The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Join The Royal Forums Today

Old 08-17-2013, 04:50 PM
Imperial Majesty

Yeah, those sleepless nights can take a toll on you but it's all part of those baby memories anyway.

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-18-2013, 06:30 PM
Heir Presumptive

Honestly I don't think William looks tired, he just looks skinnier to me. I wonder if he will talk about the baby.

Jaqueline Bouvier Kennedy, September 12, 1953
Countess Stephanie of Belgium October 20, 2012
Old 08-19-2013, 12:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

Reminder:
Prince William tells CNN about being a father in first interview since birth of son- Monday, Portion of the interview will air on CNN's New Day,August 19th at 8:00 a.m. ET.
Prince William tells CNN about being a father in first interview - CNN.com

A.W. TOZER
Old 08-19-2013, 04:26 AM
Super Moderator

With all due respect for CNN and to the audience in the US, I am a little annoyed by the fact that William is happy to provide a decent interview for them (after two years of apparent negotiation), whilst here in Britain we're lucky to get a comment from him! Someone make me feel happier about the situation please!
Old 08-19-2013, 05:29 AM
Majesty

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
With all due respect for CNN and to the audience in the US, I am a little annoyed by the fact that William is happy to provide a decent interview for them (after two years of apparent negotiation), whilst here in Britain we're lucky to get a comment from him! Someone make me feel happier about the situation please!
Its a joint ITN-CNN production
Old 08-19-2013, 09:34 AM
Heir Apparent

There were nice excerpts from the total interview on CNN this AM.

Things that I noticed:
William speaks to doing things the way he knows how (with a premium on independence) and takes pains to not step on how other generations have done it. But, he is very aware of the difference. He notes he, Catherine and Harry share the independent approach and that he has great people around him to give advice.

The flowers were GORGEOUS. Max later said that the interview was done in the garden outside their house. I think he meant Nott Cott garden as he said the family were staying there just then (and the timing was just before the Duke returned to work). They were arranged flowers - I am sure from CNN production.

They shot Max from behind William so one could say that one star of the event is his (Will's) male pattern baldness. The man seems completely at peace with the issue. And I can't think of other royals in a one on one interview that allowed themselves to be photographed from behind. Heck, most entertainment A listers won't allow it.

The Prince mentions Lupo slobbering all over. Cute. They clean up Lupo's dog slobber, just like real people.

Entire interview to air Sept. 15.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jacknch View Post
It will be on ITV aswell.
Old 08-19-2013, 09:38 AM
Heir Apparent

Here is the link: Prince William talks fatherhood - CNN.com Video
Old 08-19-2013, 10:55 AM
Majesty

Location: On the west side of North up from Back, United States
I watched William on CNN this morning and smiled through the entire thing. For people that aren't overly familiar with William, I think the main impression that he'll make is that although he's been born into a family with a title of "highness", there is nothing egotistical about this man. He presented himself as the proud father he was and how important his wife and son were to him and how important being hands on and doing it himself was to him. Just watching his face as he described life with his young son, you know those late nights, wiggles and cleaning up the dog slobber were precious memories he'll have for the rest of his life. He talks fondly of how Lupo is adjusting to life with baby. A really normal household with really normal people experiencing things for the first time.

Although William has full realization of who he is and what his duties and role in life is and will be, there's a down to earth element about him that endears him to the public.
Old 08-19-2013, 11:58 AM
Super Moderator

Thanks Muriel and Royalistbert! And thanks AdmirerUS for posting the link!
Old 08-27-2013, 05:42 PM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dman View Post
Reminder:
Prince William tells CNN about being a father in first interview since birth of son- Monday, Portion of the interview will air on CNN's New Day,August 19th at 8:00 a.m. ET.
Prince William tells CNN about being a father in first interview - CNN.com
How I wish I got CNN - I'll have to catch it when it is posted in full online.
Old 09-09-2013, 11:34 PM
Imperial Majesty

Prince William: Fatherhood makes me much more emotional:
Prince William: Fatherhood makes me much more emotional | Royal | News | Daily Express

Prince William - fatherhood has made me more emotionally in tune with the world:
Prince William - fatherhood has made me more emotionally in tune with the world | Radio Times

Prince William: I dream of Africa-
http://www.cnn.com/2013/09/09/world/...ca-max-foster/

Seems like it's a very passionate interview from William. I really like that his heart is really into his causes. It's also nice knowing that he daydreams and Africa is one of the places his dreams goes to. He also have animal sounds on his iPhone.

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2013, 09:25 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke of Cambridge expands his work in the field of conservation:
The Duke of Cambridge is currently involved in a number of initiatives to expand his work in the field of conservation, particularly in respect of protecting endangered species and habitats.

