The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Dutch Royals > Abdication & Inauguration 2013

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 03-29-2013, 07:35 PM
Super Moderator
Royal Blogger

Quote:
Originally Posted by Marengo View Post
No reigning monarchs for sure. I think mostly the CP's, hopefully Caroline for Monaco (wouldn't know who else they can send). And I personally hope for the earl and countess of Wessex, though this is not likely as the earl has another engagement. I am wondering if Liechtenstein will send the regent Alois or somebody else. During the inhauguration of the pope they were treated as the reigning couple.

I wonder if they will also invite guests from the UAE and the Gulf states. Upto now I can only remember Moroccan and Jordanian royalty at Dutch events, but not anybody representing other arab states.
I wonder also if there will be any non reigning royals present,Greece,Romania,Serbia ect?

Old 03-29-2013, 09:52 PM
Heir Presumptive

Why won't the reigning monarchs attend?

Old 03-30-2013, 06:50 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4Pam View Post
Why won't the reigning monarchs attend?
It is custom that a new Monarch first visits all the already Reigning collegues,hence most often the CP couples and/or other members of Royal Families are in attendance.

As for the UAE and other Arab States.HM Queen Beatrix has visited many if not most of them as the first Reigning Dutch Monarch,alone or with WA and Mxima,so there might be a larger contingent of Royal guests representing from there too,yes.Of non-Reigning Houses,mostly the Greek House is represented here often as they are close friends but I don't recall them being in attendance in 1980 either as we have friendly relations with Greece that country will be represented at a State Ceremony like this one by it's Embassador only.
Old 03-30-2013, 02:48 PM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

I wouldn't be surprised if there would be no non-reigning royals at all (except for the Bourbon-Parma's). I can't recall any of them at the inhauguration of Juliana or Beatrix. I also don't expect other RF's being represented by several couples. So probably no Duke & Duchess of Brabant, Astrid & husband, Laurent & Claire, but just the duke and duhess of Brabant.
Old 04-01-2013, 12:01 PM
Majesty

Quote:
I wouldn't be surprised if there would be no non-reigning royals at all (except for the Bourbon-Parma's). I can't recall any of them at the inhauguration of Juliana or Beatrix. I also don't expect other RF's being represented by several couples. So probably no Duke & Duchess of Brabant, Astrid & husband, Laurent & Claire, but just the duke and duhess of Brabant.

No,no non-Reigning families will be represented,as I said,these countries,these former Monarchies,will be represented by their Embassadors,including the Greeks.

Dutch national TV,NOS will air all day om April 30th starting officially at 09.00AM but surely as soon as the breakfast show starts at 07.00AM it will be all about the Abdication,the Enthronement and what's up in Amsterdam and the rest of the country.NOS Ned1 will air all the way through till 23.00PM,so untill after the Royal tour on the IJ river and into the Gala at the Muziektheather aan 't IJ after the arrival there by the Royal Couple at 21.30PM.

Much the same line was followed on april 30th 1980.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:10 AM
Majesty

The website and app for the Kings Song,'t Koningslied,was launched on-line this morning.Write your own text for King and Country and send it in,it might be used by Ewbank,the composer to the music of the song....

Het officile Koningslied
Old 04-02-2013, 04:58 AM
Administrator
Royal Blogger, TRF Author

Wasn't Ewbank in the news a short while ago as he was accused of plagiarism? I believe the melody that he will use for the song is very simular to the song '10.000 Reasons' of a Matt Redman. Apparently the text will be written by Acda & de Munnik, Guus Meeuwis and Daphne Dekkers. The song will be sung at a festivity in Ahoy, Rotterdam.

http://www.royalty-online.nl/?e=1818
Old 04-02-2013, 06:35 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Wasn't Ewbank in the news a short while ago as he was accused of plagiarism? I believe the melody that he will use for the song is very simular to the song '10.000 Reasons' of a Matt Redman. Apparently the text will be written by Acda & de Munnik, Guus Meeuwis and Daphne Dekkers. The song will be sung at a festivity in Ahoy, Rotterdam.

