantsuit was elegant, modest, and I really think she looked superb, even with the feather wrapped around her head. Noah and Gabriel looked cheerful and in charge! The men all looked great--men's clothes are easier to do right? I will look more closely later.
Old 09-21-2013, 01:43 PM
Nobility

There are some photos from the church in this gallery --> Religious Wedding Of Prince Felix Of Luxembourg & Claire Lademacher - Pictures - Zimbio
Old 09-21-2013, 01:47 PM
Nobility

Lovely wedding photo of the couple

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?f...count=1&ref=nf
Old 09-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparant
Royal Blogger
Picture of the Week Team Member

More pics from the Church

http://lifestyle.rtl.lu/entertainmen...ty/469761.html
Old 09-21-2013, 01:52 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

Claire and her dress look lovely! The dress lived up to my expectations, I particularly like the lace detailing. I also like her tiara, very pretty. I don't mind the bridesmaid's dresses, they're nice, but they're not on my list of favourites. Gabriel and Noah look cute in their page boy outfits. In general, I think it looked like a very nice wedding and Felix and Claire look happy.

I found a couple of photos of the ceremony inside the church:

One ~ Two

There was a third photo but the watermark was covering Claire's face, although I'll post it here anyway in case anyone wants to have a look: http://cache3.asset-cache.net/gp/181...sxlSIT1nclUPrU

Edit: Just looked at a close up of the little bridesmaid's dresses and I've changed my mind. I like them.

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 09-21-2013, 01:59 PM
Majesty

Luxembourg's Prince Felix marries Claire Lademacher for the second time in three days | Mail Online
Old 09-21-2013, 02:11 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by gerry View Post
There were of course more 'royals' as Luxemburg is related to many families and I wonder whether the Monaco representation has anything to do with the young couple's intent to farm in the south of France Regarding the Grand Duchess' vivid choice of dress, one can only admire her husband's solidarity!
I hope the fact that Felix and Claire will be living in the South of France means that they will be invited to some of the Principality's grand events...like the Bal de la Croix Rouge, the Rose Ball, and the Grand Prix? How cool would it be?

I'd love to see some young glamour at these events for a change!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:16 PM
Royal Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by priyanka View Post
Is that a hat?

It's so awkward!!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:17 PM
Nobility

Photos --> Claire Lademacher - ?lub ksi?cia Luksemburga - 1/15 - ?wiat
Old 09-21-2013, 02:29 PM
Heir Apparent

Earlier someone asked whether GD Jean was there - yes he was

http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gc/181...eInE%2bg%3d%3d

Sorry if this has already been posted.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-21-2013, 02:43 PM
Heir Apparent

Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 28m
Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor (UK) today attended the Wedding of Prince Félix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg.

This precious stone set in the silver sea,......
This blessed plot, this earth, this realm, this England,
Old 09-21-2013, 02:48 PM
Courtier

I really like claire's look for the church wedding. I'm a little disappointed that she didn't wear the Congo tiara that MT wore, we haven't seen it since her wedding and I thought it would be nice to bring it back because it is so beautiful and delicate. But I'm just glad she wore a tiara at all. Its nice to see that MT loaned Claire the wedding earrings. It looked like a sweet wedding. Congrats to them!
Old 09-21-2013, 02:52 PM
Nobility

Claire came out of the church without her bouquet so I was wondering what she did with it?
Old 09-21-2013, 02:54 PM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by cepe View Post
Royal Central ‏@RoyalCentral 28m
Lord and Lady Nicholas Windsor (UK) today attended the Wedding of Prince Félix and Princess Claire of Luxembourg.

I think they run in the same circles as Guillaume and Felix. Lady Nicholas' brother was one of Gui's witnesses at his wedding last fall.

Thanks cepe.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:01 PM
Serene Highness

I'm amazed that so many posters think that Claire's gown is exactly like Stephanie's. With the exception that they are both designed by Elie Saab, they look nothing alike. Stephanie's gown was heavily beaded and laden with sequins. Claire's gown looks to be a beautiful embroidered silk organza with a very, very pale pink underlining.

She is a breathtakingly beautiful bride!

Tags
luxembourg, prince felix, princess claire of luxembourg, wedding