The Royal Forums Coat of Arms

Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
  #221  
Old 02-11-2007, 04:12 PM
LadyK's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothy
I am sure Alexandra will take part in many royal occaisions. I never understood this "not a member of the RF" once divorced. She is; she is the mother of Joachim's sons. They will be family forever. I daresay there will be many occaisions related to the princes where Alex will be present.
There is a difference to the family and the "Royal Family" and Royal House.
The Royal Family generally only includes those in the line of succession, and their wifes, I think. The DRF includes Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princess Benidikte, Princess Elizabeth, Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Prince Joachim, Prince Nicolas, and Prince Felix. Princess Benedikte's husband is not considered a member of the DRF (I'm 98% sure), nor is Princess Christina and family, as she renounced her claim to the throne. Technically, Queen Anne Marie and family are a separate royal family.
__________________

__________________
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  #222  
Old 02-11-2007, 04:24 PM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
There is a difference to the family and the "Royal Family" and Royal House.
The Royal Family generally only includes those in the line of succession, and their wifes, I think. The DRF includes Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princess Benidikte, Princess Elizabeth, Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Prince Joachim, Prince Nicolas, and Prince Felix. Princess Benedikte's husband is not considered a member of the DRF (I'm 98% sure), nor is Princess Christina and family, as she renounced her claim to the throne. Technically, Queen Anne Marie and family are a separate royal family.
Princess Christina?
__________________

__________________
  #223  
Old 02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
laurixa's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Location: malaga, Spain
Posts: 196
Congratulations!
__________________
  #224  
Old 02-11-2007, 04:43 PM
billie-jo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: cessnock, Australia
Posts: 112
yes i do think that sister morphine.
billie-jo
__________________
  #225  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
If he has declined to pay child support and see his child than I agree that is quite ungentleman like behavior. But again...we don't know all the facts.

If it is alleged that the mother doesn't want him to have a relationship with the child...then what is he supposed to do? Take her to court and force the daughter to have a relationship with him. Even though she apparently has a father figure? How do we know that he is really not paying any type of support at all?

Again, I don't know ALL the facts nor do I think that we will know all of them.
Yes. I think so. He should play a role in the girl's life (even as a family friend). He relinquishes parental rights because the mother asked him too. What happens when the girl grows up, finds out that her "father figure" is not her real father and that her real father lived in Denmark all along also. How will he answer her questions -sorry your mother told me not to see you and that's why I did not pay child support or played a role in your life?
__________________
  #226  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Times2222
Yes. I think so. He should play a role in the girl's life (even as a family friend). He relinquishes parental rights because the mother asked him too. What happens when the girl grows up, finds out that her "father figure" is not her real father and that her real father lived in Denmark all along also. How will he answer her questions -sorry your mother told me not to see you and that's why I did not pay child support or played a role in your life?
Remember this is all alleged...no definite proof has ever been provided but YES if that is the case.

And then she needs to talk to her mother....my point is....it goes both ways. If Martin has no relationship with his daughter because the mother asked him no to. He needs to explain why he walked away and and she (the mother) needs to explain why she asked him to. They both have to answer to the daughter. No one else. Not any of us. Not Denmark just her. Remember they are all private citizens.
__________________
  #227  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Gentry
 
Join Date: Sep 2003
Posts: 86
Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothy
Ysbel, She may also dislike the royal tag. Certainly Prince Edward, for example, did not wish it on his daughter. Not everybody that's "been there", as you say, sees it as universally desireable.

Prince Edward's sister Princess Anne also did not want her two kids Philip and Zara to get royal titles. She wanted them to have normal lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Remember this is all alleged...no definite proof has ever been provided but YES if that is the case.

And then she needs to talk to her mother....my point is....it goes both ways. If Martin has no relationship with his daughter because the mother asked him no to. He needs to explain why he walked away and and she (the mother) needs to explain why she asked him to. They both have to answer to the daughter. No one else. Not any of us. Not Denmark just her. Remember they are all private citizens.
Absolutely. We do not know all the facts so this is mere opinion(all of us posters are putting our opinions on this site aren't we?). To me, should he choose not to take part in his daughter's life, one could question his moral/family values. After all...He did choose to marry a woman who is a public figure -so he knows his life (however private) would be up to scrutiny.

