The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 06-10-2013, 02:14 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by kait View Post
I thought her whole look for the weddings was great and I really liked the wedding dress until I spotted that ruffle. Good thing we didn't see the bottom of the dress that much during the coverage.

Someone earlier in the thread made a good point about it not fitting well though. During the carriage ride, it turned into an off-the-shoulder number as can be seen in the photos of them as they're about to board the boat (Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's royal wedding: best moments).

While I like the idea of her reusing her mother's Nobel dress for the party, it looks too much like a prom/debutante dress to me.
Yes,the 2nd dress fairly screams Disney princess IMO.

Old 06-10-2013, 02:51 PM
Nobility

Bracelet bracelet,where is it from? Gift? Heirloom?

Old 06-10-2013, 03:25 PM
Imperial Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyCatharine View Post
Bracelet bracelet,where is it from? Gift? Heirloom?
The bracelet has belonged to the royal family for a long time, princess Lilian used it a lot.
Old 06-10-2013, 03:31 PM
Heir Apparent

Loved it. One of my favorite royal wedding dresses.
Old 06-10-2013, 04:24 PM
Courtier

I loved her wedding gown and I am glad she didn't wear a gown like the party dress for the wedding.
Old 06-10-2013, 06:23 PM
Commoner

It turns out that the second dress was actually made for the King & Queen's 25th Wedding Anniversary (just reused for the Nobel banquet).

Jennys kungliga blogg -
Old 06-10-2013, 07:15 PM
Heir Presumptive

Quote:
Originally Posted by dbarn67 View Post
Yes,the 2nd dress fairly screams Disney princess IMO.
That, or par-tay! Lovely
Old 06-10-2013, 07:21 PM
Heir Presumptive
Royal Blogger

Quote:
It turns out that the second dress was actually made for the King & Queen's 25th Wedding Anniversary (just reused for the Nobel banquet).

Jennys kungliga blogg -

That is a lovely touch that Madeleine was able to wear this gown as part of her own wedding festivities. And the fact it was originally made for her mother's silver wedding anniversary celebrations and then reused at a noble banquet explains it better than simply being a random dress borrowed - it now has a special meaning

Old 06-10-2013, 07:58 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyFinn View Post
The bracelet has belonged to the royal family for a long time, princess Lilian used it a lot.
Darn!

Oh well ..gorgeous
Old 06-11-2013, 02:45 AM
Heir Apparent

The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Princess Madeleine’s Wedding: The Bride

I loved her dress. It was not amazing, outstanding, or anything special, but I still loved it. The gown is romantic, elegant, timeless, and classic. My favorite part was the top half of the dress. I just love the lace bodice and the neckline. I also love the details on the skirt. Though, there are some things that I dislike about the gown. I wish the waistline was lower, and I really dislike the ruffle on the bottom. I really wished she wore the Cameo tiara. The Modern Fringe tiara is nice, but nothing special in my opinion. I also hoped that she would wear the family veil, though I do think her own veil is very beautiful. Earrings, bracelet, and bouquet, were perfect. Her dress is not one of my all time favorites but nevertheless, Madeleine made the beautiful bride.
Old 06-11-2013, 05:33 AM
Heir Apparent

The dress was lovely but to me the upper part should be different in the shoulders...it should be a little more like Catherine Middleton dress....
Also the waist should be different, ti should't be so round...and maybe a little more tight and maybe with a tall fabric around ita dn not so round...
Old 06-11-2013, 03:18 PM
Nobility

Quote:
Originally Posted by Southwesterngrad View Post
I disagree with Carlotta. I thought her dress was absolutely gorgeous and she looked stunning in it.

I read one account that her tiara is privately owned. Could it have been wedding gift from Chris? Does anyone know?
Read more about the tiara

http://orderofsplendor.blogspot.sg/2...nge-tiara.html
Old 06-11-2013, 03:29 PM
Nobility

Quote:
I thought her whole look for the wedding was great and I really liked the wedding dress until I spotted that ruffle. Good thing we didn't see the bottom of the dress that much during the coverage.

Someone earlier in the thread made a good point about it not fitting well though. During the carriage ride, it turned into an off-the-shoulder number as can be seen in the photos of them as they're about to board the boat (Princess Madeleine and Chris O'Neill's royal wedding: best moments).

While I like the idea of her reusing her mother's Nobel dress for the party, it looks too much like a prom/debutante dress to me.
Actually I find that the gown looks beautiful and more unique when it became an off-the-shoulder gown.

http://tieba.baidu.com/photo/p?kw=小和...f20db&see_lz=0
Old 06-11-2013, 03:48 PM
Heir Apparent

I loved that she wore her Mother's dress at the reception! She looked like the princess she is! She could have danced the night away in it.. Beautiful.
Old 06-11-2013, 04:29 PM
Courtier

I think Madeleine looked lovely from the shoulders up, her hair and make-up were fantastic and I liked the lace on the top part of the dress. However the rest I didn't like too much, especially the bottom of the skirt, looked like a curtain
Old 06-12-2013, 12:23 AM
Heir Apparent

What a fantastic idea for Madeleine wearing her mothers 2001 Nobel Prize dress at the wedding reception. That dress is one of the most beautiful gowns that I have ever seen. To me, this gown is perfect. Really wish we could see better photos of Madeleine wearing it.
Old 06-14-2013, 08:32 AM
Commoner

Ladies,
does anybody know who made for Madeleine wedding shoes?

I fall in love with them))))))))))))))
Old 06-14-2013, 10:43 AM
Heir Apparent

I just noticed that Princess Sibilla of Luxembourg's wedding gown also has a ruffle like Madeleine's wedding dress. Sibilla's gown is also by Valentino. Also, Madeleine's veil also kind of reminds me of Maxima's veil in my opinion. Maxima's gown is also by Valentino.
Old 06-14-2013, 10:53 AM
Courtier

Quote:

Jennys kungliga blogg -
Awwww. That's so sweet! Didn't realize that! She looked every bit the fairy tale bride she was in both dresses! I must confess, the second dress is kinda what I envisioned her in as her wedding gown...
Old 06-14-2013, 02:06 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by AlisaVilgh View Post
Ladies,
does anybody know who made for Madeleine wedding shoes?

I fall in love with them))))))))))))))
Found this Tumanas Style Blog: Imágenes zapatos de boda Magdalena de Suecia by Oscar de la Renta !

EDITED TO ADD: Confirmed on https://www.facebook.com/oscardelarenta