Anita Meijer, Jim Bakkum, Edsilia Rombley en anderen zingen Koningslied - Royalty Online - Royalty -
Yes he was accused of that,it's a John Ewbank story in Hilversum...he's in charge there..or so it seems...

Also, a Dream site was launched,anyone can send in a dream of what they'd like to see happen the next couple of years for TM and all of us in our Country..

http:///www.mijndroomvooronsland.nl/

Andr van Duyn and Daphne Dekker will be among the jurors..

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1482757

Radio 2 will have the Orange Journal three timea a day with all updates on anything related to April 30th.

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1482751

And some of the artists for the Kings Song to be performed at AHOY Rotterdam from where it will be aired nationwide on squares and what not...

http://www.anpfoto.nl/search.pp?eventid=1481836
Old 04-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Heir Presumptive

Dumb question, but what would Queen Beatrix's title be once WA and Maxima are inaugurated? Is she still HM Queen Beatrix?
Old 04-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Dumb question, but what would Queen Beatrix's title be once WA and Maxima are inaugurated? Is she still HM Queen Beatrix?
No she will be HRH Princess Beatrix.Like her mother before her.
Old 04-02-2013, 10:24 AM
Super Moderator

Quote:
In the moment she has signed the Act of abdication in the morning of 30.04. she will become HRH Princess Beatrix again and Willem-Alexander HM King Willem-Alexander.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-02-2013, 12:44 PM
Heir Apparent

How I became queen

it's a shame netherlands is not like the UK and there isn't such thing as the "queen mother". it feels strange for beatrix to become only a princess! (stupid question: would this mean she would curtsy to her son/maxima? i guess not but i thought i'd check...)

in the meantime, i was reading this article of a reputable newspaper of argentina (la nacion) intitled "how i became queen"

Cmo me convert en reina

it mostly tells the story of the abdication of beatrix. i thought of translating a few bits and pieces that i found quite interesting. one could argue how can the writer know all this info, but he/she tells in the story a lot of details that only someone who knows maxima well could know. so i think it's quite credible information.

-it mentions how she told WA about abdicating after friso's accident, and the again during the hereditary couple's holidays in villa angostura this Xmas. it says: "This time the Crown prince did not object. He Just asked her how long she could hold for, and Beatrix replied she was determined it had to be soon."

-after this decision by beatrix, maxima arrived, confused, some days before her husband to Buenos Aires alone, days before he and his daughters, to spend time with family and friends. She arrived on a private jet on December 15, flanked by two bodyguards.

the article says she didn't stay at her parents' or the Alvear Hotel. She stayed in the apprartment of a single friend. "She ate huge amounts, as she described", says the writer. She talked for a long time with old colleagues from the Northlands school, visited Puerto Madero paced and went shopping in Santa Fe Avenue. "She was horrified by the clothing prices".

She did not want to talk about the abdication and kept the secret. She stayed with parents and siblings in the house that is property of Braun Francisco. In the mansion of Braun, she ordered roasts, made pizzas and went to buy croissants*. However, she didn't like eating. People flattered her on how skinny she was. A friend asked, jokingly, if she had undergone stetic operation and she replied, seriously: "No, but if needed I would go into the operating room without problems. For now, I'm all sacrifices. I keep eating salads!".

- She talked endlesly about her daughters, she said that a few times she pushed her daughters to the channels that are within the palace grounds to learn to swim. She also said that Ariane looks set to be the most "Argentina" of their daughters. Maxima hired an argentinian nanny for her, as opposed to the dutch Hansje Grtz, who took care of amalia and alexia. they mention in the article how the new nanny had studied in the netherlands, and followed a very strict recruitment process: criminal checks, interviews with the ambassador, selection over other 10 candidates, before she was flown to the netherlands.