BTW, the whole thing reminds me of Liv Tyler (daugher of Aerosmith's Steve Tyler). She was raised believing her stepfather Todd Lundgren was her biological father and did not learn that Steve Tyler was her father until she went to an Aerosmith concert in her early teens, confronted her mother about it. Subsequently she got to know her biological father and changed her last name to Tyler. Now she is close to both her biological father and her stepfather. Does mother really know best?
__________________
  #228  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Zonk's Avatar
Administrator
 
Join Date: Aug 2005
Location: Somewhere in, United States
Posts: 10,379
Quote:
Originally Posted by Times2222
Absolutely. We do not know all the facts so this is mere opinion(all of us posters are putting our opinions on this site aren't we?). To me, should he choose not to take part in his daughter's life, one could question his moral/family values. After all...He did choose to marry a woman who is a public figure -so he knows his life (however private) would be up to scrutiny.

BTW, the whole thing reminds me of Liv Tyler (daugher of Aerosmith's Steve Tyler). She was raised believing her stepfather Todd Lundgren was her biological father and did not learn that Steve Tyler was her father until she went to an Aerosmith concert in her early teens, confronted her mother about it. Subsequently she got to know her biological father and changed her last name to Tyler. Now she is close to both her biological father and her stepfather. Does mother really know best?
Excellent point! The situation also reminds me of Gwen Stefani's husband (Gavin...for the life of Me...I can't remember his last name). His ex decided that someone else would be a better father figure for their daughter Daisy. And he never knew she was his daughter until she was 15 or 16! Let's hope for all concerned that they have developed some type of relationship (outside of the public eye).

In regards to Alexandra being a public figure....I think she will eventually fade into the background. There will pics of her with her children, doing some charity work...but she has set the stage long before her engagement. She will be missed...she is one of my favorites...but I think at this point...this is what she wants.
__________________
  #229  
Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2005
Location: .a, United States
Posts: 3,345
Quote:
(Gavin...for the life of Me...I can't remember his last name)
Rossdale

Moving back on topic.
__________________
  #230  
Old 02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
Oh, yes I would, if I don´t feel anything for my ex and he remains simply a good friend of mine.

I wouldn´t if he has hurt me or I still like him.

My personal decisions when it comes to your question.

For me it´s not weird at all to see Joachim present in the wedding of Alex and Martin.
I can imagine Martin being uncomfortable with Joachim there. It would make it too painfully obvious what Alexandra left (a Royal title and lifestyle) to marry him and while Alexandra may be perfectly content to leave her royal titles and privileges behind, I believe she is too thoughtful to Martin's feeling to have such a strong reminder of her former status at her new wedding where she will lose that status and privilege.

If the boys are uncomfortable without Joachim, then I can see a compromise but they've spent Easter away from their father.

On the other hand, Martin may be perfectly comfortable with having Joachim at the wedding. I only mention that I can think of a very good reason why he would be uncomfortable and therefore not like Joachim to attend his and Alexandra's wedding.
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #231  
Old 02-11-2007, 07:20 PM
LadyK's Avatar
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator
 
Join Date: May 2006
Location: Cincinnati, United States
Posts: 1,967
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Princess Christina?
woops, wrong sister, wrong family. Too many royals floating around in my little head!
__________________
The only limit to our realization of tomorrow will be our doubts of today. Franklin Delano Roosevelt

  #232  
Old 02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Jan 2007
Location: Frankfurt, Germany
Posts: 159
I read somewhere that Joachim is invited to the Polterabend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I can imagine Martin being uncomfortable with Joachim there. It would make it too painfully obvious what Alexandra left (a Royal title and lifestyle) to marry him and while Alexandra may be perfectly content to leave her royal titles and privileges behind, I believe she is too thoughtful to Martin's feeling to have such a strong reminder of her former status at her new wedding where she will lose that status and privilege.

If the boys are uncomfortable without Joachim, then I can see a compromise but they've spent Easter away from their father.

