Go Back   The Royal Forums > Reigning Houses > Royal House of Denmark

Join The Royal Forums Today
Closed Thread

Old 02-11-2007, 04:12 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothy
I am sure Alexandra will take part in many royal occaisions. I never understood this "not a member of the RF" once divorced. She is; she is the mother of Joachim's sons. They will be family forever. I daresay there will be many occaisions related to the princes where Alex will be present.
There is a difference to the family and the "Royal Family" and Royal House.
The Royal Family generally only includes those in the line of succession, and their wifes, I think. The DRF includes Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princess Benidikte, Princess Elizabeth, Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Prince Joachim, Prince Nicolas, and Prince Felix. Princess Benedikte's husband is not considered a member of the DRF (I'm 98% sure), nor is Princess Christina and family, as she renounced her claim to the throne. Technically, Queen Anne Marie and family are a separate royal family.

Old 02-11-2007, 04:24 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by LadyK
There is a difference to the family and the "Royal Family" and Royal House.
The Royal Family generally only includes those in the line of succession, and their wifes, I think. The DRF includes Queen Margrethe, Prince Henrik, Princess Benidikte, Princess Elizabeth, Prince Frederik, Princess Mary, Prince Christian, Prince Joachim, Prince Nicolas, and Prince Felix. Princess Benedikte's husband is not considered a member of the DRF (I'm 98% sure), nor is Princess Christina and family, as she renounced her claim to the throne. Technically, Queen Anne Marie and family are a separate royal family.
Princess Christina?

Old 02-11-2007, 04:33 PM
Aristocracy

Congratulations!
Old 02-11-2007, 04:43 PM
Aristocracy

yes i do think that sister morphine.
billie-jo
Old 02-11-2007, 06:08 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
If he has declined to pay child support and see his child than I agree that is quite ungentleman like behavior. But again...we don't know all the facts.

If it is alleged that the mother doesn't want him to have a relationship with the child...then what is he supposed to do? Take her to court and force the daughter to have a relationship with him. Even though she apparently has a father figure? How do we know that he is really not paying any type of support at all?

Again, I don't know ALL the facts nor do I think that we will know all of them.
Yes. I think so. He should play a role in the girl's life (even as a family friend). He relinquishes parental rights because the mother asked him too. What happens when the girl grows up, finds out that her "father figure" is not her real father and that her real father lived in Denmark all along also. How will he answer her questions -sorry your mother told me not to see you and that's why I did not pay child support or played a role in your life?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:16 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Times2222
Yes. I think so. He should play a role in the girl's life (even as a family friend). He relinquishes parental rights because the mother asked him too. What happens when the girl grows up, finds out that her "father figure" is not her real father and that her real father lived in Denmark all along also. How will he answer her questions -sorry your mother told me not to see you and that's why I did not pay child support or played a role in your life?
Remember this is all alleged...no definite proof has ever been provided but YES if that is the case.

And then she needs to talk to her mother....my point is....it goes both ways. If Martin has no relationship with his daughter because the mother asked him no to. He needs to explain why he walked away and and she (the mother) needs to explain why she asked him to. They both have to answer to the daughter. No one else. Not any of us. Not Denmark just her. Remember they are all private citizens.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:17 PM
Gentry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Frothy
Ysbel, She may also dislike the royal tag. Certainly Prince Edward, for example, did not wish it on his daughter. Not everybody that's "been there", as you say, sees it as universally desireable.

Prince Edward's sister Princess Anne also did not want her two kids Philip and Zara to get royal titles. She wanted them to have normal lives.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zonk
Remember this is all alleged...no definite proof has ever been provided but YES if that is the case.

And then she needs to talk to her mother....my point is....it goes both ways. If Martin has no relationship with his daughter because the mother asked him no to. He needs to explain why he walked away and and she (the mother) needs to explain why she asked him to. They both have to answer to the daughter. No one else. Not any of us. Not Denmark just her. Remember they are all private citizens.
Absolutely. We do not know all the facts so this is mere opinion(all of us posters are putting our opinions on this site aren't we?). To me, should he choose not to take part in his daughter's life, one could question his moral/family values. After all...He did choose to marry a woman who is a public figure -so he knows his life (however private) would be up to scrutiny.

BTW, the whole thing reminds me of Liv Tyler (daugher of Aerosmith's Steve Tyler). She was raised believing her stepfather Todd Lundgren was her biological father and did not learn that Steve Tyler was her father until she went to an Aerosmith concert in her early teens, confronted her mother about it. Subsequently she got to know her biological father and changed her last name to Tyler. Now she is close to both her biological father and her stepfather. Does mother really know best?
Old 02-11-2007, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Times2222
Absolutely. We do not know all the facts so this is mere opinion(all of us posters are putting our opinions on this site aren't we?). To me, should he choose not to take part in his daughter's life, one could question his moral/family values. After all...He did choose to marry a woman who is a public figure -so he knows his life (however private) would be up to scrutiny.

BTW, the whole thing reminds me of Liv Tyler (daugher of Aerosmith's Steve Tyler). She was raised believing her stepfather Todd Lundgren was her biological father and did not learn that Steve Tyler was her father until she went to an Aerosmith concert in her early teens, confronted her mother about it. Subsequently she got to know her biological father and changed her last name to Tyler. Now she is close to both her biological father and her stepfather. Does mother really know best?
Excellent point! The situation also reminds me of Gwen Stefani's husband (Gavin...for the life of Me...I can't remember his last name). His ex decided that someone else would be a better father figure for their daughter Daisy. And he never knew she was his daughter until she was 15 or 16! Let's hope for all concerned that they have developed some type of relationship (outside of the public eye).

In regards to Alexandra being a public figure....I think she will eventually fade into the background. There will pics of her with her children, doing some charity work...but she has set the stage long before her engagement. She will be missed...she is one of my favorites...but I think at this point...this is what she wants.
Old 02-11-2007, 06:58 PM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
(Gavin...for the life of Me...I can't remember his last name)
Rossdale

Moving back on topic.
Old 02-11-2007, 07:16 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
Oh, yes I would, if I don´t feel anything for my ex and he remains simply a good friend of mine.

I wouldn´t if he has hurt me or I still like him.

My personal decisions when it comes to your question.

For me it´s not weird at all to see Joachim present in the wedding of Alex and Martin.
I can imagine Martin being uncomfortable with Joachim there. It would make it too painfully obvious what Alexandra left (a Royal title and lifestyle) to marry him and while Alexandra may be perfectly content to leave her royal titles and privileges behind, I believe she is too thoughtful to Martin's feeling to have such a strong reminder of her former status at her new wedding where she will lose that status and privilege.

If the boys are uncomfortable without Joachim, then I can see a compromise but they've spent Easter away from their father.

On the other hand, Martin may be perfectly comfortable with having Joachim at the wedding. I only mention that I can think of a very good reason why he would be uncomfortable and therefore not like Joachim to attend his and Alexandra's wedding.
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-11-2007, 07:20 PM
Super Moderator
Picture of the Month Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Princess Christina?
woops, wrong sister, wrong family. Too many royals floating around in my little head!

Old 02-11-2007, 08:28 PM
Aristocracy

I read somewhere that Joachim is invited to the Polterabend.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
I can imagine Martin being uncomfortable with Joachim there. It would make it too painfully obvious what Alexandra left (a Royal title and lifestyle) to marry him and while Alexandra may be perfectly content to leave her royal titles and privileges behind, I believe she is too thoughtful to Martin's feeling to have such a strong reminder of her former status at her new wedding where she will lose that status and privilege.

If the boys are uncomfortable without Joachim, then I can see a compromise but they've spent Easter away from their father.

On the other hand, Martin may be perfectly comfortable with having Joachim at the wedding. I only mention that I can think of a very good reason why he would be uncomfortable and therefore not like Joachim to attend his and Alexandra's wedding.
I agree that Martin could feel uncomfortable if Joachim is present because of the reasons you mentioned.
On the other hand, Martin could also be totally proud of the fact that Princess Alexandra chooses to marry him despite the lost of her royal status.
(This kind of pride is a bit childish though.)
Anyway, I think Joachim won't be uncomfortable being present in their wedding. He has attended the wedding of his ex-girlfriend. It may be ok for him to attend the wedding of his ex-wife, too.
Old 02-11-2007, 08:41 PM
Heir Apparent
TRF Author

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heike
I read somewhere that Joachim is invited to the Polterabend.
OK Heike, you're testing my German. :) Is Polterabend is the stag party for the men in the wedding party the night before?
"One thing we can do is make the choice to view the world in a healthy way. We can choose to see the world as safe with only moments of danger rather than seeing the world as dangerous with only moments of safety."
-- Deepak Chopra
Old 02-12-2007, 03:20 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by ysbel
OK Heike, you're testing my German. :) Is Polterabend is the stag party for the men in the wedding party the night before?
Yes, it is the stag party, although it usually takes place before the night before. It was reported in the media that Martin's took place last weekend, and that Joachim was present. I mentioned this quite some pages ago.
Old 02-12-2007, 04:20 AM
Aristocracy

Quote:
Originally Posted by norwegianne
Yes, it is the stag party, although it usually takes place before the night before. It was reported in the media that Martin's took place last weekend, and that Joachim was present. I mentioned this quite some pages ago.
There is a picture on the cover of Se % Hør this week showing Martin and Joachim leaving a bar together...
Old 02-12-2007, 04:55 AM
Aristocracy

all i amasking is will alexandra let the boy's see their real father.
billie-jo
Old 02-12-2007, 05:14 AM
Courtier

Quote:
Originally Posted by billie-jo
all i amasking is will alexandra let the boy's see their real father.
billie-jo
She has to because they share a joint custody together.
I hope that Alexandra are going to let her children have a normal and a nice relashionship with their biologial farther.

Old 02-12-2007, 06:02 AM
Heir Apparent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sophus
There is a picture on the cover of Se % Hør this week showing Martin and Joachim leaving a bar together...
That's not so unusual as one might think. My stepsister married her best friend's ex with her best friend being the bridesmaid! When he died last year, both shared the widowhood in a strange way due to German law and when it turned out that he had not changed the name of his wife in the insurance papers from the first to the second, they decided to share the sum even though by law the whole sum belonged to the first wife.... So, these things happen.
'To dare is to lose one step for but a moment, not to dare is to lose oneself forever' - Crown Prince Frederick of Denmark in a letter to Miss Mary Donaldson as stated by them on their official engagement interview.
Old 02-12-2007, 01:42 PM
Majesty

Please, enough with the personal anecdotes... Afterall, this thread is about Alexandra and Martin and not what's happening in our personal lives. Let's move on.

Thanks,

Mandy
Old 02-12-2007, 04:09 PM
Courtier

Alexandra's a lucky woman indeed, landing first Joachin and now Martin, both very good-looking men IMHO. I wish her and Martin the best and I'd venture to say also that she will make sure that her boys will always have a relationship with their father.

Tags
alexandra, alexandra manley, countess alexandra, countess of frederiksborg, martin jørgensen, princess alexandra