A boy for Prince Félix & Princess Claire: Prince Balthazar Felix Karl January 7, 2024

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

iceflower

Administrator
Site Team
Country
Germany
A boy for Prince Félix & Princess Claire: Prince Balthazar Felix Karl January 7, 2024

It's a second boy for Prince Félix and Princess Claire, born on January 7, 2024!

The baby is named Balthazar Felix Karl.

We are happy to announce the birth of our son, born on January 7, 2024 at the Grand-Duchesse Charlotte Maternity Hospital.
The newborn Prince will be named Balthasar Felix Karl.
It weighs 3,220 kg and measures 50 cm.

The baby and Princess Claire are in perfect health.

Felix and Claire with Amalia and Liam

** instagram post **

** monarchie: Naissance de Son Altesse Royale le Prince Balthasar Felix Karl **

**​

Last edited:
Congratulations to parens, grandparents and silings!

Welcome to the world, Prince Balthazar!

P.S. So now, when Princess Amalia didn't get a sister (may probably not get one already), maybe she will get a female cousin instead?

Last edited:
Congratulations to the Happy Parents and I'd never have guess the name Balthasar in a million years!

Congrats to Félix and Claire and to the New big siblings Amalia and Liam!
I love the name, Balthasar is lovely!
Welcome little Prince
(And the boys streak continue in the GDF, we'll see if Baby Bagory will break it)

Congratulations to the Happy Parents and I'd never have guess the name Balthasar in a million years!

Neither would I! Charlotte Casiraghi and Dimitri Rassam's son is the only other Balthasar that I can think of right away!;)

Congratulations to the whole family! I would never have guessed the name Balthasar!

Young Amalia still the only granddaughter! I’m sure she is the apple of the grandparents eye!

Congratulations to the whole family! I would never have guessed the name Balthasar!

Young Amalia still the only granddaughter! I’m sure she is the apple of the grandparents eye!

They were probably expecting the baby to be born on January 6, which is Balthasar's Feast Day in the church calendar.

Last edited:
Congrats! I think Balthasar was on no one's list!

They were probably expecting the baby to be born on January 6, which is Baltasar's Feast Day in the church calendar.

I was thinking the same. I'm going to say that, out of three magis' names, baby Balthasar got the best one IMOO.
Melchior and Gaspard feel heavier and somewhat older in my perception.

Congratulations to Prince Felix and Princess Claire!
Prince Balthasar's middle name of Felix not only honors his father but also Prince Felix, the spouse of Grand Duchess Charlotte.

Congratulations to Prince Felix and Princess Claire!
Prince Balthasar's middle name of Felix not only honors his father but also Prince Felix, the spouse of Grand Duchess Charlotte.

And his uncle, Claire's brother. So, the middle name was no surprise. I wonder if Karl is after emperor (now blessed) Karl. After all, he is Felix' great-greatuncle by marriage (as the husband of prince Felix' sister Zita, who was very close in age with him).

I wonder, since the baby was born in Luxembourg, will they do a photocall when leaving the hospital like how they did with Amalia?

Btw: I wouldn’t have guessed the name Balthasar. Interesting choice.

Congratulations to the parents, grandparents and siblings!!

Congratulations to the whole family on the birth of little Balthasar! :flowers::flowers:

Congratulations to the parents and their families!
Wow, Prince Balthasar. Didn't expect that name.

The name is very unusual. One of the Three Magi. It does have a sort of regal ring to it though, if you say it out loud.

Last edited:

It's a second boy for Prince Félix and Princess Claire, born on January 7, 2024!

The baby is named Balthasar Felix Karl.

** instagram post **

** monarchie: Naissance de Son Altesse Royale le Prince Balthasar Felix Karl **

**​
The announcement deviates from previous birth announcement in that the parents are announcing the birth instead of the grand duke and grand duchess.

I also noticed that he was born in Luxembourg (at the same hospital as his cousins), unlike his brother who was born in Geneva (Amalia - at that time the heiress of her generation - was also born at the Maternité Grande-Duchesse Charlotte).

Last edited:
What a beautiful round baby! The big siblings look so happy, and so does the Grand Ducal Couple! :wub:

Congratulations to the family on their newest addition.:heartflower:

Birth time

Can anybody provide me with the exact birth time of the just born Balthazar Felix Karl ?

Last edited:
Can anybody provide me with the exact birth time of the just born Balthazar Felix Karl ?

His parents most likely but not anyone on this forum as it hasn't been announced.

Back
Top Bottom