On the other hand, Martin may be perfectly comfortable with having Joachim at the wedding. I only mention that I can think of a very good reason why he would be uncomfortable and therefore not like Joachim to attend his and Alexandra's wedding.
I agree that Martin could feel uncomfortable if Joachim is present because of the reasons you mentioned.
On the other hand, Martin could also be totally proud of the fact that Princess Alexandra chooses to marry him despite the lost of her royal status.
(This kind of pride is a bit childish though.)
Anyway, I think Joachim won't be uncomfortable being present in their wedding. He has attended the wedding of his ex-girlfriend. It may be ok for him to attend the wedding of his ex-wife, too.
__________________
  #233  
Old 02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
ysbel's Avatar
Heir Apparent
TRF Author
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: New York, United States
Posts: 5,390
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
I read somewhere that Joachim is invited to the Polterabend.
OK Heike, you're testing my German. :) Is Polterabend is the stag party for the men in the wedding party the night before?
__________________
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
  #234  
Old 02-12-2007, 03:20 AM
norwegianne's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Rogaland, Norway
Posts: 5,993
Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
OK Heike, you're testing my German. :) Is Polterabend is the stag party for the men in the wedding party the night before?
Yes, it is the stag party, although it usually takes place before the night before. It was reported in the media that Martin's took place last weekend, and that Joachim was present. I mentioned this quite some pages ago.
__________________
  #235  
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 AM
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: May 2005
Location: Copenhagen, Denmark
Posts: 194
Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Yes, it is the stag party, although it usually takes place before the night before. It was reported in the media that Martin's took place last weekend, and that Joachim was present. I mentioned this quite some pages ago.
There is a picture on the cover of Se % Hør this week showing Martin and Joachim leaving a bar together...
__________________
  #236  
Old 02-12-2007, 04:55 AM
billie-jo's Avatar
Aristocracy
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: cessnock, Australia
Posts: 112
all i amasking is will alexandra let the boy's see their real father.
billie-jo
__________________
  #237  
Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
H.M. Margrethe's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: Odense, Denmark
Posts: 825
Quote:
Originally Posted by billie-jo
all i amasking is will alexandra let the boy's see their real father.
billie-jo
She has to because they share a joint custody together.
I hope that Alexandra are going to let her children have a normal and a nice relashionship with their biologial farther.
__________________
Long live the royal family in Denmark

  #238  
Old 02-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Jo of Palatine's Avatar
Heir Apparent
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Munich, Germany
Posts: 3,323
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
There is a picture on the cover of Se % Hør this week showing Martin and Joachim leaving a bar together...
That's not so unusual as one might think. My stepsister married her best friend's ex with her best friend being the bridesmaid! When he died last year, both shared the widowhood in a strange way due to German law and when it turned out that he had not changed the name of his wife in the insurance papers from the first to the second, they decided to share the sum even though by law the whole sum belonged to the first wife.... So, these things happen.
__________________
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
  #239  
Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Mandy's Avatar
Majesty
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: , United States
Posts: 6,927
Please, enough with the personal anecdotes... Afterall, this thread is about Alexandra and Martin and not what's happening in our personal lives. Let's move on.

Thanks,

Mandy
  #240  
Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Jackswife's Avatar
Courtier
 
Join Date: Feb 2004
Posts: 827
Alexandra's a lucky woman indeed, landing first Joachin and now Martin, both very good-looking men IMHO. I wish her and Martin the best and I'd venture to say also that she will make sure that her boys will always have a relationship with their father.
__________________

__________________
Closed Thread

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra


Currently Active Users Viewing This Thread: 1 (0 members and 1 guests)
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Countess Alexandra and Martin Jørgensen, Current Events Part 3: December 2009 - dazzling Royal House of Denmark 248 09-12-2014 02:37 AM
Alexandra, Countess of Frederiksborg, and Martin Jørgensen March 3, 2007 azile Weddings: Non-Reigning Houses & Nobility 304 09-25-2011 08:23 PM
Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 2: October 2008 - December 2009 Empress Current Events Archive 388 12-09-2009 01:36 AM
Countess Alexandra & Martin Jørgensen, Current Events 1: March 2007 - October 2008 Mandy Current Events Archive 475 10-21-2008 02:50 PM




Popular Tags
abdication belgium birth carl philip charlene chris o'neill crown prince frederik crown princess mary crown princess mette-marit crown princess victoria current events fashion germany grand duchess maria teresa grand duke henri hohenzollern infanta leonor infanta sofia jordan king carl xvi gustav king constantine ii king felipe king felipe vi king harald king juan carlos king philippe king willem-alexander letizia luxembourg nobility official visit olympic games ottoman pieter van vollenhoven pregnancy president hollande prince albert prince albert ii prince carl philip prince constantijn prince daniel prince floris prince pieter-christiaan princess aimee princess anita princess ariane princess astrid princess beatrix princess catharina-amalia princess charlene princess mabel princess madeleine princess margriet princess mary queen anne-marie queen fabiola queen letizia queen mathilde queen maxima queen silvia royal royal fashion russia sofia hellqvist spain state visit stockholm sweden the hague wedding



All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:33 AM.

Social Knowledge Networks

eXTReMe Tracker
Powered by vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2014
Jelsoft Enterprises

Royal News Delivered to your Email!

You can get the latest Royal News right in your inbox.

unsusbcribe at anytime with one click

Close [X]