Máxima's Inauguration Tiara

If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

What tiara do you think that Princess Máxima will wear at the inauguration ceremony?

• Stuart tiara

Votes: 46 41.4%
  • Württemberg pearl tiara

Votes: 14 12.6%
  • Mellerio Sapphire tiara

Votes: 18 16.2%
  • Mellerio Ruby tiara

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Peacock Ruby tiara

Votes: 2 1.8%
  • Pearl Button tiara

Votes: 8 7.2%
  • Diamond bandeau

Votes: 5 4.5%
  • Queen Emma's floral tiara

Votes: 3 2.7%
  • Antique Pearl tiara

Votes: 4 3.6%
  • Other

Votes: 6 5.4%
  • No tiara

Votes: 2 1.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Marengo

Administrator
Site Team
City
São Paulo
Country
Brazil
Nl-arms.gif

The Coat of Arms of the Kingdom of The Netherlands

Welcome to the thread to discuss Princess Máxima's inauguration tiara.

Thanks and happy Posting!

JessRulz, LadyK, Marengo,
Dutch forum moderators

Last edited:
Last edited:
Im pulling for the sapphires, I don't know why....I just want to see Maxima in that tiara and matching jewels.

I like the starry version of the pearl button tiara, as she wore on her wedding day. Because it looks regal and I like the idea of using her personal form of this tiara for major events in her life, first becoming a princess and then a queen.

I'm hoping to see her in all the tiara's she didn't wore yet in the months/years after becoming queen.

Last edited:
If I were Maxima I would wear the lightest one available That said Im a fan of the stars. It suits her personality. Second choice is the sapphire.

Maxima has the potential to be a superb Queen Consort I think she's doing a wonderful job as Crown Princess. W-A chose very well

She's going to be Queen...she needs to wear the Stuart!

I think she'll wear the Stuart.

I think she will wear the Pearl Button tiara in its pearl form.
I want (and voted for) her to wear the Stuart though; it's very nearly a crown and as such more than appropriate for an Inauguration.

I think Maxima will wear the Mellerio Sapphire tiara

I think she will wear the Pearl Button tiara in its pearl form.

That's also was thinking too Artemisia,given its the historical precedence from the 1980 ceremony.

I love the Stuart tiara, and the Wurttemberg has always been one of my favorites, and I'm dying to see the full sapphire parure on Máxima, but I voted for other.

I love the idea that she'd wear the same tiara on the day she becomes queen that she wore on the day she became princess. Also, it's a little less "formal" (as tiaras go) than the bigger Stuart, Wurttemberg, or Sapphire.

Stuart tiara all the way. I think it fits the event. I really hope she doesn't wear the start diamond tiara, its too childish IMO. I also hope she doesn't wear a tiara we have seen on her before. The bigger the better for the day. She is going to be Queen.

Oh my! Well if anyone could pull this one off, it would be Maxima. I have to go with the Stuart, all the way.

I'd like to see her in the Stuart, but I think she'll wear the Diamond Bandeau (economic crises, etc) so that's what I voted for.

I hope she won't outshine her husband...so I'd prefer her to wear a more simple tiara. Moreover she's "just" the Queen Consort. It would be nice for her to wear her wedding tiara. Simple and smart.

I hope she won't outshine her husband...so I'd prefer her to wear a more simple tiara. Moreover she's "just" the Queen Consort. It would be nice for her to wear her wedding tiara. Simple and smart.
I agree with you. It would be great to see Maxima wearing the Stuart tiara one day, but somehow I cannot imagine she will wear it for the inauguration. Especially because even Queen Beatrix, who became a reigning Queen, chose the rather small pearl button tiara for her inauguration.

Which tiara will Maxima choose for the Inauguration?
The Dutch Royal House has a great number of historic jewels and Maxima has had a good use of them, having worn no less tan fifteen tiaras since her marriage in 2002. So which one will she choose for the most important day of them all? The magnificent Stuart Tiara which hasn't been seen in ages? The Pearl Button Tiara which Queen Beatrix wore for her own inauguration? One of the Mellerio Tiaras? The Wurttemberg Tiara? The possibilities are aplenty but thankfully not endless.

Over the next week, I will write about these tiaras individually. Some have already been covered.