Through his Foundation, His Royal Highness has brought together an unprecedented collaboration between seven of the world’s most influential conservation organisations and the Royal Foundation of The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge and Prince Harry.

The partnership, named “United for Wildlife”, is a long-term commitment to tackle the global challenges to the world’s natural resources so they can be safeguarded for future generations.

The Duke will be President of the collaboration. United for Wildlife will bring together some of the world’s largest environmental organisations and harness the resources and expertise of global leaders in business, communications, technology and the creative industries to tackle a common, universal challenge-
The Duke of Cambridge expands his work in the field of conservation

http://www.wildaid.org/

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2013, 09:28 AM
Imperial Majesty

The Duke and Duchess of Cambridge will tonight attend the inaugural Tusk Conservation Awards at the Royal Society in London. As Patron of the charity, The Duke will present two awards, which recognise outstanding achievement in the field of African Conservation.

Tusk Conservation Awards

The Duke of Cambridge, David Beckham, and Yao Ming Team Up for Rhinos and Elephants:
The Duke of Cambridge, David Beckham, and Yao Ming met in London today to film two public service messages on illegal wildlife products. The messages focus on reducing demand for both rhino horn and ivory and will air globally, with targeted outreach in China and Vietnam, later this year as part of WildAid’s demand reduction campaign and the Royal Foundation’s United for Wildlife Collaboration-
WildAid | The Duke of Cambridge, David Beckham, and Yao Ming Team Up for Rhinos and Elephants

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2013, 09:57 AM
Heir Apparent

I was looking for the pics from last years's Tusk Awards and ran across this fun photo of Lupo at the 2012 Tusk Conservation Polo Match.
http://cache1.asset-cache.net/gp/158...5vnLmYCbWqG0bW
Old 09-12-2013, 01:12 PM
Imperial Majesty

Mark Stewart ‏@RegalEyes 2h
The red carpet is put down ahead of tonights Tusk Conservation Awards attended by the Duke & Duchess of Cambridge. pic.twitter.com/Nrgoo5MSjG

A.W. TOZER
Old 09-12-2013, 03:21 PM
Heir Apparent

Richard Palmer ‏@RoyalReporter 58s Kate's dress is by Jenny Packham. Sequinned drop waist.

David Wilkinson ‏@DWilkinsonCNN 1m
William & Kate on the red carpet at Tusk Conservation Awards. #cnn #royal @ The Royal Society http://instagram.com/p/eK4suPi8_G/

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 7m
#royal #Kate arrives at @TuskTrust awards pic.twitter.com/1hptl0okqQ

@Georginaitv: William and Kate arrive at the Tusk awards in London. pic.twitter.com/ScwcQRFjfF

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 2m #royal #kate More Arrival shots of Duke and Duchess @TuskTrust pic.twitter.com/ILi6VjH1Bz

David Wilkinson ‏@DWilkinsonCNN 21s Royal bling #kate pic.twitter.com/Ltq2OVwkFw

What Would Kate Do ‏@WWKD_Official 5m Kate's dress is by Jenny Packham. ID by the amazing @annieelizabethn http://www.stylebop.com/product_details.php?id=401151&campaign=affiliate/linkshare/usa/&utm_source=affiliate&utm_medium=linkshare&utm_campaign=adsus&siteID=Hy3bqNL2jtQ-cOowIvqMquq8_hfDDx2OtA …

Paul Harrison ‏@SkyNewsRoyal 54s #Royal #kate Bound to make front pages with this dress #jennypackham pic.twitter.com/cksnPtnuff

Rose Hughes (Gretton ‏@RoseSkyNews Ali Bongo of Gabon asked Kate who George looks like: "Like most babies he has got a mix of both of us". U'd hope so! pic.twitter.com/07ozqJ6Fzh

Video of their arrival:
RoyalKateDebate ‏@RoyalKateDebate 3m@_mio: #princewilliam + #duchesskate arrive at the @TuskTrust #tuskawards - looking great! http://Instagram.com/p/eK4nTEH02w/ #instavid” VIDEO
Old 09-12-2013, 03:25 PM
Courtier

Dress by Jenny Packham and Jimmy Choo Vamp glitter sandals!

Rose Hughes (Gretton@RoseSkyNews2m
Ali Bongo of Gabon asked Kate who George looks like: "Like most babies he has got a mix of both of us". U'd hope so!
Old 09-12-2013, 03:26 PM
Courtier

Catherine looks stunning
Old 09-12-2013, 03:30 PM
Imperial Majesty

Wow, Their Royal Highness's looks great tonight.

A.W. TOZER