* all of these being rather popular argentinian foods
http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/
Take some time to sign the petitions @: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/animal-welfare/all
Old 04-02-2013, 01:24 PM
Courtier

I think its going to be HRH Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands as that was what she was called before she was Queen. Personally I can't imagine calling her anything but Queen Beatrix.

Edit - just checked and yep its Princess Beatrix for sure from the royal website:

How is Queen Beatrix called after her abdication?
Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands.

How would Queen Beatrix that we will call her?
Princess Beatrix.

http://www.koninklijkhuis.nl/nieuws/...stelde-vragen/
Old 04-02-2013, 01:57 PM
Serene Highness

Quote:
Originally Posted by tommy100 View Post
How is Queen Beatrix called after her abdication?
Her Royal Highness Princess Beatrix of the Netherlands.
That's so strange, starting to call Queen Beatrix "Princess". In my opinion, once a Queen, always a Queen, even if you lose the title.

Can't King Willem-Alexander granting her the tilte of "Queen Mother"? Didn't the Netherlands have something like Letters of Patent?
Old 04-02-2013, 02:07 PM
Super Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
Can't King Willem-Alexander granting her the tilte of "Queen Mother"? Didn't the Netherlands have something like Letters of Patent?
Don't think that is possible. At last not without the consent of the Government as these Titles are regulated in the Act of the membership of the Royal House.

Royal Travel and Events

Old 04-02-2013, 02:32 PM
Commoner

Quote:
Originally Posted by BrazilianEmpire View Post
The title Queen Mother doent exist in the Netherlands and its for more than 100 years a tradition that all Queens will be named Princess after their abdication. Only after her dead Princess Beatrix will be named Queen. The same happend with Wilhelmina and Juliana.
I think regular people and media will call Beatrix Queen Mother, but the officialy title is Princess.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Commoner

NOS Dossier - Troonswisseling - Nieuwe Kerk

A nice link that was publiced today by the National Television (NOS) with a map of the church with news about the church and the day of inauguration. I found only a Dutch translation.
Old 04-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Serene Highness

I am still in shock that Queen Beatrix will abdicate, I know it is a tradition in the Netherlands but being American, I had only had exposure to British Royalty until this wonderful forum, so it strikes me as strange but I think it is a nice tradition because now she will be able to enjoy more of her life and grandchildren, travel a littlle bit more freely. I personally wish Queen Elizabeth would do this only because I wish her a chance to relax after all the sacrifice she has made since she was 25 for the Crown. I would like to see her and Prince Philip relax and enjoy their golden years, sadly through I don't think Charles has a lot of support in becoming King. Willem-Alexander just looks like a King, he is one handsome man(no disrespect meant to either him or Charles, just my opinion)
Old 04-02-2013, 02:56 PM
Commoner

[QUOTE=Rebafan81;1535084]I am still in shock that Queen Beatrix will abdicate, I know it is a tradition in the Netherlands but being American, I had only had exposure to British Royalty until this wonderful forum, so it strikes [/QUOT

I think the Netherlands are in this way an example for a very modern monarchy. But I must say also Luxembourg and Liechtenstein are known with the abdication of their Head of State.
Old 04-02-2013, 03:13 PM
Serene Highness

[QUOTE=Dutchy;1535090]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rebafan81 View Post
I am still in shock that Queen Beatrix will abdicate, I know it is a tradition in the Netherlands but being American, I had only had exposure to British Royalty until this wonderful forum, so it strikes [/QUOT

I think the Netherlands are in this way an example for a very modern monarchy. But I must say also Luxembourg and Liechtenstein are known with the abdication of their Head of State.
No, in Liechtenstein the Prince usually names his heir to be Regent, but don't abdicates.

But I bet that Belgium will start with the abdication custom in the years to come.

Tags
abdication, crown prince willem-alexander, enthronement, king willem-alexander, prince of orange, prince willem-alexander, queen beatrix