Tiaras already covered:
Pearl Button tiara (with stars)
Pearl Button tiara (with pearls)
Queen Juliana’s Aquamarine Tiara
Queen Wilhelmina's Diamond Haircomb
Queen Emma’s Diamond Tiara (all-diamond)
Queen Emma’s Diamond Tiara (ruby and diamond)

I agree with you. It would be great to see Maxima wearing the Stuart tiara one day, but somehow I cannot imagine she will wear it for the inauguration. Especially because even Queen Beatrix, who became a reigning Queen, chose the rather small pearl button tiara for her inauguration.

that's exactly what I was thinking. We know Maxima is sometimes rather extravagant with her fashion choices and she definitely likes sparkling jewellery (who doesn't though LOL) . But this is not the right occasion to wear something quite substantial like the Stuart tiara. She'll have many other occasions when she'll be Queen..

Unfortunately if the Stuart does not come out for an occasion like this, we may never see it.

I am hoping for a complete parure. Queen Beatrix only wore a complete one once, the Aquamarine parure to Denmark. Máxima has never worn a complete parure thus far, but the options would be:

Stuart parure * Better view of the necklace & brooch

Mellerio Sapphire parure * Parure with the bracelet of the Dutch East Indies

Mellerio Ruby parure 1 * Mellerio Ruby parure 2

Apparently the bow brooch of the Stuart parure is very heavy,so heavy that a dress needs some extra support.

----

I am hoping for a complete parure, preferably the Stuart one. I have no idea in what shape it is though, it hasn't been seen in about 40 years. But somehow I think Máxima will go for something more modest since it is her husbands day. I voted the Württemberg pearl tiara as it is still susbtantial but doesn't stand out as much as the Stuart does.

Last edited:
I think she will go with something slightly smaller than the Stuart but I voted for it simply because that tiara is absolutely boss and is as close to a crown as it gets.
It's not the most beautiful, but it sure is the most impressive.

i also voted for the stuart tiara. when i saw the picture i couldn't hide my excitement of seeing maxima in that full parure for the enthronement. what a set!

i also really like Queen Emma's floral tiara, but seeing maxima never wore the stuart tiara, i think she was saving it for a special ocassion and this is definitely one!

here's a great blog post on the history of the stuart tiara:
The Royal Order of Sartorial Splendor: Tiara Thursday: The Stuart Tiara

I was doubt between Stuart tiara and Württemberg pearl tiara, and decide my vote to go for Württemberg pearl tiara.... I think this is Queen Beatrix wedding tiara ....but I want to see the big Stuart tiara ... cross fingers ;)

For her inauguration Queen Juliana didn't wear a tiara, I think. In the videos it looks like she wore some kind of hairnet or headpiece with diamonds. It's hard to see in the photos:
Juliana 1948: Picture, Picture
Does anyone know what Juliana wore in her hair here?

Beatrix wore the small Diamond Pearl tiara:
Beatrix 1980: Picture, Picture

(pictures:anp)

They both wore rather "decent" tiaras/headwear, so it's really hard for me to imagine Máxima would really chose the Stuart tiara. I voted for the Württemberg Tiara , but I start wondering if she'll maybe chose one of the smaller tiaras, like the beautiful Queen Emma Floral tiara or the Pearl tiara or something like this...

MagMil said:
[...] and decide my vote to go for Württemberg pearl tiara.... I think this is Queen Beatrix wedding tiara ....
Yes, right. Picture

Last edited:
:previous:
It's hard to tell with Queen Juliana but in this picture, it almost looks like she's wearing Queen Wilhelmina's Diamond Haircomb. Then again, I believe there are other diamond haircombs and small tiaras in the Dutch collection (mostly, coming from Wilhelmina as well), so it's hard to tell. She's wearing the devant de corsage from the Melleiro Ruby Parure and her necklace appears to be a combination of rubies and diamonds, so it's a safe bet to say that the hairpiece is either all-diamond, or ruby and diamond as well.

Juliana and Beatrix were Queens Regnant and focal point of the ceremony anyway. Maxima is the first Queen Consort in nearly 123 years so there is no fixed tradition what she can or cannot wear. The Dutch Inauguration ceremony is probably closest to a coronation among the continental ceremonies so I'm hoping for something that will scream "Queen". Or, in other words, I'm hoping for the Stuart.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom