The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 02-01-2019, 06:53 AM
Majesty

Sunday 10th February, 2019

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will attend the EE British Academy Film Awards ceremony at the Royal Albert Hall on 10th February. The Duke, President of the British Academy of Film and Television Arts (BAFTA), and The Duchess will meet BAFTA representatives and watch the ceremony. The Duke will also present the Fellowship award. BAFTA is a world-leading independent arts charity that brings the very best work in film, games and television to public attention and supports the growth of creative talent in the UK and internationally. While BAFTA is well-known for celebrating excellence and championing creativity through its awards, it is a charity committed to identifying talented individuals, and making sure they receive the encouragement, professional support and advice that will enable them to succeed, regardless of their background or other circumstances.

The Fellowship, which The Duke will present, is awarded annually at the ceremony, and is the highest accolade bestowed by the Academy to an individual in recognition of an outstanding and exceptional contribution to film, games or television. The recipient of this year’s Fellowship will be Ms Thelma Schoonmaker.

In addition to its Awards ceremonies, BAFTA has a year-round learning and new talent programme, including a campaign to support young people from all backgrounds entering the film, games and television industries, which The Duke helped relaunch in 2013, and a scholarships programme, which features the ‘Prince William Scholarships in Film, Games and Television’.

The Duke has been President of the Academy since February 2010, and both His Royal Highness and The Duchess have supported BAFTA’s charitable activities by attending events across the charity’s learning programmes, including Young Game Designers and BAFTA Kids events, as well as others related to building cross-cultural collaborations with the creative industries in China.

Old 02-10-2019, 12:11 PM
Imperial Majesty

Reminder:
The BAFTA’s is tonight! The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will be attending. You can watch the ceremony LIVE on BBC America and BBC One- 8pm-
Schedule | BBC America

9pm-
https://www.bbc.co.uk/programmes/b0c37bpg

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-10-2019, 12:26 PM
Heir Apparent

I am not thinking it is live. My ET zone coverage starts at 9PM, which is 2 am UK time.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:47 PM
Aristocracy

The Red Carpet is on live now on the BBC News channel. Kate looks amazing in white. https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/av/10318089/bbc-news-channel
Old 02-10-2019, 02:52 PM
Imperial Majesty
Royal Blogger

Always in the right place at the right time Karen Anvil snapped this great shot: https://twitter.com/Anvilius/status/1094669717858586624

She's the lady who grabbed the famous Fab Four shot Christmas 2017.
Old 02-10-2019, 02:53 PM
Imperial Majesty

Galleries from tonight

https://www.rexfeatures.com/livefeed...of%20Cambridge

https://www.gettyimages.es/search/2/...ssettype=image

Video from their arrival

https://twitter.com/i/status/1094670082477821953

Inside take their seats

https://twitter.com/i/status/1094684203734745088

Article

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbi...ed-carpet.html
Old 02-10-2019, 04:04 PM
Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge have arrived at The Royal Albert Hall for the 72nd British Academy Film Awards in London

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with a number of BAFTA winners including Rami Malek, Bradley Cooper and Olivia Colman following the ceremony at London’s Royal Albert Hall

Old 02-10-2019, 09:32 PM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rudolph View Post
The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge met with a number of BAFTA winners including Rami Malek, Bradley Cooper and Olivia Colman following the ceremony at London’s Royal Albert Hall

What a lovely and gracious couple!
Old 02-11-2019, 12:37 AM
Imperial Majesty

This is one couple that knows how to make an entrance.

Yes, the whole evening was nice. Joanna’s jokes weren’t all that funny, but the Cambridge’s always put the icing on the cake at this event. They got a chance to meet Spike Lee, so that was exciting.

A.W. TOZER
Old 02-11-2019, 01:45 AM
Aristocracy

Can’t watch the second video since i’m at work.. somebody please tell me William makes a “shall I call you granny now?” joke with Olivia Coleman!
Old 02-11-2019, 01:36 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by evolvingdoors View Post
Can’t watch the second video since i’m at work.. somebody please tell me William makes a “shall I call you granny now?” joke with Olivia Coleman!
I couldn't quite get the conversation, what they was saying - but I don't think Prince William made that joke this time. He already did that with Dame Helen Mirren in 2014, and I thought that was cute, but from what Dame.H.Mirren said on another TV interview, she did not like it.
Old 02-11-2019, 02:23 PM
Majesty

kate looked stunning. that gown is gorgeous. i love the full skirt - decadent.
Old 02-11-2019, 03:47 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fijiro View Post
I couldn't quite get the conversation, what they was saying - but I don't think Prince William made that joke this time. He already did that with Dame Helen Mirren in 2014, and I thought that was cute, but from what Dame.H.Mirren said on another TV interview, she did not like it.
In this particular case, the joke wouldn’t make any sense as William is not a descendant of Queen Anne. Dame Helen on the other hand was playing William’s actual grandmother !
Old 02-11-2019, 04:42 PM
Aristocracy

Olivia is playing his Granny in The Crown.
Old 02-11-2019, 04:49 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lilyflo View Post
Olivia is playing his Granny in The Crown.
OK, I didn’t know that. It makes sense then.
Old 02-11-2019, 06:05 PM
Heir Apparent
Royal Blogger

I love the comment one of the guests made: ‘Who do I bow too ? William and Kate or Olivia and Claire Foy?’
It was great to see the couple there. I love the interactions between Catherine and Olivia Colman - and of course we can always rely on Karen Anvil for good photos!

"Think of all the beauty still left around you and be happy". Anne Frank
Old 02-11-2019, 11:05 PM
Heir Presumptive

Court Circular 10th February:
The Duke of Cambridge, President, British Academy of Film and Television Arts, and The Duchess of Cambridge this evening attended the British Academy Film Awards at the Royal Albert Hall, Kensington Gore, London SW7, and were received by Her Majesty's Lord-Lieutenant of Greater London (Sir Kenneth Olisa).
Old 02-12-2019, 12:02 AM
Courtier

These videos of the Cambridges chatting with folks after the ceremony really highlight for me just how skilled Kate has become at making each person she’s with feel like they’re the center of her world for a moment. It’s something I’ve noticed in videos of her interactions with people over the last year or so, but the way so many of these stars (who are far more used to meeting famous people than, say, the folks the royals meet during a visit to a school or charity) seem to be kind of thrilled by their conversations with her.

In her early years on the job I felt that Kate struggled at meet and greets. She tended to look a little scared with anyone over the age of 10. But I do think she’s put in some real work to master the skill of elevating small talk to something that makes the other person feel special, built her own confidence in the process, and now she has really blossomed into being one of the more personable royals in one-on-one interactions. Good job, Duchess!
Old 02-12-2019, 12:13 AM
Heir Presumptive

My phone has been swapped thought it might
Old 02-13-2019, 04:02 AM
Commoner

I wonder if the BAFTA's is something that might be handed over to Meghan and Harry one day. I'm just thinking that Meghan would be a better fit since she has theater and acting quals etc.

Meghan wasn't on the scene when William got the BAFTA's so I just wonder if he's the best fit for it now.

Maybe when Charles succeeds there might be opportunity for a bit of re-shuffling, indeed I would think they would have to be given Charles will be stepping up and everyone else will have to share out or review what will happen to all the patronages across the board.

Have royals ever changed patronages 'mid stream' (excluding generational/retirement type handovers like the Queen giving the tennis to Catherine, I mean) amongst themselves?

Would it be seen as an insult to the patronage or would they just be grateful they have any royal support since it's in such demand?